Scooter
Community

in
ADVERTISEMENT
Aprilia

REA Q-ride providers

Last post 09-25-2012 11:57 AM by Altair2Ezio. 4 replies.
Page 1 of 1 (5 items)
Sort Posts: Previous Next
  • 10-24-2010 10:47 PM

REA Q-ride providers

Hi all

OK i've finally got approval from the Minister of Home Affairs  (wife) to do my QRide. Though I'm not going to do my bike licence - will do the scooter (automatic gear box) only. Can anyone recommend Q-ride providers in Brisbane who will do this specifically? I know Morgan and Whacker do though was wondering who else did. Also want to try and get a small class.

cya

k

• 10-25-2010 09:23 AM In reply to

• TRA
    • Top 100 Contributor
    • Joined on 05-09-2010
    • Posts 302

Re: REA Q-ride providers

I can recommend Morgan and Whacker. Been there 3 times now. Will be heading back to do my R class licence in a few months time, also planning on doing some advanced riding courses with them soon.

• 10-29-2010 10:02 AM In reply to

• yachtie01
    • Top 150 Contributor
    • Joined on 02-24-2009
    • Victoria Point Qld
    • Posts 215

Hi,I went to Mt Cotton to do mine,they were very good and will go back to get my open bike/scooter there also.Cheers. 

• 12-03-2010 12:03 PM In reply to

• Paul
    • Top 50 Contributor
    • Joined on 05-16-2008
    • Brisbane
    • Posts 652

HART - Slacks Creek

Cheers,
    Paul

Now Scarabeo 300 June 11 with Arrow pipe..oh yea!
    previously Scarabeo 200 (with gpr pipe) Oct 09 - June 11 (18,450km)
    previously Vmoto Monaco Apr 09 -Oct 09

*lusting after a GTS, but a few good models for 2013*

• 09-25-2012 11:57 AM In reply to

I know this is a very old post, but I thought I will update it with my Q-Ride experience. I did my Q-Ride on 24/09/12 via Ride Smart @ Northside (Carseldine, QLD). Upgraded my RE-L to RE-A and rode a Honda Dio 110cc. The instructor 'Elliot Stone' was a really good bloke, funny and friendly. The people at Ride Smart are professional and helpful as well. The assessment lasted for 4 hrs or so with 20 mins lunch break and a 40min video lecture. Cost was $270 and its value for money. I did do a referesher course ($70) starting at 7:30am just to get a feel of riding a scooter after 7 long years. Overall, people deciiding on Q-Ride should think Ride Smart as an option as its competitive on price and doesn't compromise on quality. The course as you might know included 5 units in the car park - slalom, swerving, figure '8', emergency braking and slow riding. The 6th unit was a video (40min) with 10 simple MCQs at the end. The last unit was comprised of riding on roads, which lasted for about 45 mins or so.

No, I am not affiliated with Ride Smart, nor did I recive any brownie points from Ride Smart for this post, I am just a student @ UQ :-)

"Fear not the darkness - but welcome its embrace."
    ―Ezio Auditore da Firenze
Page 1 of 1 (5 items)

ADVERTISEMENT

©2007 ScooterSales.com.au