Scooter
Community

Question on Vespa parts

Last post 01-21-2012 10:03 AM by silverflyer. 27 replies.
Page 1 of 2 (28 items) 1 2 Next >
Sort Posts: Previous Next
  • 12-02-2010 12:32 PM

• bradr
    • Top 25 Contributor
    • Joined on 01-13-2009
    • Nowra NSW
    • Posts 2,036

Question on Vespa parts

Has any one dealt with Vespa Spares . co.uk ?,i purchased some parts about 3 weeks ago via their online shopping facility, my question is how long would it normally take for parts to arrive in Australia from England via the post?,not having dealt with them before i don't know what the average time would be,hoping that maybe one of my fellow scooter dudes has some previous experience and can give me an opinion on the transport time?.

Red ones always go faster but blue ones go pretty quick , but now blue ones are the way to go😄
  • 12-02-2010 01:46 PM In reply to

• ScootaCo
    • Not Ranked
    • Joined on 11-23-2010
    • ScootaCo Cairns
    • Posts 5

Re: Question on Vespa parts

Hi Bradr

I often import quantities of parts from PM tuning in England and have waited generally no longer than 2 weeks, however they usualy come via a freight company as opposed to general post so this end I would expect three to four weeks would be the norm depending on size of the shipment. not sure what you are chasing but the guys at PM are awesome, they deal mainly in performance stuff but with the exchange rate at the moment it is happy days.

regards Linc B

• 12-02-2010 02:27 PM In reply to

• bradr
    • Top 25 Contributor
    • Joined on 01-13-2009
    • Nowra NSW
    • Posts 2,036

Ah ,so your'e thinking 3 to 4 weeks via the post,i won't panic at this stage then,the stuff i ordered is just service parts for my GTS,was heaps cheaper than Australia even with what i think is enourmous postage costs it still worked out a very good deal,i guess because of the exchange rates

Red ones always go faster but blue ones go pretty quick , but now blue ones are the way to go😄
  • 12-02-2010 02:57 PM In reply to

Hi Brad

I have purchased a lot of scooter parts from the UK mainly via allstyles scooters great to deal with online and normally takes 2 weeks by registered mail which is a little quicker than normal postal channels as I have waited up to 3 weeks...plus they are all snowed in at the moment.

cheers Mike

• 12-02-2010 03:51 PM In reply to

• bradr
    • Top 25 Contributor
    • Joined on 01-13-2009
    • Nowra NSW
    • Posts 2,036

Brighton Belle:
    they are all snowed in at the moment

Aren't they always snowed in?Big Smile

• 12-02-2010 04:41 PM In reply to

I usually use Beedspeed in the UK; stuff from them via the normal postal system takes generally around a fortnight under normal circumstances. But yes, I reckon the heavy snows they're getting could slow things up a bit!

organiser Hobart Motor Scooter Club

Cool gear and Vespa seat covers at cosmicbreed.com

For info on the National Scooter Rallies open to all riders, go to National Scooter Rally

Remember, don't spend all your time posting on scooter forums - get out there and ride your scooter...
  • 12-02-2010 06:05 PM In reply to

Bad weather & Christmas rush could slow things down but generally 2 to 6 weeks time frame for UK posted stuff

Si ‘Thi’ later
  • 12-02-2010 09:57 PM In reply to

• SteelMoon
    • Top 75 Contributor
    • Joined on 05-04-2008
    • PERTH , WESTERN AUSTRALIA
    • Posts 420

ScooterWest.com have all Vespa Spare parts and bling.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Piaggio Fly 150 and lovin.

• 12-02-2010 10:03 PM In reply to

There's also GPS Imports I think in NSW?

Wanda
    Today 50 (2,500km), Montego. Fly (2,500km), Le Grande (7,000km), Vespa PX (200km), Vespa GTS250ie (46,000km), now looking at the world through Ruby coloured glasses on a Vespa GTV300ie Vie Della Moda.
  • 12-02-2010 11:10 PM In reply to

• bradr
    • Top 25 Contributor
    • Joined on 01-13-2009
    • Nowra NSW
    • Posts 2,036

Scooternut:

There's also GPS Imports I think in NSW?

Yes,i have on many occasions used GPS Imports who are actually in Melbourne, but i tried to buy my usual belt , rollers & oil filters which i,ve always got from them but they reckon they were out of stock on belts,couldn't really tell me if/when they had more coming and were just plain unhelpfull & decidedly uninterested which i had never experienced previously.I don't know but maybe they have some staff issues or something,so i looked around the net and found vespaspares uk who had all the bits at a very good price even with the heavy postage costs, all parts are genuine Vespa,the belt is about 1/2 the Aust cost,but its going to be an interesting journey i think,i ordered 11th nov and they said all ok,today i checked on progress and was told that 1 item is on backorder from Italy,they didn't contact me and tell me,i had to contact them and do my own detective work,so at the moment i'm not impressed with their customer service or rather lack of!.If anyone is thinking of buying from Vespaspares uk,better hold off till my bits finally turn up,i'll report on this later, but probably next time i'll go with Scooterwest or SIP or the likeSad

ps--at least i'm not desperately  waiting on the parts,still got a couple of months or so till service is due

• 12-03-2010 08:34 AM In reply to

Sipscootershop 4 days. 2/3 weeks is unacceptable.

Vespa PX150
    Polini 177
    Match ported
    Opened rotary pad
    Mip cut crank
    Sip 24si carb
    Cosa 22 primary upgear
    Polini exhaust
  • 12-03-2010 08:52 AM In reply to

jimscoot:

Sipscootershop 4 days. 2/3 weeks is unacceptable.

You do pay for the quicker delivery, though, Jim - it's DHL I think with SIP. Normal postage does take longer!

organiser Hobart Motor Scooter Club

Cool gear and Vespa seat covers at cosmicbreed.com

For info on the National Scooter Rallies open to all riders, go to National Scooter Rally

Remember, don't spend all your time posting on scooter forums - get out there and ride your scooter...
  • 12-03-2010 08:59 AM In reply to

I've just had the same experience, Scooterwest 3 days, GPS a month and I ordered the same day, the attitude I got was more like too bloody busy for the small stuff, but still helpful. Not happy with the wait though.

2006 GT200
    1971 Sprint Veloce
    Best of both worlds.
    http://71sprintveloce.blogspot.com/
  • 12-03-2010 12:43 PM In reply to

• bradr
    • Top 25 Contributor
    • Joined on 01-13-2009
    • Nowra NSW
    • Posts 2,036

badrever71:
    Scooterwest 3 days

Wow, 3 days,looks like it will be Scooterwest next time round,its a real pity with GPS because they had always been so good in the past,as i said previously i think it would be staff issues,hopefully they'll sort it soon

• 12-03-2010 12:59 PM In reply to

I think all the moons aligned that day but I would've been happy with a week...

I hope so, They have been better in the past in my experience. mind you they didn't have some of the things I wanted and pretty much insisted that it was no problem getting them in, it still would've been quicker and cheaper to do it myself.

2006 GT200
    1971 Sprint Veloce
    Best of both worlds.
    http://71sprintveloce.blogspot.com/
Page 1 of 2 (28 items) 1 2 Next >

ADVERTISEMENT

©2007 ScooterSales.com.au