Scooter
Community

Jettin Exhaust on a GTS

Last post 11-03-2011 01:25 PM by GTSn. 35 replies.
Page 2 of 3 (36 items) < Previous 1 2 3 Next >
Sort Posts: Previous Next
  • 05-16-2011 10:31 AM In reply to

Re: Jettin Exhaust on a GTS

Pete

This may be statin' the bleeding obvious, but the advice on modernvespa.com (from the guys who KNOW like patrick oopsclunkthud) seems to be that you can force the computer to re-set itself by disconnecting the battery for 15 mins .. the engine management should then re-acquire data, including any changed data from the new pipe ... but you've probably already done that.  Apparrently, this technique works on quite a few (if not all) engine management systems ...

Sydney / Vespa PX150 & GTS250ie / BMW R1200R
  • 05-16-2011 05:10 PM In reply to

• bradr
    • Top 25 Contributor
    • Joined on 01-13-2009
    • Nowra NSW
    • Posts 2,037

Caroanbill:

Pete

This may be statin' the bleeding obvious, but the advice on modernvespa.com (from the guys who KNOW like patrick oopsclunkthud) seems to be that you can force the computer to re-set itself by disconnecting the battery for 15 mins .. the engine management should then re-acquire data, including any changed data from the new pipe ... but you've probably already done that.  Apparrently, this technique works on quite a few (if not all) engine management

Your'e on the right track sort of , while diconnecting the battery does clear the computer , when the engine re-starts it does collect up all the revevant signals from the various management sensors on the motor but those signals or values do have to line up with the parameters set in to the computer , these values have some tolerance either way, but if for some reason the motor goes outside those parameters then there will be a problem , i.e if the motor is running lean by way of an air leak in the intake system or if the exhaust has some very radical alteration to its flow/backpressure etc , having said all this i don't think any of the aftermarket power pipes for Vespa's that are available off the shelf would cause any engine management issues.

Red ones always go faster but blue ones go pretty quick , but now blue ones are the way to go😄
  • 05-16-2011 05:15 PM In reply to

• bradr
    • Top 25 Contributor
    • Joined on 01-13-2009
    • Nowra NSW
    • Posts 2,037

adamtassell:
    Due to my secretary backing over my scooter

Ya secretary BACKED OVER your scooter , is this the secretary that you used to have ? or is she extremely good looking and thus able to remain employed ?  lolBig Smile

Red ones always go faster but blue ones go pretty quick , but now blue ones are the way to go😄
  • 05-16-2011 09:45 PM In reply to

bradr:

adamtassell:
    Due to my secretary backing over my scooter

Ya secretary BACKED OVER your scooter , is this the secretary that you used to have ? or is she extremely good looking and thus able to remain employed ?  lolBig Smile

She is so good that if she STOLE my scooter I still would not fire her.

Scarabeo 500ie. J costa variator, Giannelli Exhaust, Malossi Cam, Dr Pulley Clutch, and SX appeal cup holder. GONE

Bought a ducati, missed scootering so now riding a Vespa 300 super. Polini variator, PM tuning exhaust, Malossi clutch springs jettin bar ends with mirrors, heated grips and still an SX appeal cup holder.
  • 05-17-2011 12:06 AM In reply to

• bradr
    • Top 25 Contributor
    • Joined on 01-13-2009
    • Nowra NSW
    • Posts 2,037

adamtassell:
    She is so good that if she STOLE my scooter I still would not fire her

Ah , one of THOSE secretaries that keeps your w/ends & any spare time that  could used for scootering filled with odd jobs & other delightfull tasksSmile

• 05-17-2011 12:29 AM In reply to

PG,

That exhaust looks good, although why you didn't get the pink option is beyond me. Still, you can always paint it later.

I have never put a different exhaust on my Scarab, despite being very tempted. I think what has held me back is that I feel I will be following in the footsteps of P-plate drivers who put loud exhausts onto only ordinary cars to convince themselves they are driving Ferrari's. I am sure I'd love a louder pipe, but I don't know, I just can't bring myself to do it.

Mack Truck
  • 05-17-2011 01:26 AM In reply to

ColdCola:

PG,

That exhaust looks good, although why you didn't get the pink option is beyond me. Still, you can always paint it later.

I have never put a different exhaust on my Scarab, despite being very tempted. I think what has held me back is that I feel I will be following in the footsteps of P-plate drivers who put loud exhausts onto only ordinary cars to convince themselves they are driving Ferrari's. I am sure I'd love a louder pipe, but I don't know, I just can't bring myself to do it.

Do you reckon there are more ferraris or scarabeo 500s in NSW?  Ordinary? I wouldn't have thought so!

Scarabeo 500ie. J costa variator, Giannelli Exhaust, Malossi Cam, Dr Pulley Clutch, and SX appeal cup holder. GONE

Bought a ducati, missed scootering so now riding a Vespa 300 super. Polini variator, PM tuning exhaust, Malossi clutch springs jettin bar ends with mirrors, heated grips and still an SX appeal cup holder.
  • 05-17-2011 07:41 AM In reply to

• petegailey
    • Top 10 Contributor
    • Joined on 03-03-2008
    • Cleared off, up the Mid Nth Coast
    • Posts 7,090

ColdCola:

PG,

Its a bit like pegging the piece of cardboard to the wheel of ya dragstar, its all about grin factor.

Daelim NS 125: Mighty 1st scoot from Korea that punched way above its weight. Sold
    Vespa GTS 250: Modern Retro brilliance. I'll ride it til it dies.Traded in on a maxi.
    Suzuki DR650: "That Thing" Excellent Single 650 thumper chook chaser that was too tall. Sold
    Yamaha T Max: Best Maxi out there and serious canyon racer. Sold
    Triumph Bonneville: Modern Retro brilliance with the sweetest parallel twin.
    BMW F800R: The Naked Hun. Great intro into sports bikes.
    Gilera Runner FXR 180: 2 stroke scooter missile from Piaggio.
    Gilera Nexus 500. Sexy like red Italian stilettos.
    Yamaha RZ250RR: Retro Japanese 2 stroke racer.
  • 05-17-2011 08:04 AM In reply to

ColdCola:

PG,

Wink TIGHT WAD Stick out tongue

• 05-17-2011 05:41 PM In reply to

adamtassell:

ColdCola:

PG,

Do you reckon there are more ferraris or scarabeo 500s in NSW?  Ordinary? I wouldn't have thought so!

Adam, sorry, I didn't really mean to imply that the Scarabeo or the Vespa are ordinary vehicles. They most certainly are not! I suspect I would feel the same hesitation if I was on any other two-wheeled or four-wheeled machine. I just find the P-plate mentality -- double the volume to impress the world -- a bit silly and I don't want to follow their lead, so to speak, by raising my own volume hugely. But my feelings are changeable; I might see it all differently in an hour or two!

Mack Truck
  • 05-17-2011 05:44 PM In reply to

petegailey:

ColdCola:

PG,

Its a bit like pegging the piece of cardboard to the wheel of ya dragstar, its all about grin factor.

I do at least understand that analogy! 

Mack Truck
  • 05-17-2011 05:47 PM In reply to

pyrah:

ColdCola:

PG,

Wink TIGHT WAD Stick out tongue

No, it's not about the money, Pyrah. I've earnt a bit extra from my second job lately...So let the good times roll!

Mack Truck
  • 05-17-2011 11:45 PM In reply to

• bradr
    • Top 25 Contributor
    • Joined on 01-13-2009
    • Nowra NSW
    • Posts 2,037

petegailey:
    Its a bit like pegging the piece of cardboard to the wheel of ya dragstar

Now them was the days , we used the cards that came with the bubblegum , some used the footy player cards , others used the batman cards and of course we used plenty of good old mums pegs & she'd always be winging cause there wasn't enough to hang the washing.Big Smile

• 05-20-2011 07:35 AM In reply to

• BBonered
    • Top 500 Contributor
    • Joined on 05-08-2011
    • Gold Coast
    • Posts 78

That pipe looks mean. Ive been following your posts as a non site member Pete. Very nice Vespa.

• 05-21-2011 11:48 PM In reply to

• petegailey
    • Top 10 Contributor
    • Joined on 03-03-2008
    • Cleared off, up the Mid Nth Coast
    • Posts 7,090

Thanks BBonered, Yep. phatVespa has turned out to be a REAL classic. Fast enough to feel speed in your face, nimble through the gridlock, rarely beaten off the lights, able to travel long distances at freeway speed, real fun in the twisties and relentlessly reliable. Happy with the mods and still love riding it nearly 3 years and 46,000ks later. I couldn't live without one. I reckon that buying a quality scoot like the GTS was good bang for buck.

Daelim NS 125: Mighty 1st scoot from Korea that punched way above its weight. Sold
    Vespa GTS 250: Modern Retro brilliance. I'll ride it til it dies.Traded in on a maxi.
    Suzuki DR650: "That Thing" Excellent Single 650 thumper chook chaser that was too tall. Sold
    Yamaha T Max: Best Maxi out there and serious canyon racer. Sold
    Triumph Bonneville: Modern Retro brilliance with the sweetest parallel twin.
    BMW F800R: The Naked Hun. Great intro into sports bikes.
    Gilera Runner FXR 180: 2 stroke scooter missile from Piaggio.
    Gilera Nexus 500. Sexy like red Italian stilettos.
    Yamaha RZ250RR: Retro Japanese 2 stroke racer.
Page 2 of 3 (36 items) < Previous 1 2 3 Next >

ADVERTISEMENT

©2007 ScooterSales.com.au