ADVERTISEMENT

Scooter
Community

in
ADVERTISEMENT

NaxSax waterproof pants

Last post 11-12-2012 12:44 PM by DaelimMonkey. 16 replies.
Page 1 of 2 (17 items) 1 2 Next >
Sort Posts: Previous Next
  • 12-20-2011 11:26 AM

• Jax
    • Top 10 Contributor
    • Joined on 08-23-2008
    • Sydney
    • Posts 3,060

NaxSax waterproof pants

I find it very difficult to do the "side of the road dance" whilst attempting to don wet weather gear so I have ordered a pair of these

http://www.youtube.com/v/DytpqV5FLGw <p><a href="http://www.youtube.com/v/DytpqV5FLGw">http://www.youtube.com/v/DytpqV5FLGw</a></p>

Off to Queensland in the morn so I'll do my review upon return.

Need scooter parking? www.mcnetwork.com.au on the web or on your iPhone or Android phone
    MCNetwork - using Google maps to plot every parking spot, every dealer, every shop - linked to every product for your scooter.

• 12-20-2011 11:57 AM In reply to

Re: NaxSax waterproof pants

Very nice.

The company doesn't have a secure website and they don't have an Ebay Store.

Indifferent

Kymco Xciting 500Ri ( About to sell )
  • 12-20-2011 05:06 PM In reply to

• Jax
    • Top 10 Contributor
    • Joined on 08-23-2008
    • Sydney
    • Posts 3,060

DaelimMonkey:

The company doesn't have a secure website and they don't have an Ebay Store.

Indifferent

Yeah - I did it the old fashioned way - I rang George on his mobile and he took my credit card over the phone Stick out tongue

I saw them demonstrated at the Ulysses AGM and am very curious to see how they perform.

Need scooter parking? www.mcnetwork.com.au on the web or on your iPhone or Android phone
    MCNetwork - using Google maps to plot every parking spot, every dealer, every shop - linked to every product for your scooter.

• 12-20-2011 05:53 PM In reply to

In that case i bet he would take a money order if you are worried Daelim monkey

An' Ah'll tell thi that fer nowt

• 12-21-2011 08:54 AM In reply to

pyrah:

In that case i bet he would take a money order if you are worried Daelim monkey

It's more about him geting his product exposure, as well as making it easier for people to make the purchase.

If you use a platform that many use and have a payment system that easy, then it all falls together and sales take off.

I know there's more to it than that, but that's the crux of it.  Keeping it to shows and off the cuff sales, from word of mouth leads to disapointment.

• 01-10-2012 11:37 AM In reply to

• Jax
    • Top 10 Contributor
    • Joined on 08-23-2008
    • Sydney
    • Posts 3,060

My Review:

100% waterproof - but then all pants are at the beginning. The test will come after 6 months of wear and tear.

They are a little more fiddly to put on than normal pants but I don't mind that - they are MUCH easier than doing the side of the road dance for someone like me who finds it difficult to balance on one leg.

They fit really well and a HUGE bonus is the velcro belt which acts like a kidney belt and helps with lower back support. Very comfortable!

Downsides:  because of the velcro belt, they are large to pack up and don't fit in the pocket of my side pannier.

The zips are a little awkward to manoeuvre at first. Trying to reach round the side and get the slots in the right place is hard. The trick is to swing the whole zip part to the front and do it up that way. Once u get the technique it's fine.

• 01-10-2012 11:53 AM In reply to

Yep waiting for the after 6 months review Yes

An' Ah'll tell thi that fer nowt

• 01-10-2012 11:57 AM In reply to

Thanks for that, Ive been interested in these. How long did it take to deliver once you'd placed the order?

Daelim NS 125: Mighty 1st scoot from Korea that punched way above its weight. Sold
    Vespa GTS 250: Modern Retro brilliance. I'll ride it til it dies.Traded in on a maxi.
    Suzuki DR650: "That Thing" Excellent Single 650 thumper chook chaser that was too tall. Sold
    Yamaha T Max: Best Maxi out there and serious canyon racer. Sold
    Triumph Bonneville: Modern Retro brilliance with the sweetest parallel twin.
    BMW F800R: The Naked Hun. Great intro into sports bikes.
    Gilera Runner FXR 180: 2 stroke scooter missile from Piaggio.
    Gilera Nexus 500. Sexy like red Italian stilettos.
    Yamaha RZ250RR: Retro Japanese 2 stroke racer.
  • 01-12-2012 02:50 PM In reply to

Jax:

100% waterproof - but then all pants are at the beginning. The test will come after 6 months of wear and tear.

The weak point and the main source of leaks are the seams, especially the one that usually runs through the middle of one's crotch. I couldn't quite see this detail on their youtube clip - is there a seam there? I am hoping that due to their shape that critical part could be cut from one single piece of material, in which case they have a hope of remaining waterproof.

• 01-13-2012 08:05 AM In reply to

• Jax
    • Top 10 Contributor
    • Joined on 08-23-2008
    • Sydney
    • Posts 3,060

petegailey:

Thanks for that, Ive been interested in these. How long did it take to deliver once you'd placed the order?

Ordered by phone and they were in my letterbox the following morning via Expresspost. Yes

Yes Ferrix there is a seam in the crotch but they look really well sealed. I'll take a photo later.

• 04-02-2012 02:31 PM In reply to

Jax:

Yes Ferrix there is a seam in the crotch but they look really well sealed. I'll take a photo later.

After the very wet Sydney summer, how did the pants perform?

2009 Vespa GTS 300ie
  • 04-03-2012 05:42 AM In reply to

ponsdale:
    After the very wet Sydney summer, how did the pants perform?
    Jax is off touring the far west at the moment but I was asking her about the Nax Sax pants as I was interested in trying a pair myself, and she said that they had indeed been 100% waterproof. Jax has a theory though that all waterproof gear eventually leaks and is only reliable for one or two seasons. The other comment she made was that the pants are a bit more bulky to pack due to the waist belt. She's getting very conscientious about how gear stows as she gets ready for her grande scooter tour of Europe next month.

Daelim NS 125: Mighty 1st scoot from Korea that punched way above its weight. Sold
    Vespa GTS 250: Modern Retro brilliance. I'll ride it til it dies.Traded in on a maxi.
    Suzuki DR650: "That Thing" Excellent Single 650 thumper chook chaser that was too tall. Sold
    Yamaha T Max: Best Maxi out there and serious canyon racer. Sold
    Triumph Bonneville: Modern Retro brilliance with the sweetest parallel twin.
    BMW F800R: The Naked Hun. Great intro into sports bikes.
    Gilera Runner FXR 180: 2 stroke scooter missile from Piaggio.
    Gilera Nexus 500. Sexy like red Italian stilettos.
    Yamaha RZ250RR: Retro Japanese 2 stroke racer.
  • 11-10-2012 11:45 AM In reply to

Hello Jax,

Can we have an update on these pants please?

Have they held up?

Thanks!

• 11-11-2012 05:22 PM In reply to

• Jax
    • Top 10 Contributor
    • Joined on 08-23-2008
    • Sydney
    • Posts 3,060

Ok - it's been nearly one year and I have put the pants through their paces. A few really good Aussie storms, lots of drizzly rain, carted around Europe for 3 months and shoved in and out of bags, folded, squished and generally abused. They have not leaked yet!

For use in Oz it was probably 1-2 hours at a time but for Europe I was sometimes in them 6-7 hours a day. I was blessed with great weather in Europe, but often wore them for the wind resistance factor. All up probably I've had them on about 2-3 dozen times.

All wet weather pants seem to be made from the same material - white plastic coating on a nylon fabric. Every pair of pants I have ever had has failed when the white coating starts to disintergrate. Whether this is from normal wear and tear or from trying to put them on and off with motorcycle boots, they have all failed eventually.

The NaxSax have extra plastic tape down every seam and have never suffered from motorcycle boots scraping away on the inside but as you can see from the photos the white coating has begun to come away right beside the tape.

As yet, I have not been in heavy enough rain for this to be a problem, but it's only a matter of time. I'll patch this up with Duct tape and see if I can get another season out of them.

They are bulky - very bulky - and unless you are very very careful about folding them up properly and stowing them in their own bag, the velcro catches on everything! There are four lots of velcro on the waist and one on each ankle and they all get snagged on every other bit of themselves and your gloves, neckwarmers, towels etc.

The zips are strong and slide easily and never failed once. Sometimes it was fiddly to get the catch in properly and get the zip started but that's probably my impatience more than anything.

They are exceedingly comfortable, particularly around the folded knees. The elastic waitband was a great kidney belt and very warm.

And most of all they are brilliantly easy to get on and off for someone like me who can't balance on one leg. The design concept is still strong and with a few modifications I would buy another pair.

The only sticking point is the cost. $100 for 12-18 months of protection. If you don't have a disability, opting for the cheaper alternative might be more economical. But they ALL fail eventually.

• 11-12-2012 07:19 AM In reply to

This is very helpful info... Thanks.

I am wondering if a touch up with one of the better quality water proofing sprays would extend the life. Duct tape on the inside and a quick spray on the outside would probably give you a bit longer. I have been tempted to duct tape the seams, when new on water proofs, to see if they last that way. A bit of fresh spray and tape every year is cheaper than a pair of new pants. Just a few thoughts.

Previously many road/trail bikes
    Honda Spacy , Scarabeo 200
    Hyundai Rally 100, Scarabeo 500
    MP3 250, Hyosung gv650
    Fuoco, Bonniville
    Piaggio Fly 125
    Scarabeo 500ie (2010)
    Piaggio Fly 150ie (2012)+
    Suzuki Boulevard M50
    http://www.coffeescoffer.com
    http://tastag.coffeescoffer.com (forum)
Page 1 of 2 (17 items) 1 2 Next >