Scooter
Community

in
ADVERTISEMENT
Vespa

NaxSax waterproof pants

Last post 11-12-2012 12:44 PM by DaelimMonkey. 16 replies.
Page 2 of 2 (17 items) < Previous 1 2
Sort Posts: Previous Next
  • 11-12-2012 10:27 AM In reply to

• petegailey
    • Top 10 Contributor
    • Joined on 03-03-2008
    • Cleared off, up the Mid Nth Coast
    • Posts 7,090

Re: NaxSax waterproof pants

My latest pair of rainpants have recently developed the inevitable crotch leak so I got out my trusty tube of roofing silicone and resealed the seams. Have'nt had a run in heavy rain yet but the seal looks very good and flexiable. Took a couple of days to set properly but Im optimistic at this stage.

Daelim NS 125: Mighty 1st scoot from Korea that punched way above its weight. Sold
    Vespa GTS 250: Modern Retro brilliance. I'll ride it til it dies.Traded in on a maxi.
    Suzuki DR650: "That Thing" Excellent Single 650 thumper chook chaser that was too tall. Sold
    Yamaha T Max: Best Maxi out there and serious canyon racer. Sold
    Triumph Bonneville: Modern Retro brilliance with the sweetest parallel twin.
    BMW F800R: The Naked Hun. Great intro into sports bikes.
    Gilera Runner FXR 180: 2 stroke scooter missile from Piaggio.
    Gilera Nexus 500. Sexy like red Italian stilettos.
    Yamaha RZ250RR: Retro Japanese 2 stroke racer.
  • 11-12-2012 12:44 PM In reply to

Re: NaxSax waterproof pants

A mate of mine used to use something called "Seam Grip" which made a very flexable but strong goo.  You could cut a thong in half and glue it with this stuff, and it would be stronger than a new thong.

It's now sold under the Mcnett brand, but since it's $18 I didn't want to pay that much just to see if it was still the same.  I'm going cheap, so I  got some sort of flexable glue from that green hardware store.

Thanks Jax for the great report.

Kymco Xciting 500Ri ( About to sell )
Page 2 of 2 (17 items) < Previous 1 2

ADVERTISEMENT

©2007 ScooterSales.com.au