Scooter
Community

PX pep up

Last post 10-28-2014 09:59 PM by Lupine. 20 replies.
Page 2 of 2 (21 items) < Previous 1 2
Sort Posts: Previous Next
  • 02-06-2012 11:58 AM In reply to

Re: PX is now peppy!

Big Smile Energico Yes

• 02-06-2012 03:52 PM In reply to

Good update Big Smile  The difference you get with a few choice investments is certainly worthwhile.  Looking forward to hearing more...

Ace Scooters - practitioners to the scooter addicted.

www.acescooters.com.au
  • 02-21-2012 06:29 PM In reply to

Wanda
    Today 50 (2,500km), Montego. Fly (2,500km), Le Grande (7,000km), Vespa PX (200km), Vespa GTS250ie (46,000km), now looking at the world through Ruby coloured glasses on a Vespa GTV300ie Vie Della Moda.
  • 02-21-2012 07:22 PM In reply to

Yep and they both make a stink when first disturbed Big Smile

• 02-25-2012 05:02 AM In reply to

• hank
    • Top 100 Contributor
    • Joined on 12-01-2010
    • Posts 281

Caroanbill:

Hooo - weee! Collected my PX150 ("Blackie") on Saturday mornng and spent much of the day zipping about, mostly two-up.

It's transformed!

Motor

The SITO Plus / re-jet / hotter plug / freer intake has made a marked improvement to midrange urge, without losing the low-end urge that makes teh PX so tractable.  It would pull through much more quickly to 80kmh two-up on level ground - previously it would lose urge from 70kmh, solo.  Hills are still a big ask above 70kmh two up - but I didn't expect a miracle and I don't really use the PX for fast two up riding ... have the GTS for that (around town).  I feel I've still got the PX character I like, and now even more of it.

Ride 

Tyres first. The nice surprise is that the SL26 3.5s are just fine. A reasonable amount of spirited riding saw my "chicken strips" down to about 1cm each side, whereas on the S83s I was skipping on the edge of the tread. Of course, I wasn't about to test the edge of the envelope with Ms Delectable aboard! I should get right to the edge of the SL26s with a bt of solo fun.  More to the point, the stiffer sidewalls and even 'feel' of a good tubeless tyre makes the PX feel more planted to road - it's lost the jittery feel of the tubed S83s. 

Rear Bitubo shock plus new bushing (firmer - think it's urethane but not 100% sure) has made the back end both more planted and more compliant.  The PX has lost a lot of the "hinge in the middle" feel, and it tracks a lot more predictably through corners where it used to wallow.

Sound

Nice and crisp!  The Sito Plus (plus the better intake flow) has a bit more snap / bite on overrun, and noticeably louder but still not offensive.  Well, It's a lot quieter than the Lammie series II I was riding with!

thats your best post yet Big Smile

i cant explain myself im afraid sir, because im not myself you see
  • 10-28-2014 09:59 PM In reply to

• Lupine
    • Not Ranked
    • Joined on 08-01-2014
    • Posts 1

What plug did you put in as mine seems to struggle in higher rev range when accelerating hard.  Also,  did you drill the air filter? 

Page 2 of 2 (21 items) < Previous 1 2

ADVERTISEMENT

©2007 ScooterSales.com.au