Scooter
Community

ILLAWARRA SCOOTER RIDERS MONTHLY RIDE

Last post 05-13-2014 10:53 PM by Lizziecro. 229 replies.
Page 6 of 16 (230 items) « First ... < Previous 4 5 6 7 8 Next > ... Last »
Sort Posts: Previous Next
  • 03-24-2013 10:39 PM In reply to

Re: ILLAWARRA SCOOTER RIDERS - MARCH 2013 MONTHLY RIDE

petegailey:

I hope you all had a good run down to Kangaroo Valley and back to the Gong. Wish to thank Graham and all the crew for letting us join in.....oh and my appologies for my reckless overtake up the pass.

You made my heart stop!!

Good to finally meet you, Pete.  Thanks for the great photos - my first action shots!

To scoot is to live!
    Scarlett the Harlot - 2008 vMoto Milan
    Gracie the Plucky Adventurer - 2005 GTS250ie
    I think I want a Scarabeo 500ie...
  • 03-24-2013 10:45 PM In reply to

• petegailey
    • Top 10 Contributor
    • Joined on 03-03-2008
    • Cleared off, up the Mid Nth Coast
    • Posts 7,090

Family always comes first. Feel free to grab any pics for your face book page. I don't do facebook myself.

Daelim NS 125: Mighty 1st scoot from Korea that punched way above its weight. Sold
    Vespa GTS 250: Modern Retro brilliance. I'll ride it til it dies.Traded in on a maxi.
    Suzuki DR650: "That Thing" Excellent Single 650 thumper chook chaser that was too tall. Sold
    Yamaha T Max: Best Maxi out there and serious canyon racer. Sold
    Triumph Bonneville: Modern Retro brilliance with the sweetest parallel twin.
    BMW F800R: The Naked Hun. Great intro into sports bikes.
    Gilera Runner FXR 180: 2 stroke scooter missile from Piaggio.
    Gilera Nexus 500. Sexy like red Italian stilettos.
    Yamaha RZ250RR: Retro Japanese 2 stroke racer.
  • 03-24-2013 10:49 PM In reply to

• petegailey
    • Top 10 Contributor
    • Joined on 03-03-2008
    • Posts 7,090

Rockabilly Kitty:

petegailey:

I hope you all had a good run down to Kangaroo Valley and back to the Gong. Wish to thank Graham and all the crew for letting us join in.....oh and my appologies for my reckless overtake up the pass.

You made my heart stop!!

Good to finally meet you, Pete.  Thanks for the great photos - my first action shots!

Likewise Andy, sorry your pic was blurred, it must have been the xtra speed those black Vespas pull.

Daelim NS 125: Mighty 1st scoot from Korea that punched way above its weight. Sold
    Vespa GTS 250: Modern Retro brilliance. I'll ride it til it dies.Traded in on a maxi.
    Suzuki DR650: "That Thing" Excellent Single 650 thumper chook chaser that was too tall. Sold
  • 03-28-2013 08:09 AM In reply to

Re: ILLAWARRA SCOOTER RIDERS - MARCH 2013 BONUS EASTER RIDE!!!

Hi!

We're throwing in a bonus Easter ride this month... why? COZ WE CAN!!!!! Ha ha. With due respect to the CWC group.

We'll be riding the 5 Dams around our local, highland area. It's a ride roughly 220 kms from lighthouse back to lighthouse, but you can join in and out where-ever you like. From the lighthouse we'll head up Mount Ousley, Picton Road to our first dam Cordeaux. Then further along, a quick ride on the Hume then to Avon and Nepean Dams, then off to Burragorang where we'll probably have lunch, then off to Cataract Dam, then back to the start. We'll be stopping for photo's at every dam. Bring yourself a packed lunch and drink and a happy attitude.

So tomorrow, Friday 29th March, 2013 we'll leave from Top Deck, Wollongong Lighthouse at 9am. There hasn't been any instructions re meeting at Albion Park, just get yourselves straight to the lighhouse!

In the event of wet weather this event will probably be postponed to a much later date. You can see our Facebook page for any updates.

Hope to see you there! Happy Easter everyone!

https://maps.google.com.au/maps?saddr=Flagstaff+Hill+Park,+Wollongong+NSW&daddr=Cordeaux+Dam,+Avon,+New+South+Wales+to:Nepean+Dam,+Bargo,+New+South+Wales+to:Avon+Dam,+Avon+to:Burragorang+Rd+to:The+Oaks,+New+South+Wales+to:Picton+Rd%2FState+Route+88+to:Appin+Rd%2FState+Route+69+to:Cataract+Dam,+Wilton,+New+South+Wales+to:Woonona+Beach,+New+South+Wales&hl=en&sll=-34.241324,150.67749&sspn=0.325821,0.617294&geocode=FQfE8v0du7D-CCHwr2Zg_LXqDikBkc25_xgTazHwr2Zg_LXqDg%3BFTWb8_0dMEP8CCkvKDNRwQQTazFPpZmhhTRAsA%3BFeUX9P0dpj76CCFYYyhFInrKiSnjF7EDOgcTazFYYyhFInrKiQ%3BFVDc8_0dcG76CCkXFS-T_wYTazECNTEHZkVdNw%3BFTon-P0d2Jr3CA%3BFZkC-P0dWIf5CCnREfl4MlYSazGgPDMWaH0BBQ%3BFSCN9f0d1lX7CA%3BFehm9f0dI879CA%3BFXcm9f0dcxP9CCGiAuZIcTNYsilNXVE2heISazGiAuZIcTNYsg%3BFZDS8_0dvNv-CCmxdVYLDx8TazHiDrrLkmEE8g&oq=Woonona+Beach&mra=ls&t=m&z=10

SCOOTERISTS PLEASE NOTE:

Please be aware that all rides are at your own risk. We suggest that you check your own insurance to see if you are covered for any mishaps. Thanks!

Don't take life too seriously. You'll never get out of it alive.

2011 - Pearly White Kymco Like 125cc
    2012 - Giallo Lime (yellow) Vespa GTS 250ie
    2016 - Shine Red, Aprilia Scarabeo 200ie
  • 03-28-2013 08:50 PM In reply to

• petegailey
    • Top 10 Contributor
    • Joined on 03-03-2008
    • Posts 7,090

Weather permitting I'd be up for that.

• 03-29-2013 06:56 PM In reply to

• petegailey
    • Top 10 Contributor
    • Joined on 03-03-2008
    • Posts 7,090

Had a great ride with the Illawarra Mob again today. Thought it would be a good chance to test out the phatarsedvespa after refitting the flyscreen and airfilter. I'm happy to say the old phatvespa is back, top speed 130, plenty of go up the hills that last week it was labouring on. Dont know if it was the screen, the injector cleaner or the airfilter or that I wasn't chasing Ian's Burger, but the phatarsedvespat handled the run in style. Had an early start to get to the Gong by 9am where I met up with 5 of the Illawarra crew.

Had a quick ride on Lizzies yellow vespa and she was right, there is something amiss with Maggie's front end. Its not the normal garden variety headshake but I couldnt figure the cause. Despite that, its still rideable so we headed off to do the 5 Dams. Lovely autumn weather for riding, these dams are one of Sydneys great secrets, good roads, fantastic picnic facilities and interesting public works architecture. Did Cordeaux, Avon, Nepean, lunch at Bargo pieshop, then Burragorang lookout. I left the other riders after that and headed home via Mulgoa Rd and Penrith. got in with nearly 300ks of great SW Sydney roads under the belt.

Thanks guys for having me along. The Illawarra Scooter Riders are a great group to cut your teeth on if youre interested in trying out group touring, friendly, generous and have a fair few L and P platers on all sorts of scooters and bikes so the ridings not too fast.

• 03-29-2013 07:28 PM In reply to

That ride really seems like it was a whole lot of fun....but a ride that long would be a bit too much for either of my little scooters....and I would end up with a severe case of scooter seat jammed in my bum....[:'(] 

....lets have another drink...
  • 03-29-2013 07:29 PM In reply to

...they both max out at about 80....or so...Hmm

....lets have another drink...
  • 03-30-2013 09:35 PM In reply to

Re: ILLAWARRA SCOOTER RIDERS - 5 Dams ride on good, good, good, Good Friday.

Well, as Pete said we had a really great ride on our Five Dam Ride, on Good Friday. I was inspired by the CWC mob, who did this ride some time ago, and we were not at all disappointed! Wow!!! It was soooo much fun!! We had the best of everything - good, bright and beautiful Autumnal day, gorgeous places to go with stunning scenery, meandering roads, not anywhere as crowded or busy as you'd think for the Easter weekend, and a small group of 6 riders. That would've been the only thing that could've been better - more riders. You have no idea what you missed out on. However!! With 3 keen photographers on hand (50% of the group!), it's not surprising that we amassed over 200 photo's!!!

But firstly a very sincere thanks to Pete for coming down and joining us, and for the photo's which are very much appreciated. And, on a personal note thanks so much for examining Our Maggie, whose diagnosis was not that great. (But that's a whole other thread!).

Once again I apologise for the multiple posts for the photo's but my laptop simply refuses to co-operate and do multiple photo's to a post. 

So we met up at the lighthouse at Wollongong, just Ali, Clare, Paul, Pete G.and me. Leanne, who lives in the highlands was meeting up at Avon Dam.

A glorious Wollongong harbour just alive with the Autumn colour and spangles from the sea!!

• 03-30-2013 09:36 PM In reply to

Pete had ridden down from Sydney via Heathcote and found it a bit chillier than usual!

• 03-30-2013 09:38 PM In reply to

Then Clare and Paul arrived from Gerringong.....

• 03-30-2013 09:40 PM In reply to

And finally Ali on her Suzuki Burgman 650...

• 03-30-2013 09:42 PM In reply to

Lizzie, Clare, Paul and Pete...

• 03-30-2013 09:47 PM In reply to

So we headed up Mount Ousley (my first time, and I found it remarkably OK!), then onto Picton Road (also my first time and also OK), then to our first dam, Cordeaux. Well. They say pictures speak a thousand words - this was just soooo beautiful.....

• 03-30-2013 09:49 PM In reply to

and.....

Page 6 of 16 (230 items) « First ... < Previous 4 5 6 7 8 Next > ... Last »

ADVERTISEMENT

©2007 ScooterSales.com.au