Scooter
Community

Maxi scooter storage

Last post 06-05-2012 03:00 PM by PeterKeith. 6 replies.
Page 1 of 1 (7 items)
Sort Posts: Previous Next
  • 05-30-2012 06:37 PM

Maxi scooter storage

Hi all", I like big Maxi scooters, however they all lack under seat storage except the silverwing 600 Honda of which I owned a while ago. I now have a Gilera Fuoco 500 and the storage under the seat is not as bad as some maxi's. A Givi top box solves these storage problems though. I am pleased with my Fuoco all though it felt a bit strange the first time i rode it into a corner, but that is OK now that I have been riding it for a couple of hours. The Fuoco is quite zippy around town and great on long rides. I am looking forward to tomorrow with the sun shine out and a good day for a ride. I did a lot of research on the scooter before I purchased it and V Belts are fairly good price of $177.00 AU dollars and that is an original Belt. Belts can be purchased at half that price but I would rather use an original product. I like the lock on the scooter that you flick a switch and it locks in the position at around 6 kms per hour. The scooter had $14.00 of fuel put in it today and I have done about 200 kms and it is just on half full according to the fuel gauge.

regards Peter

• 05-31-2012 07:54 AM In reply to

• petegailey
    • Top 10 Contributor
    • Joined on 03-03-2008
    • Cleared off, up the Mid Nth Coast
    • Posts 7,090

Re: Maxi scooter storage

The Fuocco is a serious bit of kit with the ugliest face of all, making it IMO really interesting. Ive ridden the MP3's but yet to ride the Fuocco, With the MP3's as soon as I forgot I was riding a 3 wheeler and started treating it as a 2 wheeler it went really well through the corners. The Fuocco looks like it'd be great on the open road. Post some pics and your impressions as you get to know it. I'd be interested. Congratulations Peter, and welcome to the community.

Daelim NS 125: Mighty 1st scoot from Korea that punched way above its weight. Sold
    Vespa GTS 250: Modern Retro brilliance. I'll ride it til it dies.Traded in on a maxi.
    Suzuki DR650: "That Thing" Excellent Single 650 thumper chook chaser that was too tall. Sold
    Yamaha T Max: Best Maxi out there and serious canyon racer. Sold
    Triumph Bonneville: Modern Retro brilliance with the sweetest parallel twin.
    BMW F800R: The Naked Hun. Great intro into sports bikes.
    Gilera Runner FXR 180: 2 stroke scooter missile from Piaggio.
    Gilera Nexus 500. Sexy like red Italian stilettos.
    Yamaha RZ250RR: Retro Japanese 2 stroke racer.
  • 05-31-2012 08:54 AM In reply to

Totally agree about the belt, I bought a belft from overseas, didn't see the picture of it properly and of course missed that it wasn't OEM. Fuel consumption went up, slipping went up, and I took it out after 8,000k's and put the OEM belt that had done 37,000 back in - at it worked better! - don't worry...i've replaced it with a new one since then ;)

2006 Honda Silverwing 600 - has a big butt!
    Perth, WA
    2011 Suzuki Burgman 650 Exec - has a bigger butt! - and less k's
  • 06-01-2012 10:34 AM In reply to

• vortexau
    • Top 75 Contributor
    • Joined on 10-25-2008
    • Plainland Q, on the Warrego Hwy
    • Posts 462

PeterKeith:

Hi all", I like big Maxi scooters, however they all lack under seat storage except the silverwing 600 Honda of which I owned a while ago. I now have a Gilera Fuoco 500 and the storage under the seat is not as bad as some maxi's. . . . .

This statement of your's . . . . just which are these 'big Maxi's that you describe as "lack(ing) in under seat storage except the silverwing 600 Honda"?

Unfortunately, no. It requires something with a little more kick . . . plutonium!
  • 06-04-2012 07:49 AM In reply to

Hi Marty". I refer to the Yamaha T Max, and the brand new Honda NT 700, and the Gilera GP800 although the Gilera GP800 is not in Australia. There are only a few I refer too. Just let me correct my grammar I meant only a few and in my post I said they all

regards Peter

• 06-05-2012 11:56 AM In reply to

petegailey:
    Ive ridden the MP3's but yet to ride the Fuocco, With the MP3's as soon as I forgot I was riding a 3 wheeler and started treating it as a 2 wheeler it went really well through the corners.

A few years back I rode a borrowed Fuoco 500 for the Snowy Ride. I also have experience on the MP3 250 version. I found both really strange in the steering department. That is total lack of feel or feedback about the surface condition and level of grip. Sort of had the trust it and let the force be with you... Other good things were plenty of grip under brakes even without ABS, also felt planted on loose gravel and resisted wandering like a 2 wheeler would. The Fuoco suffers from the typical big single engine vibes at idle and low revs. Both are fairly heavy with a lot of complicated suspension and steering gear at the front end. Probably expensive to maintain or repair too. The 250 was underpowered and the 500 slower than my Burger 400. For storage the 250 is streets ahead of the 500. I think the current 300 would be better than the 250 version with the extra power. The rear end engine/transmission/rear wheel is similar to other Piaggio machines. They certainly have never taken off - even in Italy. Probably just too expensive in a highly competitive market.

Life without a Tmax is possible, but would almost be useless…
  • 06-05-2012 03:00 PM In reply to

Hi Pete", I owned an FJS Silverwing 600 Honda scooter and I should have kept it and not purchased the Suzuki VL800, but as Tom Hanks said in the Movie Forest Gump "*** Happens", and I agree that the burgman 250 650, and Yamaha Majesty are all better than the Fuoco in the storage department,..however I an happy not to get a sore *** and hips riding the Suzi

regards Peter

Page 1 of 1 (7 items)

ADVERTISEMENT

©2007 ScooterSales.com.au