Scooter
Community

ACT road user service / Stay Upright

Last post 04-01-2013 10:29 AM by MangaGal. 4 replies.
Page 1 of 1 (5 items)
Sort Posts: Previous Next
  • 01-31-2013 12:46 PM

• alexb
    • Not Ranked
    • Joined on 10-18-2012
    • ACT
    • Posts 10

ACT road user service / Stay Upright

Help, need advice!

Did my pre-learner training course with Stay Upright. The little paper certificate of completion states that the certificate is valid for 1 month from the date of completion.

Wasn't able to get to Canberra Connect for a few weeks (it's only open 9-5.30), had issues in transferring licence from interstate to ACT licence, then was called interstate for work, (etc etc) and subsequently it's now been longer than one month since I completed the course.

I've spoken to both the road user service and the stay upright people, and they are both saying there's nothing they can do to help me, and advising the only option is for me to retake the course.  This seems a little extreme, and I am going to have a lot of difficulty finding a spare 8 hours and $250+ bucks to take this course again...   

Has anyone encountered this before? Any thoughts on possible ways ahead?

Still looking...
  • 01-31-2013 06:02 PM In reply to

Re: ACT road user service / Stay Upright

Devil Looks like you will have to do the course again Sad  

• 01-31-2013 10:24 PM In reply to

Yep.

Don't take life too seriously. You'll never get out of it alive.

2011 - Pearly White Kymco Like 125cc
    2012 - Giallo Lime (yellow) Vespa GTS 250ie
    2016 - Shine Red, Aprilia Scarabeo 200ie
  • 02-24-2013 08:51 AM In reply to

I'm not aware of your circumstances, but I would of thought that you would have been so excited about being classified as 'competent' that you would have been running to the shopfront to get your licence.

Most workplaces are understanding that you'll need to run some erruns from time to time.  If you're a contractor, then I know what that's like and it's tuff, but you need/want your licence, so it's pretty important.  Especially if you're forking out $250. Wink

Kymco Xciting 500Ri ( About to sell )
  • 04-01-2013 10:29 AM In reply to

alexb:
    Wasn't able to get to Canberra Connect for a few weeks (it's only open 9-5.30)

I'm pretty sure the Dickson branch opens at 8.15am and they usually have 10 counters open in the morning. I waited about 10 mins tops. 

alexb:
    I am going to have a lot of difficulty finding a spare 8 hours and $250+ bucks to take this course again...  

Can't you just take the test instead of the course? 

I agreed with DaelimMonkey, I would have gone there the very next day to get the licence, I think that's what I did when I passed the test. 

"Akane" SYM VS125
    "Mister Meaner" Beverly 250
    "Neon" Scarabeo 300ie
Page 1 of 1 (5 items)

ADVERTISEMENT

©2007 ScooterSales.com.au