Scooter
Community

Fuel range of the Majesty?

Last post 02-25-2013 11:22 PM by Mick E.. 7 replies.
Page 1 of 1 (8 items)
Sort Posts: Previous Next
  • 02-23-2013 06:31 PM

Fuel range of the Majesty?

Thanks everybody for your help so far. I'm trying to analyse the best scooter for long range travel, with a few kilometres of dirt road to be covered.At the moment, I'm trying to find out what the fuel consumption of the majesty is? From what I can gather, it's a bit thirstier than the 400 Burgman, which seems to be around 28kms per litre. Could someone let me know what the open road fuel consumption of the Majesty is please? I think Vortexau said carrying 5 litres to cover 340 to 350 Kim's with a safety margin, but it's not a clear indication of the majesty's actual fuel consumption.

Thanks.

Mick Evans,

P.S. the dirt road component is only between 7 to 10kms on a local road and farm situation and I'm not to worried about the lack of dirt handling caractoristics of a scooter.care will be taken on it.

• 02-24-2013 08:22 AM In reply to

Re: Fuel range of the Majesty?

Which Majesty??

Take a look here http://www.fuelly.com/motorcycle/yamaha/majesty

Kymco Xciting 500Ri ( About to sell )
  • 02-24-2013 08:59 PM In reply to

I actually thought that there was only one. I was enquiring about the 400.

Thanks for the fuelly website. It gave a general average, but I was looking for  the actual open road figures of 400.

Thanks.

Mick Evans.

• 02-24-2013 09:37 PM In reply to

I actually thought that there was only one. I was enquiring about the 400.

Thanks for the fuelly website. It gave a general average, but I was looking for  the actual open road figures of 400.

Thanks.

Mick Evans.

• 02-25-2013 04:09 PM In reply to

• vortexau
    • Top 75 Contributor
    • Joined on 10-25-2008
    • Plainland Q, on the Warrego Hwy
    • Posts 462

(See post in former thread) Its all about having extra in reserve if one's pushing near range limit, and there's no service stations handy. Granted, the Majesty has a 14lt fuel tank, but when one's on one's LAST litre and there is uncertainty whether a fuel station will be found before that's all used up?

fuel bottles

Optimus 1lt Fuel Bottle

5lt plastic jerrycan

squat 5lt plastic jerrycan  (on slope in forward Majesty storage bay; SIX litres can be cramed into container)

Figures- (Majesty 400 on 13th line down)

52.3/4.5
    Average MPG (US Gallon?) / Litre Per 100Km

Seems that 310km is possible?
    Unfortunately, no. It requires something with a little more kick . . . plutonium!
  • 02-25-2013 09:58 PM In reply to

vortexau:

(See post in former thread) Its all about having extra in reserve if one's pushing near range limit, and there's no service stations handy. Granted, the Majesty has a 14lt fuel tank, but when one's on one's LAST litre and there is uncertainty whether a fuel station will be found before that's all used up?

fuel bottles

Optimus 1lt Fuel Bottle

5lt plastic jerrycan

squat 5lt plastic jerrycan  (on slope in forward Majesty storage bay; SIX litres can be cramed into container)

Figures- (Majesty 400 on 13th line down)

52.3/4.5
    Average MPG (US Gallon?) / Litre Per 100Km
    Seems that 310km is possible?

Any of those shown went fumes to atmosphere? You dont want to carry a bomb under the seat..Kabooooom!! Stick out tongue

Yuminashi Pcx 164cc can of whopass!
    Ex Takegawa Pcx 170cc
    Ex Today 94cc Kitaco
  • 02-25-2013 11:14 PM In reply to

• vortexau
    • Top 75 Contributor
    • Joined on 10-25-2008
    • Plainland Q, on the Warrego Hwy
    • Posts 462

hondatodaydemon:
    Any of those shown went fumes to atmosphere? You dont want to carry a bomb under the seat..Kabooooom!!

Fuel Bombs require vapor+oxygen+spark.

Carbys (and/or Fuel Injectors) mix the components for an ICM, and spark plug (or heated carbon) provide the fuse.

So, how do you rationize making approved fuel storage containers swap over into some sort of bomb?

How to Store Gasoline

"Store gasoline in approved containers and well away from ignition sources and where children can't reach it."

Unless one has gnomes tampering with the caps, and holding lit cigarettes in their tinney little hands residing under ones seat?  I mentioned gnomes because its just so hard to transport children, who smoke, in the under-seat cavity.

"Approved containers will include a label or wording directly on the container that says it meets specifications for portable containers for petroleum products (see close-up photo). Never store gas in unapproved or glass containers. Fill the containers no more than 95 percent full to allow for expansion. And keep the cap tight on the container."

approved container

Approved container

Approved containers have a label that says that the container meets certain specifications.

(Notice- the instructions say to keep container tightly caped . . . not leaking fumes!)

Unfortunately, no. It requires something with a little more kick . . . plutonium!
  • 02-25-2013 11:22 PM In reply to

Thanks for the photos of the fuel bottles. I quite like those 1 litre bottles. i'd much prefer carrying them than the larger plastic can. They open up the options quite a bit.

Cheers.

Mick Evans.

Page 1 of 1 (8 items)

ADVERTISEMENT

©2007 ScooterSales.com.au