Scooter
Community

in
ADVERTISEMENT
Honda

Motobatt

Last post 02-15-2017 07:29 AM by pyrah. 29 replies.
Page 1 of 2 (30 items) 1 2 Next >
Sort Posts: Previous Next
  • 03-03-2013 12:23 PM

Motobatt

Monday morning my Yussa battery died after 6 years living near no motorbike shops had to use Ebay & got one from these guys . Ordered Monday afternoon arrived Friday morning which is good for where i live . Motobatt have good reviews so thought i would give them a go advantage of them for me there posted fully charged and ready to go  . Very happy straight swap press the button and bike fired up $101 including P&P well spent in my book Big Smile 

• 03-03-2013 09:58 PM In reply to

Re: Motobatt

Yeah, I was going to get one of them for my SR but when I went to the shop he had sold it to someone else....forgot that I had wanted it, can't remember what I ended up getting...Hmm

....lets have another drink...
  • 03-04-2013 08:43 AM In reply to

Hi Pryah,

My mechanic says that this battery brand is poor value and from our experience of these batteries in our training and hire fleet, I'm inclined to agree, but my knowledge is not in the same league as my mechanics. So I take his opinion on board.

We stock Roadstar and when when we change a customers battery or our hire & training fleet, we have had absolutely no issues. 

Cheers,

Ilja Pickford

Lets Scooter
    Sydneys No. 1 shop for new scooter riders
    TGB | Daelim | CFMoto | Sachs
    10 West Street | Brookvale NSW 2100
  • 03-04-2013 10:05 AM In reply to

Thank for the input i guess time will tell Big Smile

• 03-15-2013 05:11 PM In reply to

I will be interested in seeing how reliable it is. That said, i hope it serves you well.

I will say though, when it comes to batteries in automotive applications (especially when its your prime staring device), i just buy the best whatever the cost, for peace of mind.

Yuassa's are dear to buy but they are the best,,,,,,(yours lasted 6 years).......and can be relied upon.........

Shayne

I love Asian........................Scooters, particully Honda. 1st Scooter, Nss 250 01,,, 2nd Scooter Nss 250X 07...............
  • 03-16-2013 07:51 PM In reply to

ADVRider thread is positive, these guys can get pretty critical if it didnt live up to the hype.

http://www.advrider.com/forums/showthread.php?t=699747

3rd Gear sells them

http://www.thirdgear.com.au/categories/Batteries/

Slow Down & Enjoy The Ride
    2012 Kawasaki W800
    Go the Retro
    Looking for another BeeWee :)
  • 03-19-2014 09:25 PM In reply to

1 year old now and all good Smile

• 05-27-2014 06:42 PM In reply to

I just got me one of these.... 

From a large Suzuki shop for $71 for the Derbi

Derbi GP1 250i a properly fun scooter. Now totally renewed, rebuilt, run in, run Hard and now sold.
    Its name...The Flamenco Dancer by SOLD

Now on a brilliant Yellow Suzuki SV650 NUDIST crumbs it don't half shift!

Oh

And remember boys and girls,

Stock is BEST!
  • 05-27-2014 09:15 PM In reply to

I have a second Motobatt which i run a old cordless drill from converted with a cord on it .  .Battery left fully charged and unused for over 3 months put charger on it in after 5 minutes showed fully charged again Yes

• 06-15-2014 12:42 AM In reply to

Once I installed tge Motobatt I had to jump start the scoot as there wasnt enough juice in it Angry.

And today the stupid thing ran out if electricity again!

NOT HAPPY JAN!

Derbi GP1 250i a properly fun scooter. Now totally renewed, rebuilt, run in, run Hard and now sold.

Oh

Stock is BEST!
  • 06-15-2014 01:16 AM In reply to

If the alternator is charging ok or machine not pinching amps when turned off then get the battery replaced mines been good

• 06-16-2014 06:07 PM In reply to

Just home from the "large Suzuki" shop and after they tested the motobat they said its stuffed and I now have an SSB AGM battery. Suposed to be more betterererer or something.

Oh

Stock is BEST!
  • 06-16-2014 10:15 PM In reply to

Geeked [8-|] Re: Motobatt

HI Guys

I have one in my sachs and another in my spacy never had any problems

• 06-16-2014 10:27 PM In reply to

lead runner:

Just home from the "large Suzuki" shop and after they tested the motobat they said its stuffed and I now have an SSB AGM battery. Suposed to be more betterererer or something.

Sounds OK keep us posted on here Yes

http://www.ssbpowersport.com.au/products.aspx

• 06-17-2014 08:54 AM In reply to

• GP1er
    • Top 500 Contributor
    • Joined on 11-03-2013
    • Brisbane
    • Posts 46

I've not been out on my bike for yonks.  I occassionally start the bike up to see if it's still alive.  I'm quite impressed with the Ballistic battery that I thought was a risky investment at the time, being over $200.  Not needed the trickle charger or anything.  Yes

Kind regards,

Mick  Smile

GP1 250
    Malossi Lambda Emulator, Malossi Double Red Sponge air filter, after market rear shocks, 11inch short chrome muffler, 8g Dr Pulley variator weights, ballistic 8-cell EVO 2 battery, oil breather from valve cover, & airbox tube blocked off, taller Michelin Power Pure rear tyre 130/70.

I check the SC when possible: please, no pm's or emails :)
Page 1 of 2 (30 items) 1 2 Next >

ADVERTISEMENT

©2007 ScooterSales.com.au