Scooter
Community

PX 200 bit smelly and bit too smokey...

Last post 08-20-2013 08:00 AM by gukuwal. 2 replies.
Page 1 of 1 (3 items)
Sort Posts: Previous Next
  • 08-19-2013 06:15 PM

PX 200 bit smelly and bit too smokey...

Hi all, something that has been bugging me about my otherwise content daily rides on my PX is the smoke factor. Now its white ish, certainly much more in volume when bike is cold ( smokes out the whole backyard), and even one warm and going, although not a big billowing trail it is noticeable when at lights,,,and so is the smell. Now i knoiw two strokes smell abit but this seems bit more than usual and same with smoke factor. Only other odd thing bout bike is when she starts in morning, choke out, back in and then revvs seem to go up for about 30 to 40 seconds before it winds back to idling normally. OK, so,,,,,i know most things point toward clutch side seal but ive smelt / drained gearbox oil and doesnt seem to have petrol smell or through it. dont want to bust into engine to find seals are ok......and im stuck for trying to figure out whatelse it could be,,,,and im only a bit of a keen novice. The motor is stock and has smoked since ive had it, and about a month ago i did the change to a 118 jett, holes in the airfilter and sip muffler. After playing with air fuel mix plug now seems good, bike buzzez around well,,,,,,,but would seem even more smoke......IDEAS????

• 08-20-2013 01:35 AM In reply to

Re: PX 200 bit smelly and bit too smokey...

I would first try a different brand of oil to see if it smokes less

• 08-20-2013 08:00 AM In reply to

Re: PX 200 bit smelly and bit too smokey...

OK i will give that a go. I have been using Castrol TTS racing which i was recommended as low smoke and fully synthetic but maybe i will use a semi synthetic. Im assuming i need to drain oil to put new stuff in????? Thanks.

Page 1 of 1 (3 items)

ADVERTISEMENT

©2007 ScooterSales.com.au