Scooter
Community

'06 Yamaha Cygnus engine rebuild

Last post 09-18-2013 10:28 PM by oldscoot. 1 replies.
Page 1 of 1 (2 items)
Sort Posts: Previous Next
  • 09-18-2013 10:06 AM

• fret
    • Not Ranked
    • Joined on 09-09-2013
    • Posts 1

'06 Yamaha Cygnus engine rebuild

I've got a Cygnus with a pretty bad oil leak between the cylinder block and the crank case. It's only done 26k KM so it's disappointing that it only lasted 6 years before needing a repair of such magnitude. It's been serviced at the right intervals more or less. The only unusual event that could have contributed to the situation is the local teenagers decided to ride it unpowered down the hill and chuck it in the storm water drain back at the start of the year. (Yes now I lock the steering, which has put a stop to that)

Anyway I'm looking for someone in Sydney that can repair that sort of problem for a reasonable price. The first quote I got was $700+. Is there much hope getting that down to something cheaper? I'm sure there must be some cheaper repair shops out west that could fix it for less? The labor rate around the North Shore where I am is $110 / hr, is that a given across the entire city?

It's probably only worth $1000 at best, if it was runing well. (Due to all the damaged panels from the aformentioned vandalism)

Thoughts?

• 09-18-2013 10:28 PM In reply to

Re: '06 Yamaha Cygnus engine rebuild

...did you just used to leave it sitting in your yard?....

....lets have another drink...
Page 1 of 1 (2 items)

ADVERTISEMENT

©2007 ScooterSales.com.au