Scooter
Community

Wiring a battery charger on a TMax 530

Last post 02-03-2014 12:43 PM by Vampire. 0 replies.
Page 1 of 1 (1 items)
Sort Posts: Previous Next
  • 02-03-2014 12:43 PM

Wiring a battery charger on a TMax 530

Step 1:Remove these two screws (4mm allen), then remove shiny black panel by easing upwards - there are three slots on either side.

Step: 2:Remove these four screws (Phillips head) then remove the panel including the drawer giving access to the battery.

Step 3:Here is the battery exposed.

Step 4:Cut a hole in the panel to take whatever adaptor you intend to use; I use theC-Tek Comfort adapter which includes a green, amber, and red light to show the state of the battery charge,

Step5:  If your handiwork is as bad as mine, seal the inside of the fitting.

Step 6:Remove the battery strap and connect the red wire to the positive terminal. Note that I use a bungy cord to prevent the battery strap from falling into the innards.

Step 7:Connect the black wire to the negative terminal. Some say to do it in the reverse sequence, but I can never figure out why as long as you are careful to not short the battery.

Step 8:After tucking the extra wire down the left side of the battery (there is plenty of room), re-assemble the two panels and voila, job done.

I refuse to grow old until I grow up.
    Growing up is for people with nothing better to do with their lives.
Page 1 of 1 (1 items)

ADVERTISEMENT

©2007 ScooterSales.com.au