Scooter
Community

in
ADVERTISEMENT
Honda

sh!t a brick.

Last post 07-30-2014 04:17 PM by bunnybash. 7 replies.
Page 1 of 1 (8 items)
Sort Posts: Previous Next
  • 07-22-2014 10:43 PM

• fluffy
    • Top 150 Contributor
    • Joined on 06-26-2009
    • Earlwood
    • Posts 241

sh!t a brick.

Tonight on my way home, on the M5 exit just past the Sydney Airport tunnel, I ran over a brick. I didn't actually see the brick, but I sure bloody felt it. I just about shat one out as I hit, had a wobble, and exclaimed in my head what the frack was that as I straightened up. 

Nowhere to stop, that overpass dives straight into another tunnel so I just kept going. My arms are still connected. My bum is still dry. My tyres still have air in them. I resurface at the next exit and pull into the servo at Tempe. It was definitely a clink, not a clunk, it sounded like a brick. A quick inspection and there is no apparent damage. 

Very impressed by how the Bev handled that. A lesser machine would have left a smear of me along General Holmes Drive. Now safe on my sofa, in my trackies, a glass of Barossa Shiraz. Be careful out there peeps.

Watch out for bricks.

Brad

Tmax, Naughty Kimmy.
    Mavis the Beverly, a feisty shunter, sold!
  • 07-23-2014 08:40 AM In reply to

Re: sh!t a brick.

A brick is not cool at all! Take another chance to take a careful look over the rims and tyres just in case, make sure there are no dints or small cracks in the rim from it that could cause you issues down the track.  Sounds like you got lucky though!

• 07-23-2014 09:36 AM In reply to

Glad to hear you are OK. Think it was a good thing you are riding a 16" wheeled scoot! Ride safe.

Ride safe.
    _________

Riding: Doc, a 2009 Derbi GP1 250
  • 07-23-2014 06:37 PM In reply to

A friend cartwheeled his Valentino Rossi edition R1 and totally destroyed and broke his sholder running over a concrete brick in the driveway at work. 

Derbi GP1 250i a properly fun scooter. Now totally renewed, rebuilt, run in, run Hard and now sold.
    Its name...The Flamenco Dancer by SOLD

Now on a brilliant Yellow Suzuki SV650 NUDIST crumbs it don't half shift!

Oh

And remember boys and girls,

Stock is BEST!
  • 07-24-2014 08:48 PM In reply to

• fluffy
    • Top 150 Contributor
    • Joined on 06-26-2009
    • Earlwood
    • Posts 241

Interestingly, when a top box is fitted to the Bev you need to increase the FRONT tyre pressure to 250kpa! It is in the instructions in several places and on a sticker, so it is not a mis-translation. I think that could be what saved me- the brick never hit the rim. Probably had its edges a bit rounded too, given it was sitting on the M5.

If I had happened to have been adjusting a vent or scratching my ar5e at the time I would definitely be a skidmark now.

Brad

Tmax, Naughty Kimmy.
    Mavis the Beverly, a feisty shunter, sold!
  • 07-24-2014 09:20 PM In reply to

that's quite a lot.

4 years and 20,000 K's later, I'm still scootering, and you guys are stuck with me!
  • 07-24-2014 09:42 PM In reply to

wombat:

that's quite a lot.

36psi

Idea Find some more bricks and build a new scooter Smile

• 07-30-2014 04:17 PM In reply to

Yeah the Beverley is a very good handling scooter - sad that I am selling my wife's!!  Anyways glad you are ok - I agree a smaller wheeled scooter and you might be toast - or rather spread out like jam on toast!

Piaggio 250 BV type R

Aprilia Scarabeo 250ie
Page 1 of 1 (8 items)

ADVERTISEMENT

©2007 ScooterSales.com.au