Scooter
Community

Automatic or Manual Licence?????

Last post 08-15-2014 08:35 AM by twowheels. 3 replies.
Page 1 of 1 (4 items)
Sort Posts: Previous Next
  • 08-14-2014 08:50 AM

Automatic or Manual Licence?????

A friend of mine has a NSW Gold Full Car Drivers Licence and eventhough he did his rider P1 test in a scooter and his licence says "R P1" under Licence Class, it does not say anywhere that he can only ride an automatic motorcycle.....  Would this be a licence print mistake by RTA, should it specify a Condition "A" somewhere?  How would anyone know that he is only allowed to ride an automatic if it is not specified in the licence?

2013 Got my Ls
    - Honda Forza 300 great scoot, gone to a good home :-(
    - Kawasaki Ninja 300 barely learner legal

2014 Got my Ps
    - Honda CBR125R no soul, but good learner and economic
    - BMW F700GS my go anywhere touring monster, now ready for the big trip around OZ
    - Suzuki DRZ400E How this is learner legal beats the crap out of me ??? excellent trail bike
    - Honda CRF250L very civilised city and trail machine

2015 Wife said no more bikes

2016 Took one year to convince the wife :-)
    - Moto Guzzi California 1400 Custom
  • 08-14-2014 08:06 PM In reply to

Re: Automatic or Manual Licence?????

I found out when I got my P's that the person behind the counter specified the 160cc or less (that is for life unless you did the full MOST and practical test and you're restricted to LAMS only) so I think the person behind the counter can select whatever they want. The auto bit will be printed on the back if it is applied.

• 08-14-2014 09:58 PM In reply to

This old post may help or not click

• 08-15-2014 08:35 AM In reply to

SmellyTofu:

I found out when I got my P's that the person behind the counter specified the 160cc or less (that is for life unless you did the full MOST and practical test and you're restricted to LAMS only) so I think the person behind the counter can select whatever they want. The auto bit will be printed on the back if it is applied.

Auto bits are not shown on the back or the front, so I am guessing he could probably ride auto or manual?????

2013 Got my Ls
    - Honda Forza 300 great scoot, gone to a good home :-(
    - Kawasaki Ninja 300 barely learner legal

2014 Got my Ps
    - Honda CBR125R no soul, but good learner and economic
    - BMW F700GS my go anywhere touring monster, now ready for the big trip around OZ
    - Suzuki DRZ400E How this is learner legal beats the crap out of me ??? excellent trail bike
    - Honda CRF250L very civilised city and trail machine

2015 Wife said no more bikes

2016 Took one year to convince the wife :-)
    - Moto Guzzi California 1400 Custom
Page 1 of 1 (4 items)

ADVERTISEMENT

©2007 ScooterSales.com.au