Scooter
Community

National Scooter Rally

Last post 11-04-2014 08:51 AM by SharonVespaGirl. 8 replies.
Page 1 of 1 (9 items)
Sort Posts: Previous Next
  • 08-22-2014 09:50 AM

National Scooter Rally

Hi folks. Has anyone heard anything yet about the 2015 Rally?? Where and when???

Carpe Diem
  • 08-22-2014 07:06 PM In reply to

Re: National Scooter Rally

http://nationalscooterrally.org.au/

• 08-22-2014 07:27 PM In reply to

Thanks Pyrah, I am aware of that website but it doesn't have any info yet, I was hoping that someone knew something. Incidentally my wife and I have just come back from a trip around Oz (by car) and came around the Eyre Peninsular, and then up to Quorn and Wilmington. What a great part of the country you live in. I am hoping the rally will be in Adelaide so that I can do that trip again on my Ingrid. Cheers.

Carpe Diem
  • 08-23-2014 11:24 AM In reply to

Yes cmon guys where is it to be Adelaide South Australia or the sunshine state of Queensland

riding for fun
  • 09-13-2014 10:11 AM In reply to

So whats happening --Has anyone put up their hand for the 2015 National

riding for fun
  • 09-15-2014 06:07 PM In reply to

Hello folks, good to see there's still a bit of interest in the rally.

At this stage, we have the following possible scenarios

Firstly, here's a hypothetical:

If we were to have a 2015 rally based at Crows Nest, Qld., how many scooterists from outside of Brisbane would be keen on attending? Crow's Nest is about 180kms due west of Brisbane, by road. I'm pretty sure we'd get a good turnout from Brisbanites, but what about the rest of the country?
    I have someone who has planned the base location and some rideouts, but doesn't have the time to do the rest of the stuff - sponsorship, patches etc., so either I would have to do that or rope someone else in to do it. Efforts in that regard have failed so far, and it's getting towards the end of the year already.

If this doesn't go ahead, the next rally will be in 2016. It is South Australia's turn to be the location, so I'm happy to put that together myself and rope in a few SA scooterists to give me a hand. The location will be chosen based on how easy it will be for interstate scooterists to get there, and what rides and other activities we can do in that location.

In both cases, the rally would be in the first half of the year.

What do people think?

organiser Hobart Motor Scooter Club

Cool gear and Vespa seat covers at cosmicbreed.com

For info on the National Scooter Rallies open to all riders, go to National Scooter Rally

Remember, don't spend all your time posting on scooter forums - get out there and ride your scooter...
  • 09-16-2014 07:22 AM In reply to

Hi Sharon,  If the Rally is in Crow's Nest, I will be there. I was hoping to do a 4 or 5 day ride up the New England and back home to Newcastle later this year or early next year, so that fits in and suits me perfectly.  Adelaide in 2016 even better, bring it on.

Carpe Diem
  • 09-16-2014 09:51 AM In reply to

Thanks for that, Major. We'll see who else is in.

By the way, it won't be Adelaide where we have the 2016 rally. It will be in a country town somewhere in SA. Much more fun than riding through the suburbs.

For info on the National Scooter Rallies open to all riders, go to National Scooter Rally

Remember, don't spend all your time posting on scooter forums - get out there and ride your scooter...
  • 11-04-2014 08:51 AM In reply to

Help needed - possible NSR 2015 in the Sydney area!

OK folks, there was little response to the idea of the 2015 NSR at Crow's Nest.

However, there is now another possibility on the table. I have someone who is interested in setting up a rally south of Sydney. I know Scooter Community has lots of people based in Sydney - are any of you willing to step up and help?

Please email me at sharonvespagirl@bigpond.com if you want to help organise the rally. Probably looking at sometime in February 2015. I can assist with finding sponsors etc. for awards, but people who are willing to help organise the actual events and locations to be used are very much needed!

Page 1 of 1 (9 items)

ADVERTISEMENT

©2007 ScooterSales.com.au