Scooter
Community

NEW Fly 150 3v or Honda PCX 150

Last post 09-07-2016 09:56 PM by Storm69. 18 replies.
Page 1 of 2 (19 items) 1 2 Next >
Sort Posts: Previous Next
  • 04-29-2016 08:49 PM

NEW Fly 150 3v or Honda PCX 150

Am thinking to buy second bike to use for fun and weekend getaway! So my partner can use my other bike.

I cant make up my mind which one it suit me for long term to use..  

I prefer to take test ride but at stores they rarely dont let us to test ride  do they??? 

Am from Melbourne...

Help me out which bike to use   Honda PCX or FLY 3v  ?

Look forward to hear from you all... Geeked

• 04-29-2016 10:10 PM In reply to

Re: NEW Fly 150 3v or Honda PCX 150

Around here the PCX is about $400 to $600 dollars more than the FLY think service times are 6,000km FLY 4,000km PCX . Saying that would buy the PCX as think a class above scooter and Honda dealers everywhere . USA reviews here FLY & PCX

• 04-30-2016 08:50 AM In reply to

Things I prefer about the Fly.

1. Flat floor.

2. High headlight attached to handlebar, not front panel

Personal predjudices, Pyrah's points are good, interested to hear how U go

Aprilia 200ie
  • 04-30-2016 10:26 PM In reply to

The only thing I like about the Fly is the flat floor. And yes, the PCX has shorter service intervals. But the PCX is a class act that continues to receive universal favourable reviews. Sitting on them both will offer some feedback to riding style. For me it is the PCX, and this would be definetly so for a hobby scooter = pride of ownership.

• 05-01-2016 07:41 PM In reply to

If you like the modern looking scooters it's got to be the pcx, and being a Honda you know your always going to get from A to B. 

• 08-10-2016 08:53 PM In reply to

Hello all scooter riders !!!! ,

Just let you know that I already have test ride on Fly and PCX from last Monday afternoon at Peter Stevens Motorcycles shop at city (Melbourne).

It was good fun to ride those brand new bikes I like and need to feel like two become one...  !

Fly 150 3v - was so good and smooth... enjoyed the ride but sadly flat floor I had problem to putting my feet in  it is way too small for me.. I guess I got a big feet same for my legs as well... so It was a great bike to ride ...  I can see why it is so popular and great price to buy//  Sadly it is not for me.. Sad

Then PCX 150   wow... feel so different to ride  cos skinny, zippy and longer leg space for me... so nice power and feel funny no windscreen cover but that is ok cos it is more fun to feel the wind...  so  finished the ride... I couldnt stop smiling.... Big Smile I guess it is good to use this bike for weekend outing and get around...

Told the sale person that I need time to think and rewind back what I have ridden... so I pick PCX , why  cos it is different and it have iding stop and start..  nice shape!! 

So bought PCX 150 straight away and will be picked up by this Friday 12th Aug with top box and heated grips as well (bloody cold at Melbourne)  that I have order... !!!

Feeling nervous and exciting.... that now I am owner of PCX 150 (pearl white) soon on this Friday. So this bike will be my hobby to do up and fun with it.

So when it is done and I went for a small walk to help me to calm down and went back to my beloved SYM Max 400i - it was very cold afternoon.. so I used heated grips on (very happy to keep my hands warm with my gloves on and went to ride home.... this bike I rode make me think twice.. I bloody love this bike ! Heh So now I am proud owner of two bikes.... and my partner will ride with me for the weekend outing or ride to work sometimes depend on weather... 

By the way , I do miss my former bike BURGMAN 400 (2009)  it was a great bike.. been to Sydney and back.. sadly it is written off.. but I am happy with SYM MAX anyway it is little upper bike .. heh!

Anyway thank you for reading this...

• 08-10-2016 08:54 PM In reply to

Opps thanks guys and gals for giving me tips and good advice as well.. ta!  you all have helped me to think and make a plan to get a bike... 

• 08-10-2016 09:20 PM In reply to

PCX150 Big Smile Enjoy Yes

• 08-11-2016 01:45 AM In reply to

Congratulations I've read alot about pcx should be a fun second Bike 

• 08-11-2016 12:04 PM In reply to

One of our lady members is selling her as new (800klm ) Honda 150 because she has severe back problems --ivory white Immaculate and price ????????

riding for fun
  • 08-11-2016 06:50 PM In reply to

Aw sorry to know about your lady member had to sell the bike...  

So the bike i bought was rideaway for 4,990.00 nothing else but extra for top box and heated grips! 

So it is up to lady who want to sell the bike ....  quick sell 4,000 or less    normal sell for 4500 onward. Shame I miss out... but that is ok! 

ok that is all  i can say for now ..

Rod Fountain:

One of our lady members is selling her as new (800klm ) Honda 150 because she has severe back problems --ivory white Immaculate and price ????????

• 08-12-2016 10:07 PM In reply to

Nice in white ... a sound decision to go with the Honda. I feel the gap will widen between these two scooters with many ks on their respective clocks. The Honda should continue to confirm your choice.

• 08-13-2016 02:38 PM In reply to

• fluffy
    • Top 150 Contributor
    • Joined on 06-26-2009
    • Earlwood
    • Posts 241

I saw loads of pcx and only a few flys in both Vietnam and Cambodia. So the pcx is obviously robust, i even saw one with a sticker saying "family vehicle"!

Brad

Tmax, Naughty Kimmy.
    Mavis the Beverly, a feisty shunter, sold!
  • 08-13-2016 02:51 PM In reply to

I don't know alot about the fly except it was the best selling Scooter for afew years in a row . But I don't think you can go wrong with any Honda.
  • 08-13-2016 03:45 PM In reply to

jpfvita:

I don't know alot about the fly except it was the best selling Scooter for afew years in a row . But I don't think you can go wrong with any Honda.

Yep still is for the first 6 months of this year FLY sold 176 units PCX sold 150 units & both trounced by the humble CB125E on 406 units

Jill Maden on the CB125E started on a Posti-bike then switched to the CB on her ride around Australia in the book Slow Ride also available on kindle 

Page 1 of 2 (19 items) 1 2 Next >

ADVERTISEMENT

©2007 ScooterSales.com.au