Scooter
Community

Akarapovic exhaust

Last post 12-23-2016 12:12 PM by Mike Holland. 3 replies.
Page 1 of 1 (4 items)
Sort Posts: Previous Next
  • 06-29-2016 03:35 PM

Akarapovic exhaust

Hi all hope your rides are safe and warm. I am very interested in replacing stock exhaust with akrapovic question (ftom a novice) is it literally as simple bolting on, nothing else required? Many thanks in advance 😎

• 06-29-2016 05:02 PM In reply to

Re: Akarapovic exhaust

Yep there slip on models should be a straight swap

Si β€˜Thi’ later
  • 12-13-2016 09:21 PM In reply to

You won't get any real extra performance out of a slip on.

Some nice noise and a reduction in weight from the stock anchor is probably the sum of the gains. 

• 12-23-2016 12:12 PM In reply to

If you are unlucky you might have to loosen the exhaust manifold where it bolts on to the cylinder and adjust its position, to get everything to line up right without any stress anywhere. A bit of a bugger to get to those nuts.

No stress is very important for handling the vibrations, otherwise cracks will develop.

And I am certain my scooter is nippier with the Akra, especially with the catalyser removed  -  but then it gets too noisy. All the German tuning experts fit Akras or Remus exhausts. They test their mods on dynos, and none of them use the strandard exhaust. But on the other hand, they have a lot of mods to the engine, airfilter, etc to go with the easier flow exhaust. I have a modified airfilter and modified injector fuelling on my GTS300. 

Mike

Page 1 of 1 (4 items)

ADVERTISEMENT

©2007 ScooterSales.com.au