Scooter
Community

Ride Report 16th July

Last post 07-17-2016 12:57 PM by Rod Fountain. 0 replies.
Page 1 of 1 (1 items)
Sort Posts: Previous Next
  • 07-17-2016 12:57 PM

Ride Report 16th July

It was chilly and overcast as 5 of us rode out from Hungrys West Gosford

We somehow got split up but soon regrouped when we reached Wisemans Ferry Rd at Somersby

Onwards with open roads we rode with our new coordinator taking the lead

It was so much more relaxing being back in the group as you know that you have the chance to take evasive action if anything happens up front

I stopped to buy oranges at a roadside stall and caught up with the others at the Corrugated Café at Peats Ridge

Peter B rode in on his Fuoca 3 wheel scooter with his dog in a box on the back --He calls his scooter his farm bike

Graham also joined us having ridden down from Caves Beach near Newcastle

Soon cups of coffee ,food and chatter were the order of the day ,with plenty of discussion about our new coordinators new role ,ideas for rides etc

The weather appeared to be deteriorating but not a drop of rain as we progressed towards Calga and the SERPENT (OPH )

Negotiating the many bends and curves we came upon a rider lying prostate at the side of the road with his bike jammed under the guard rail

It was  about 500 metres south of the Mooney Creek bridge and 'a couple of bikers were watching over him and helped pull his bike out from under the rail .l

It was obvious the rider had lost control on the curve and the guard raid had stopped him from being projected into the gully and dense bush below

I could not say how injured the rider was but in the half hour I was there he hardly moved and his trouser leg was torn at the knee and there was some blood on his face

I tried to slow traffic coming round the bend to stop further incidents but some drivers just don't get it.

I passed the ambulance as I left and hopefully the young guy will be OK 

Most riders and drivers do not comprehend how dangerous the Serpent can be --It was once the most dangerous road in Australia

Anyone speeding or playing funny buggers on the Serpent is just asking for trouble

Well that ended another uneventful ride in our clubs 9 year history and I look forward to the next one at the end of the month.       

riding for fun
Page 1 of 1 (1 items)

ADVERTISEMENT

©2007 ScooterSales.com.au