Scooter
Community

Scooter Community 9 years old

Last post 08-30-2017 02:44 PM by pyrah. 20 replies.
Page 1 of 2 (21 items) 1 2 Next >
Sort Posts: Previous Next
  • 09-06-2016 09:16 PM

Scooter Community 9 years old

Hard to believe it's been going for 9 years allen started it on 19-7-2007 and the first member to join was tiptopweb who joined 20-8-2007 and is still visiting . Certainly been a few members been and gone in that time with some very memorable and even controversial ones . In the 9 years there has been a big rise and fall in scooter sales lets hope the manufactures can make them more desirable again . The interest has changed a lot not so much about commuting maintenance and 50cc tuning now more on leisure activities will the site survive another 9 years ?

Bolwell & BUG where some of the names they branded them  in 2007  

Image result for 2007 bolwell scooterImage result for 2007 bug scooter

Si ‘Thi’ later
  • 09-07-2016 12:56 AM In reply to

Re: Scooter Community 9 years old

Yes many great things have been born on the 19th of July, 

And alan who ?? 

• 09-07-2016 12:14 PM In reply to

jpfvita:

Yes many great things have been born on the 19th of July, 

And alan who ?? 

ALLEN DRYSDALE

Si ‘Thi’ later
  • 09-07-2016 04:29 PM In reply to

Well, Allen has not been seen or heard in a while... who is actually running this site? Is anyone?

We haven't heard much from Pete Gailey in a while either, have we? ...

• 09-07-2016 05:10 PM In reply to

Think Scooterpete is now a moderator as he posts in the what's new blog Allen last posted on the 1-6-15 and one visit since then on the 25-2-16 . Petegailey seems to visit every couple  of weeks or so last visit on the 26-8-16 and posted on the 11-8-16

Si ‘Thi’ later
  • 09-07-2016 09:48 PM In reply to

..... anyhow, it is an enjoyable and informative site with many thanks going to those who keep it resuscitated. I do miss the reviews, though.

• 09-07-2016 09:51 PM In reply to

Scooterpete keeps the news comeing in and does a good job, 

And like pyrah said Pete G,  doesn't post very often anymore and sadly even eccles has dropped off quite abit lately. Hopefully he,s just busy and will be back soon. 

• 09-07-2016 10:54 PM In reply to

Wink Yep when i was on bigpond with 8GB of data a month i use to think there taking all my allowance with all them pictures . Now i'm on Sky Muster and got plenty of GBs no bugger is posting pictures Stick out tongue

Image result for satellite cartoon

Si ‘Thi’ later
  • 09-08-2016 11:22 AM In reply to

I always thought that Scooter Community was structured more than 9 years ago because it is exactly 9 years ago (also in July ) that the Central Coast Scooter Club was formed

Like Scooter Community we just keep on hanging on in there and its not because of a lack of scooters on the Central Coast --Shame that so many clubs have dissapeared

riding for fun
  • 07-31-2017 09:34 PM In reply to

Re: Scooter Community 9 years old NOW 10

1 more year old and more friends fallen by the wayside Sad

Si ‘Thi’ later
  • 08-02-2017 09:21 AM In reply to

Yes, we're not doing well, are we? There were no posts on this forum for 6 days... it's definitely on life support now. I still check now and then but honestly, there isn't that much to talk about in the scooter world these days, at least not in Australia - it's no accident that the most active thread here for a while has to do with motorcycles.

But hey - the electric Vespa should be just around the corner! Remember at the show last year they promised it would go into production in second part of 2017.

• 08-02-2017 05:33 PM In reply to

Congratulations Scooter Community. For those with the inclination, this is, has been a great site. I still enjoy trawling through past content, which has been informative, colourful and entertaining. I miss the ongoing reviews. The Sydney Motorcycle - & scooter Show at the new convention centre Darling Harbour later this year should give some indication by importers if they believe that scooter sales can be resuscitated.

Thank you to those folk who keep the home fire burning.

• 08-02-2017 06:04 PM In reply to

aspro boy:

Congratulations Scooter Community. For those with the inclination, this is, has been a great site. I still enjoy trawling through past content, which has been informative, colourful and entertaining. I miss the ongoing reviews. The Sydney Motorcycle - & scooter Show at the new convention centre Darling Harbour later this year should give some indication by importers if they believe that scooter sales can be resuscitated.

Thank you to those folk who keep the home fire burning.

Looks like the GTS i-GET 150 ABS will be with us soon http://scootercommunity.com.au/blogs/scootersalescomau_news/archive/2017/08/01/the-new-vespa-gts-range.aspx

Si ‘Thi’ later
  • 08-22-2017 01:44 PM In reply to

Well, the role of forums in general has been mostly taken over by Facebook. I used to be on quite a few forums like this one, plus Yahoo Groups. Now it's really just FB for me now, except when I have a look on here every few months or so.

Happy riding everybody! Big Smile

organiser Hobart Motor Scooter Club

Cool gear and Vespa seat covers at cosmicbreed.com

For info on the National Scooter Rallies open to all riders, go to National Scooter Rally

Remember, don't spend all your time posting on scooter forums - get out there and ride your scooter...
  • 08-22-2017 02:12 PM In reply to

SharonVespaGirl:

Well, the role of forums in general has been mostly taken over by Facebook.

Well, I will never be on Facebook and if it means I end up talking to my cat exclusively, so be it. We have great conversations :)

Page 1 of 2 (21 items) 1 2 Next >

ADVERTISEMENT

©2007 ScooterSales.com.au