Scooter
Community

Last Ride 2016--Riders choice

Last post 12-29-2016 04:25 PM by Rod Fountain. 0 replies.
Page 1 of 1 (1 items)
Sort Posts: Previous Next
  • 12-29-2016 04:25 PM

Last Ride 2016--Riders choice

Sure was Riders choice for possibly the shortest ride this year 2016.

As I was getting dressed my wife said "you are too old to go riding in this heat ' and you know what my response was

When I arrived at Hungrys ,Peters scooter was already parked but no sign of him sitting outside where we normally sit

On entering there he was tucking into a burger etc and I went over and placed my order

Rudi arrived and promptly took off his jacket and it was pleasant in the air conditioned atmosphere

We sat and talked and had our burgers and drinks when I noticed it was now 1.15pm

Riders choice -- lets give it a miss its too darn hot

The temperature gauge on the dash of my Burgman showed 49cdeg in the sun and the seat was nearly too hot to sit on

So we departed --all in different directions and I went about 4-5 klms before the temp reading had reduced to 40c

Another 3-4 klms at home the reading was still 37Cdeg

Short and brief ,not much traffic out and glad to be back in the air conditioned comfort of home

4pm and with a slight breeze its still 35Cdeg so ill leave my swim until about 5pm betting the pool is about 30Cdeg

Well that is 2016 --a year of plenty of things to talk about and ponder what will 2017 bring

central Coast Motorcycles have stated they will support the cost of our clubs website for another year --Many Thanks Phil

I am still looking for someone to take control -and I don't mind being rushed with nominations

Happy New Year to all our members and all Scooter Riders across the globe

Lets keep the good times rolling   

riding for fun
Page 1 of 1 (1 items)

ADVERTISEMENT

©2007 ScooterSales.com.au