Scooter
Community

2017 --Our 1st Ride

Last post 01-08-2017 10:27 AM by Rod Fountain. 0 replies.
Page 1 of 1 (1 items)
Sort Posts: Previous Next
  • 01-08-2017 10:27 AM

2017 --Our 1st Ride

There were 6 of us at Hungrys West Gosford including Nelson from Morisset  on his brand new BeeWee 125cc

We set off through the traffic of West Gosford and swung over to the old road (glenrock pde )for our travel south along the foreshore of Brisbane Water

We stopped briefly to allow Pita a chance to hunt out his buddy Dave and then rode on over the railway crossing into Woy then Blackwall past Spike Milligans family home ,then under the via duct into Booker bay Ettalong and along the seashore esplanade into Umina

From here the traffic thinned and we slimbed up onto Mt Ettalong with views over Pearl Beach and Lion Island and with evidence of bushfire on our left side made our way to Patonga

The weather was just perfect with cooling gusts of wind coming in from the oicean

Patonga was packed as though it had just been discovered by every lost soul from down south

We rode in and through the camping area which was pumping and finally parked outside the Patonga Hotel which sits opposite the smallish beach and ferry wharf

The beer garden was packed to overflowing

I had seen the hotel was for sale and one of their staff confirmed that no sale had occurred to date at a price around $12 mill

There was our friend Pete and his Harley riding mate Dave perched on 2 stools on the footpath .

The taste of a beer was like mothers milk to my dry throat.and the others soon  gathered more stools as we sat and chatted about all those silly things we have in the back of our memories

Drinks gone and so were we as we all headed back towards Gosford

A very pleasant ride ,not too long 71klms for me and a perfect day to do it on

Im sure Nelson got back to Morisset OK and we wave farewell to Chris and Criss as they ship their scooters off to the land of" the long white cloud" for a couple of weeks riding the North and South islands

Hoping you both have a safe and very happy holiday and come back with plenty of stories  

riding for fun
Page 1 of 1 (1 items)

ADVERTISEMENT

©2007 ScooterSales.com.au