Scooter
Community

in
ADVERTISEMENT
Vespa

temperatures

Last post 02-12-2017 01:46 PM by ferrix. 18 replies.
Page 1 of 2 (19 items) 1 2 Next >
Sort Posts: Previous Next
  • 01-14-2017 04:15 PM

temperatures

With the change over to decimals ,it has always been a problem for me to relate celcius temperatuires to the old fahrenheit

I now know that 32deg celcius equals 90 deg fahrenheit and that 38c equals 100

It is currently 36c on our back deck in the shade and thats hot enough not to ride

riding for fun
  • 01-14-2017 04:29 PM In reply to

Re: temperatures

Hoping to try out a Hyperkewl vest under the mesh jacket in a couple of weeks time Cool

Image result for hyperkewl vest

Si ‘Thi’ later
  • 01-14-2017 05:56 PM In reply to

I have this sneaking suspicion a wet t-shirt would work just as well for a lot less money... let us know how it goes!

• 01-14-2017 06:24 PM In reply to

• INMA
    • Top 50 Contributor
    • Joined on 03-19-2009
    • Posts 830

http://www.ebay.com.au/itm/Allegro-Industries-Cooling-Vest-with-Full-Set-Of-Phase-Change-Gel-Inserts-/182417771550?var=&hash=item2a78f24c1e:m:m0SO2fcZDDO23TS3POdZwMg

2001 Yamaha Zuma, DR Evo 68 cylinder, Leo Vince TT derestricted, Delorto 17.5 (#98 jet), standard aircleaner, RMS fan, Race CDI, Standard oiler and premix @ 75:1 Shell SX2, Doppler SR3 variator, RMS clutch, RMS R rear shock absorber and Pirelli SL26 tyres.
  • 01-14-2017 06:58 PM In reply to

ferrix:

I have this sneaking suspicion a wet t-shirt would work just as well for a lot less money... let us know how it goes!

Hopefully you don't get as wet as with a wet tee shirt and will last a bit longer but time will tell Smile

Si ‘Thi’ later
  • 01-15-2017 09:55 AM In reply to

If you ever come off then instead of blood all over the road there will be a big puddle of water

Secret --dont come off

riding for fun
  • 01-15-2017 09:58 AM In reply to

Had a swim in our pool yesterday at 5pm  Water temp was 32c or 90 deg fahrenheit

--Now thats more like a  spa

riding for fun
  • 01-15-2017 02:12 PM In reply to

... 32 degrees, that's amazing. Are you saying that it was heated by the sun?

When I undertook a road trip to Cooktown, some years back, part of the mix was an attempt to swim a good distance at every 50 metre pool along the way. And there were many. Some set in wonderful picturesque surroundings. The thing was that all the pools are set at 27 degrees, which amazed me. Even pools as far north as Cairns. North Queenslanders told me they struggle with water temperatures lower than that, having been conditioned.

The sea temperature rarely gets above 23 degrees off the Sydney coast, even at peak season, and gets comfortable, for distance, from about 21 degrees.

32C !!!

• 01-15-2017 02:45 PM In reply to

Yes inground concrete pool approx 6.5 mx 4.5m with depths of 1m to 2 m and yes the thermometer in the water read 32deg c Its the hottest I have ever known it to be and that is with the sun and virtually no wind only

I have swum in ocean lagoon waters in Fiji that were warmer and it was not enjoyable and the only refreshing part was standing up in the breeze which cooled you off

riding for fun
  • 01-15-2017 04:30 PM In reply to

A Fountain in a backyard pool? That's cool.

Carpe Diem
  • 01-15-2017 04:37 PM In reply to

MajorBumsore:

A Fountain in a backyard pool? That's cool.

Big SmileYes

Edit

In Kellerberrin WA now 4pm phone says 41 car outside temp 46 that dropped when moving to a nice cool 45 or 113 in old money and no pool Hmm

Si ‘Thi’ later
  • 01-16-2017 11:33 AM In reply to

Checked it 24 hrs later when daytime temps had dropped considerably with cloud etc and Temp was still 30Cdeg  or about 86

riding for fun
  • 02-11-2017 06:13 PM In reply to

pyrah:

Hoping to try out a Hyperkewl vest under the mesh jacket in a couple of weeks time Cool

Image result for hyperkewl vest

For some reason I just remembered this post :)

So, how did the vest work out for you?

• 02-11-2017 08:28 PM In reply to

Yep tried it6538 HYPERKEWL™ EVAPORATIVE COOLING VESTS - TRAFFIC SAFETY VEST (S/M) out the other day in + 40 degrees 10% humidity and keeped me cool good for my $17 50 . Soaked for around 3 minutes then rolled up to expel excess water . Used it for around 1 hour guess would have lasted another hour before needing soaking again . After getting home tee shirt was damp at the front and wet at the back also top of trousers wet . So for going on a ride works well but it going somewhere like shops or work then you are going to be damp/wet for a while . Maybe next time will ring out more to see if it cuts down on the dripping and wetness at the expense of drying out sooner

Si ‘Thi’ later
  • 02-12-2017 10:21 AM In reply to

People would think you have peed yourself -- I can think of no answer except to stay inside in an air conditioned environment

riding for fun
Page 1 of 2 (19 items) 1 2 Next >

ADVERTISEMENT

©2007 ScooterSales.com.au