Scooter
Community

in
ADVERTISEMENT
Aprilia

Goodbye PX

Last post 02-17-2017 06:22 AM by jpfvita. 9 replies.
Page 1 of 1 (10 items)
Sort Posts: Previous Next
  • 02-13-2017 09:50 PM

Goodbye PX

Found on ace scooter web page while looking for valentin ride report (ride was cancelled severe bad weather )

Vespa PX – Is it the end of it?

Euro 4 & ABS requirements in 2017 catch up with the PX and the GTS250

Incoming Euro 4 emission laws and ABS requirements in the European market seem to have sadly driven the final nail into the coffin for the most iconic of all Vespa, the PX. After 40 years of history, the PX is being phased out by the end of the year and whatever stock is left in Australia will be the last ones available.

Dale_McMillan_01

Vespa Australia has a few red models left at the moment, all other colours are sold out. Get in touch with us asap if you are thinking of buying a PX. We also have a black ex demonstrator available still and one 70th Anniversary model. This at the time of writing…

Most of us know the PX200 was already once proclaimed dead in 2007 but then after massive protests from the Vespa community revived [...]

Si ‘Thi’ later
  • 02-13-2017 11:21 PM In reply to

Re: Goodbye PX

I don't know why this sounds silly

But I'm sure one of you will tell me

Why can't they just make a new model PX. ?

• 02-14-2017 08:29 AM In reply to

Would be a 4 stroke like some LMLs best to put to sleep 😴 

Si ‘Thi’ later
  • 02-14-2017 09:21 AM In reply to

Euro 4 Engine Emissions regulations require much less pollution out the tailpipe than the 2 Stroke PX engine can get down to. Also, it requires On Board Diagnostic computers, so that's essentially the end of Carbies.

Also, Europe are legislating that ALL motorcycles come out new with ABS.

4 years and 20,000 K's later, I'm still scootering, and you guys are stuck with me!
  • 02-14-2017 11:04 AM In reply to

Oh well. I never understood the love people have for 2-strokes. Whatever gene is responsible for that, it's clear that it's absent from my makeup.

Also, I rode LML once. It was by far the worst scooter I ever rode, cured me of any retro fantasies once and for all...

• 02-14-2017 02:26 PM In reply to

I always loved the simplicity of the two-strokes. No matter what happened, you could nearly always do a roadside repair and get home. I have ridden home with a broken gear cable, no throttle cable, no clutch, no problem.

I have just spent five days installing a Malossi cylinder and head in my GTS300. On a two-stroke PX it would have taken one hour! 

Once when I seized my scooter rock solid, I stripped the head off at the side of the road, bashed the piston loose with a rock, put it together and rode home.

In forty years of riding two-strokes, I got stuck three times  -  once when the rear axle broke, once when the crankshaft broke, and once when the clutch started slipping and failed completely.

With modern scooters, your only resort is the mobile phone.

I would love to own a Vespa GS150 with a kitted PX engine. My pipe dream!

• 02-14-2017 03:46 PM In reply to

Mike -- there are a lot of things in this so called modern world that are less appealing than things in the past

I always loved those red double decker buses  -the 12in vinyl LP records (which i still have about 100 )roads without speed cameras and people that did things on their own ,said it as it was and didnt rely on government handouts

I plus many call it the good old days and the smell of petrol was like a good after shave for my mates and i

I remember our local garage where we all said the mechanic could fix anything with some No 10 fencing wire and a hammer

I dont think that I will be around long enough to see the whole world go down the gurgle  but it is sure heading that way as fast as it can and no one seems to give a stuff

Memories of walking through Paris ,London Rome and New York are still fond thoughts but i wouldnt dare do it today

Will they transport scooters to Mars when they populate that planet or will some green or religous sect say they

will polute or destroy that environment

riding for fun
  • 02-14-2017 05:31 PM In reply to

Is this person Martian Rod ? answers to me on the back of a $50 note please Big Smile

Image result for martian spaceman on vespa scooter

Si ‘Thi’ later
  • 02-15-2017 01:06 PM In reply to

Hmm, I recall that there were some very nice....and quick..Gilera 2 strokes around a while back.Someone here will know.

That could be a fun n' fast way to keep the 2 stroke dream alive

Aprilia 200ie
  • 02-17-2017 06:22 AM In reply to

If you squint it kind of looks like a vespa but you dont even have to do that to say it looks like a spacy .

Page 1 of 1 (10 items)

ADVERTISEMENT

©2007 ScooterSales.com.au