Scooter
Community

Hello 2017 Honda SH 150i

Last post 03-31-2017 09:29 PM by aspro boy. 97 replies.
Page 2 of 7 (98 items) < Previous 1 2 3 4 5 Next > ... Last »
Sort Posts: Previous Next
  • 02-20-2017 08:18 PM In reply to

Re: Hello 2017 Honda SH 150i

Thanks for that Mr. Pyrah. That and the great Honda Worldwide production plants listing. So does 12 months warranty confirm that it is Chinese built? I know some will say it is about effective governance over quality control ... but! 12 months and new Smart Key electronics. I saw a recall some months ago as they had been wrongly programmed.

Interesting that once third world SE Asian countries are enjoying a latest gen. confirguration and a once first world country will be getting something else. There's a message there somewhere. Go figure.

• 02-20-2017 08:53 PM In reply to

Yep sounds Chinese and why Honda Australia is bothering with a inferior product buggers believe.The SH150 should be a showcase model for them heads should roll at the main office 

Tha' can allus tell a Yorkshireman, but tha' can't tell 'im much
  • 02-20-2017 09:19 PM In reply to

I'm glad we are on the same page with this. I'm left scratching my head also. Although we have no established price as yet, and I can't believe I am saying this, but I would rather toss a few more dollars in and get a Burger 200 (plus keeping the Dio - metro). I could use the little burger (mini bus) to get out of town down through the Royal National Park to hit the escapement pools, as I once did frequently with the Majesty. I could store a large picnic basket under that seat with my towel.

• 02-21-2017 07:19 PM In reply to

• gaz
    • Top 100 Contributor
    • Joined on 11-04-2009
    • Posts 294

Heard that Kymco could be bringing the 300-x to Oz this year,retail around $6,000 with usual long warranty,think this would be a better deal than the Honda 150 & 200.

• 02-21-2017 08:06 PM In reply to

Think Kymco Agility 16+ 200i that is already here would be the would be a closer fit to the sub standard Honda

Image result for Agility 16+ 200i i

• 02-21-2017 09:22 PM In reply to

• gaz
    • Top 100 Contributor
    • Joined on 11-04-2009
    • Posts 294

And only $4,000.00 ride-a-way in Brisbane!

pyrah:

Think Kymco Agility 16+ 200i that is already here would be the would be a closer fit to the sub standard Honda

Image result for Agility 16+ 200i i

• 02-21-2017 10:05 PM In reply to

It goes without saying that I will follow up with personal interest and report back at my first sighting of the SH 150.

No Burger 200 for me, as I was just reminiscing days of old. Too big for my needs. When you trawl through Gumtree you can appreciate the number of ratty scooters that make their way back to the market. It makes you wonder to what degree the importers/wholesalers of scooters are complicit in significantly declining sales over the last years; poor quality, poorly supported product or just choices that do not reflect our market, over time. I feel that there is some accountability here.

Unless you intend to keep a unit until it drops, then you need quality and features if you want any chance of getting out of it with $$$s in your pocket. It matters less if you only pay say $3k for a Dio. After 3-4 years of enjoyable, reliable scootering (assumes), then it really dosen't owe you anything. But when you start spending $6k +, on a scooter, then this equation changes.

One of the best value scooters (resale considered) will probably prove to be the last of the Vespa GTS FL 250s. The only minus is lack of ABS. If you consider their current models pricing, all things considered,  then a good offering.

Failure of the SH to impress, then I will wait for the GTS 150 iGET ABS. It will stretch on the very odd occasion I want to venture a bit further. And I am comfortable I will be able to sell it, when the times comes, and whip out the mighty Dio again. I doubt if you will get any change from $8k for the GTS 150 iget.

• 02-21-2017 11:09 PM In reply to

In the UK the GTS 125 abs is around 821 pound cheaper than the GTS 300 abs so hope fully will be around the same differential for the GTS 150 here , + it has less distance to travel to our shores than the 300 Smile

• 02-22-2017 02:19 AM In reply to

How much smaller is a 150 GTS than a 

Burgman 200 ? because I filter pretty well on

the 400 honestly there isn't to many places it

doesn't fit so I thought the 200 would be just

about perfect plus its the same price as the Honda and the 150 GTS and pretty sure it would

carry more than both of them and great for the

times when you won't to go out of town  .

I think for that amount of money the little Burgman is the one to buy at least the Burgman

we get here is the same as everyone else gets 

and not a inferior model  .

• 02-22-2017 09:36 PM In reply to

Working backwards, against your supplied information Pyrah, and using the current currency conversion, places the new GTS 150 iget at not too dissimilar money to the current run-out 250. Not much in it. I think the little Burger would be an economical and enjoyable own, but if I was not using it enough it could be harder to shift unless I dropped dollars.

Soooo disappointing, to me, about the SH model variant intended for Aus. The spec'd model also has Michelin City Grip tyres, but possibly the Chinese production unit will have lesser tyres.

• 02-23-2017 10:09 AM In reply to

Chinese version has Rubber bands instead of tyres --much more economicalbecauseas one breaks or wears out you replace it with another --about every 500 metres

riding for fun
  • 02-23-2017 11:18 AM In reply to

Larrikin Aussie Humour ... and the're Chinese rubber bands to boot ....

You would think global shipping direct would be cheaper from SE Asia mitigating some price discrepancy. I need to move on from my disappointment.

• 02-23-2017 11:23 AM In reply to

.... oh, I meant to add, the real wack to the consumer about this product is offering 12 months only supportive warranty. Give me a break. Out of touch with the bigger picture.

• 02-23-2017 01:47 PM In reply to

Further -- we are so much closer to the manufacturing point and remember that to ship to Europe you have to go through thr dreaded Suez Canal with all those ragheads blowing each other up on either side

Insurance would be more costly than the freight charges

You work it out cos I cant------  You would be better manufacturing in Iceland or Greenland or New Zealand

Even Patagonia offers some pluses Certainly not in Australia because of the hold the Unions have on industry

We couldnt even manufacture bobby pins for fear the unions would claim we are being cruel to head lice

riding for fun
  • 02-26-2017 08:32 PM In reply to

Using the Honda production plant information that you supplied Pyrah I have been undertaking some research - - it's been raining.

I always understood that my Dio was produced by Honda in Vietnam. The site confirms that Dio's are produced there. This plant also produces 2017 Honda SH150s in two versions: SH150 CBS & SH150 ABS. It might be reasonable then to assume Australian deliveries of the SH 150 CBS will come out of this plant ... proximity.

Page 2 of 7 (98 items) < Previous 1 2 3 4 5 Next > ... Last »

ADVERTISEMENT

©2007 ScooterSales.com.au