Scooter
Community

Hello 2017 Honda SH 150i

Last post 05-08-2017 07:21 PM by aspro boy. 98 replies.
Page 7 of 7 (99 items) « First ... < Previous 3 4 5 6 7
Sort Posts: Previous Next
  • 03-27-2017 08:12 PM In reply to

Re: Hello 2017 Honda SH 150i

If you look at what is on offer globally, there aren't that many scoots from which to make a choice locally. Reference your Honda UK model line-up.

• 03-27-2017 08:36 PM In reply to

I might be wrong about the 4 year warranty

• 03-27-2017 10:26 PM In reply to

aspro boy:

I might be wrong about the 4 year warranty

Honda UK

You're covered

A two-year warranty is standard for your new Honda motorcycle or scooter.

For the VFR1200 series we are proud to provide you with a three-year warranty from the date of registration or date of sale.

XR series and CRF series up to 125cc have a 3 month warranty from date of purchase.  CRF series above 125cc has a six-month warranty from date of purchase.

The full terms and conditions of our warranty are in your service and warranty booklet provided with your motorcycle from new.

• 03-29-2017 09:04 PM In reply to

Well, it has finally arrived in the showroom, the reintroduction of the SH150. So what do I think, given my anticipation for this machine; who actually cares what I think, but in summary: It's too big. If you told me it was a 300, then maybe. Maybe the bland green surfaces make it look larger. I feel that I would need to go to Ron Bennett menswear to buy a new suit, to wear when riding it, but who goes to Ron Bennett! Quoted at $5.7k ride away, no ABS and IRC tyres, I have never seen this livery represented anywhere else on the net. I am sure it would be an adequate performer, catering to local duties two-up, a good utilitarian local work horse, but it will be interesting to see what numbers they push out the door.

I would rather tip my money, now, into something about which I could feel passionate. Even the little lizard Dio smiles back at me, which this doesn't.

• 03-29-2017 09:21 PM In reply to

aspro boy:

Well, it has finally arrived in the showroom, the reintroduction of the SH150. So what do I think, given my anticipation for this machine; who actually cares what I think, but in summary: It's too big. If you told me it was a 300, then maybe. Maybe the bland green surfaces make it look larger. I feel that I would need to go to Ron Bennett menswear to buy a new suit, to wear when riding it, but who goes to Ron Bennett! Quoted at $5.7k ride away, no ABS and IRC tyres, I have never seen this livery represented anywhere else on the net. I am sure it would be an adequate performer, catering to local duties two-up, a good utilitarian local work horse, but it will be interesting to see what numbers they push out the door.

I would rather tip my money, now, into something about which I could feel passionate. Even the little lizard Dio smiles back at me, which this doesn't.

A message to honda little h today because of the disappointment Smile

Image result for monty python foot

Edit $5350  in SA so $760 more than a PCX150 No

• 03-31-2017 08:28 PM In reply to

I swung past the Honda showroom for another squiz at the SH 150. Repositioned now on their busy showroom floor, and standing side-by-side with a PCX 150, it allowed me to make a direct physical comparison between these 150 scoots.. What I think I see in the SH is a scooter with an ergonomic design accent in support of practical two-up commuting; space, comfort and handling (16" wheels) that will allow realistic urban/city transport for two people. So, if you want to take your best girl out n about town, on this scoot, there is a good chance that she will want to make the return journey home with you. Actually, if you have that need, it makes sense.

Of real interest, belying the local Honda stats sheet, on closer inspection, is that it is running a rear disc brake and not the advertized drum brake. And I thought it was mostly Piaggio/Vespa that had you checking twice and cutting once with advertized specs. There is no 'cool' factor about this scoot, to me, looking so boring in green. They need to bring back the 'Sporty' version; waiting to see what they look like (in white) out of the showroom and in their natural habitat. I have been offered a test ride.

• 03-31-2017 08:48 PM In reply to

Look forwards to reading your impressions from a test ride Yes

Image result for test ride motorcycle cartoon

• 03-31-2017 09:29 PM In reply to

... ha ha, best one yet: they kept you down under too long ...

• 05-08-2017 07:21 PM In reply to

I keep swinging past Scooterworld, and others, to catch a sighting of the new Honda SH 150i out of the showroom and on the street. Staff there are enthusiastic about my undertaking a test ride. No surprises there. Some of the staff to whom I have spoken speak most highly about performance and ride characteristics. Altough on paper it is reasonably similar in size the the Medley, it just looks bigger. It is a big 150. Most of the comparison reports for Medley 150 vs SH150i are in some SE Asian dialect, thus far. One article, translated, desribed the new SH 150i as, 'Big man scooter'. Yep!

Yet to sight a white one or one in the jungle. Oh, the green is so sanitized, imo. I am advised that they are starting to move out the front door.

Page 7 of 7 (99 items) « First ... < Previous 3 4 5 6 7

ADVERTISEMENT

©2007 ScooterSales.com.au