Scooter
Community

in
ADVERTISEMENT
Vespa

Yamaha NMAX 175

Last post 03-09-2017 08:37 AM by aspro boy. 3 replies.
Page 1 of 1 (4 items)
Sort Posts: Previous Next
  • 03-08-2017 07:49 PM

Yamaha NMAX 175

Review in TwoWheels magazijne thought great then looked at the specifications alas it's just a 125 Sad

Si ‘Thi’ later
  • 03-08-2017 10:24 PM In reply to

Re: Yamaha NMAX 175

yep, looks like something worth considering......but a 175 or even a 200 would be so much better ...

Are they trying to out Dio the Dio??

Is it just me or does Yammie seem to be a bit random in the scoots they release, like that 125 3 wheeler?

FYI, location is Larkin Street Waverton in Sydney.There's a bendy drive around nearby Balls Head where local hoons would ride back in the day.

Aprilia 200ie
  • 03-08-2017 11:52 PM In reply to

Thanks for the info Yes yep Yamaha is slack with a lot of their scooter choices for Australia the NMAX 155 methinks would have been a better choice to import

Si ‘Thi’ later
  • 03-09-2017 08:37 AM In reply to

Yamaha miss the mark by not appointing or having a city dearlership, imo. Numbers of scooters per brand are represented by local dealerships in this area, and surrounds, a high density per population scooter (or light motorcycle) ownership part of town. RCM punched out a lot of sales with the Aprilia MT 125, simply because of their location. The CB 125E Honda, the Honda Dio 110 and now the Suzuki Address 113 flooded the local scene immediately following the appointment of Scooterworld at Redfern as a Honda dealership. Both these dealerships are adjacent to a public transport corridor also.

Yamaha already had two 125s in their line-up. What were they thinking introducing a third? Or should that be four, with the Vity also? Should have been the NMAX 155, as stated above, as part of their mix. When you see where their Sydney outlets are located, you might be challenged getting to and from those locations (unless immediately local) on a 125cc. I know I would be. A 155cc would just cut the mustard.

I have only ever seen two examples of the NMAX 125 since their release. I think that telling. Often directly compared with the Honda PCX 125 in European test comparisons, it compares favourably winning with ABS, a willing engine and style; it loses out on comfort and handling to the PCX, as I read it. I personally like the styling, although my bent is towards a flat floor scooter.

Page 1 of 1 (4 items)

ADVERTISEMENT

©2007 ScooterSales.com.au