Scooter
Community

in
ADVERTISEMENT
ScooterAccessories

My post vespa ?

Last post 04-15-2017 08:28 PM by aspro boy. 37 replies.
Page 2 of 3 (38 items) < Previous 1 2 3 Next >
Sort Posts: Previous Next
  • 03-16-2017 09:58 PM In reply to

Re: My post vespa ?

Yep cars also seem better value than of yesteryear 

Si ‘Thi’ later
  • 03-17-2017 02:16 PM In reply to

Yep, cars are definetly cheaper now. Competition, streamlined production processes, robotics and shared platforms are just some of the reasons I would think. The obvious one now is country of assembly/production, which is being highlighted in the scooter and motorcycle world. The pie is being carved with increased equity.

It has me interested though in a trailing history of say the Vespa 150 over the last 20 years. And there are good surviving examples still floating about. We now tend (I need speak for myself) to take a bottom up approach to pricing, comparisons with the cheapest Asian production units. A top down approach allows you see what is still compeditive today in adjusted terms.

• 03-17-2017 03:59 PM In reply to

Wonder where Vespa in the70s got there steel from if you remember the old rust box Fiats etc was it a combination of russian low quality steel it,s thickness and inadequate rust proofing 

What's rusty nail

Si ‘Thi’ later
  • 03-17-2017 07:33 PM In reply to

yep, Fiats of the period were bad for rust but the Mighty Alfasud was the one for rust!

I'm pretty sure Alfa left Oz for a few years after lobbing that rust bucket on us !

Pity, as they looked good and went well...on the occasions that they were actually running

Aprilia 200ie
  • 03-17-2017 08:08 PM In reply to

Yep Alfasud they built a plant in southern Italy to build them probably hence the Sud . Shame really with it's flat four engine and one of the first 5 speed gearboxes should have done well

Si ‘Thi’ later
  • 03-25-2017 10:24 PM In reply to

I dropped by Scooteria on my pushie today. After an early morning fang on the Dio I grabbed the Moulton as Saturday traffic can be awful, even on the lizard Dio.

This dealrship is a great place to view Vespa scooters. Now a lifestyle concept showroom, this 'crisp' showroom offers the full range, many units being pimped with various configurations of Vespa accessories, for your imagination.

Whilst out n about I was surprised at how many ET4 units are still about. I am assuming that these are Italian production units. I have a thing now to follow the 150s history (and local pricing).

• 03-26-2017 03:39 PM In reply to

Wink not just for city gents Stick out tongue

Image result for Moulton

Si ‘Thi’ later
  • 03-26-2017 09:36 PM In reply to

Thats's the original 17" wheel version. Mine is a TSR 9 converted to a TSR 18 (20" wheels). These small wheel bikes I have are the equivelant of performance scooters.

• 03-26-2017 09:43 PM In reply to

Yep remember the original same fella did the rubber cone mini suspension see the Aus importer is in my neck of the woods

Region: South Australia
    Dealer: English Cycling
    Address: 125 Ellen Street, 
    Port Pirie, 
    South Australia,
    Telephone: 086 322766 or 08 88 423294

Si ‘Thi’ later
  • 03-26-2017 10:17 PM In reply to

Why is Che Guevarra riding an English Moulton push bike?

Aprilia 200ie
  • 03-26-2017 10:41 PM In reply to

martindemo:

Why is Che Guevarra riding an English Moulton push bike?

Yes indeed he should be on the back of a british Norton

Si ‘Thi’ later
  • 03-30-2017 08:56 AM In reply to

If you remove price from the equation, is the current Vespa Sprint 150 iget a good scooter comparatively?

• 03-30-2017 09:08 AM In reply to

It is good to know that Moulton dealer appointment link thanks Pyrah. Moulton UK has had little success with their Aus. dealers historically. I purchased my TSR from Clarence Street Cycles in Sydney, when they momentarilly held dealer rights. The were hopeless.

I don't understand their (Moulton) limiited road presence in Aus. They really are a fantastic ride. Dr. Alex Moulton, ex Mini fame, spent half a lifetime sorting these bikes and their comfortable suspension. You can really hammer cornering, with that high tensile spring front suspension in the head tube allowing you to hold your line. The space frame design certainly intrigues many folk when I am out n about on this bike. Dr. Alex Moulton only died several years ago and still rode his bike in his 90s. CSC held a stainless steel 17" wheel variant listed for $11k

• 03-30-2017 06:31 PM In reply to

aspro boy:

If you remove price from the equation, is the current Vespa Sprint 150 iget a good scooter comparatively?

Yes but why abs only on the front brake ? if i lived where max road speed was 80/90km i would look at them . Service intervals good at 10,000 km though misleading by having  a inspections at 5,000 km . At replacement time probably lose the same amount of $ as any other scooter or slightly less due to hopefully better trading price 

Owners handbook for the 3V here

Si ‘Thi’ later
  • 03-30-2017 09:07 PM In reply to

Thanks Pyrah. I have been kicking about the Vespa Sprint now for 2 years, as you might remember. Something holds me back. I see plenty of examples of ET4 150s and LX 150s still doing their thing, but still. Used units do command good prices, even silly prices, which I never understand when you load the changeover. I was disappointed about the featureless Honda, which seemed a silly size for a 150. Looking looking.

The 2017 Piaggio Liberty 150 S iget appears as a scaled version of the new Medley. Now slightly increased in size over its model predecessor, the Beverly, Medley and new Liberty all seem to share the same concept DNA

Page 2 of 3 (38 items) < Previous 1 2 3 Next >

ADVERTISEMENT

©2007 ScooterSales.com.au