Scooter
Community

SWM (motorcycles) road test

Last post 06-03-2017 08:50 PM by aspro boy. 45 replies.
Page 1 of 4 (46 items) 1 2 3 4 Next >
Sort Posts: Previous Next
  • 03-22-2017 06:50 PM

SWM (motorcycles) road test

If you fancy a change from a scooter click

• 03-23-2017 10:45 AM In reply to

Re: SWM (motorcycles) road test

Good to put some content to these bikes. Scooterworld Redfern have been holding stock of these models which I have viewed at close quarters with interest

• 03-23-2017 03:18 PM In reply to

Strange because Ace scooters Perth are also agents ? is it a replacement for my Yamaha SR400i Stick out tongue

Image result for yamaha sr400i

• 03-23-2017 04:31 PM In reply to

I must admit, Pyrah, as interesting and attractive as the SMWs are, in terms of "better the devil U know", I'd take your Yammie everytime.

Aprilia 200ie
  • 03-23-2017 06:04 PM In reply to

• INMA
    • Top 50 Contributor
    • Joined on 03-19-2009
    • Posts 826

I was thinking the Honda 500 was looking good at similar money and ABS.

2001 Yamaha Zuma, DR Evo 68 cylinder, Leo Vince TT derestricted, Delorto 17.5 (#98 jet), standard aircleaner, RMS fan, Race CDI, Standard oiler and premix @ 75:1 Shell SX2, Doppler SR3 variator, RMS clutch, RMS R rear shock absorber and Pirelli SL26 tyres.
  • 03-23-2017 06:59 PM In reply to

CB500F ABS (2016) Yep in SA otr $7690 for both nakeds CB500X ABS (2016)

$6990 for the fairing model CBR500R ABS (2016)

• 03-23-2017 10:05 PM In reply to

I'll wait several more months to the onset of winter then ask Darryl at Scooterworld how many units of the SWMs he has punched out. Definetly one for the enthusiast I would think. Although Scooterworld publish a full range of capacity bikes in their represented brand line-up, they rarely carry any floor stock in excess of 500cc. I was told that they take too long to shift, with too much money being tied up. 

When I asked the question last week of the current highest volume machines going out the door it was stated as the Honda Dio & Suzuki Address in equal numbers.

I like the concept of these bikes and their capacities. Said to be quicker and more responsive than the Royal Enfield Continental GT.

• 03-23-2017 10:24 PM In reply to

But the continental as a harris designed frame Cool (think RE as now bought them out)

Ye Olde 65 continental GT 250 Big Smile

Image result for royal enfield 250cc continental gt

• 03-24-2017 08:33 AM In reply to

pyrah:

But the continental as a harris designed frame Cool (think RE as now bought them out)

it doesn't matter where the frame is designed if it's built out of cheese instead of proper steel...

• 03-24-2017 11:51 PM In reply to

ferrix:

pyrah:

it doesn't matter where the frame is designed if it's built out of cheese instead of proper steel...

Would make these two happyStick out tongue

Image result for wallace and gromit cheese motorcycle

• 03-27-2017 11:25 PM In reply to

I would really like a simple, road oriented single for my forever bike.Light with reasonable clearance and a minimum of for want of a better word 'fluff'.
    SR's are silly momey for a motorcycle that paid for the dies and machinery 25 years ago, even at modern prices I could be tempted if it had that extra 100cc.
    I like the look of the SWM's but the same old wariness comes out, unknown, for similar money the reliability of the Japanese is an unbeatable advantage.
    The Sachs roadstar with the DR650 mill looked good but not many around and body parts will probably be an issue considering it was a short model run.
    Similar with the Muz range with the Yamaha 660 single.

• 03-27-2017 11:41 PM In reply to

Gunna, how would U feel about a Royal Enfield?

Aprilia 200ie
  • 03-27-2017 11:43 PM In reply to

Yep also liked the MuZ Skorpion and also the Matchless G80 with Rotax engine but alas not had the money at the time  

Image result for MZ Skorpion

Image result for Les Harris Matchless G80

• 03-28-2017 07:14 AM In reply to

Gunna, how would U feel about a Royal Enfield?

Martin, I love the idea but from the research I've done it's just not realistic.Bit's regularly shaking off, an inability to maintain 110 cruise and the need for 50's style maintenance is not going to work for me, a child of the Japanese reliability era.
    Luckily Ural don't import solo's or 1 of those would be calling a sweet siren song to me also.

If one of these were available in a 650 I'd be very tempted but same issues again, price difference isn't enough to gamble, cheaply/poorly made, I saw the 250 version a few years ago and the finish was pretty ordinary with welds that weren't particularly inspiring.
    It looks like a proper bike though.
    https://www.solinvictus.com.au/pages/the-nemesis

• 03-28-2017 08:51 AM In reply to

A new SR500 with electric start and a few personalized changes, would be a good thing. There must be a capacity restriction in other markets that keeps the current SR to less than 400. They are big money as you say for something for which tooling is well established.

Some months back Deus had an almost new original SR500 (with original mags) and less than 100ks on the clock. Memory has it they wanted $11.5k for this bike.

Page 1 of 4 (46 items) 1 2 3 4 Next >

ADVERTISEMENT

©2007 ScooterSales.com.au