Scooter
Community

Would you buy a Cezeta?

Last post 03-26-2017 10:26 PM by martindemo. 10 replies.
Page 1 of 1 (11 items)
Sort Posts: Previous Next
  • 03-25-2017 09:40 AM

Would you buy a Cezeta?

Cezeta was a Czech brand from the 50's, making very 50's-looking scooters. Not that many were sold outside of the Eastern Bloc, although curiously a few were assembled in New Zealand, where they were branded N-Zetas.

In any case, it appers Cezeta brand is now being revived by an Englishman. His plan is to make an electric scooter while maintaining the look very close to the 50's original:

There are a few clips on youtube, here's one from last year's Brno Motosalon.

... and their promo clip with some pretty shots.

What do you think? If they brought it here would you ride this... thing? :) It's a bit too retro for my taste, but I know that's what many people like..

• 03-25-2017 11:44 AM In reply to

Re: Would you buy a Cezeta?

Some things old have a certain beauty (like me for instance) but sorry Cezeta does nothing for me in fact I find it quite ugly --Trust a pommie to want to copy it -Note not a chinese copy

riding for fun
  • 03-25-2017 11:47 AM In reply to

Love the idea but like most of these type of things it will probably be built with the cheapest of chinese bits stuck together in an irrepairable, economically disastrous hodge podge of poorly matched components.
    If the Vectrix https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Vectrix couldn't make a go of it with what was by all accounts a well sorted and viable package.
    The Fonzarelli http://www.scootersales.com.au/news-reviews-5332/fonzarelli-125-electric-review.aspx
    Seems like the Fonzarelli's would be everywhere in the city but I'm yet to see one.Another one that appears to be well sorted.
    Cezetas always remind me of the Heinkels, classics with a difference

• 03-25-2017 12:12 PM In reply to

No electric scooters for me still don't have the range i need but would not mind an original two stroke model . But better still if i wanted an eastern block scooter would go for a GDR IWL Berlin with the MZ two stroke motor

Image result for mz berlin scooter

Tha' can allus tell a Yorkshireman, but tha' can't tell 'im much
  • 03-25-2017 12:13 PM In reply to

gunnabuild1:

Love the idea but like most of these type of things it will probably be built with the cheapest of chinese bits stuck together in an irrepairable, economically disastrous hodge podge of poorly matched components.
    If the Vectrix https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Vectrix couldn't make a go of it with what was by all accounts a well sorted and viable package.
    The Fonzarelli http://www.scootersales.com.au/news-reviews-5332/fonzarelli-125-electric-review.aspx
    Seems like the Fonzarelli's would be everywhere in the city but I'm yet to see one.Another one that appears to be well sorted.
    Cezetas always remind me of the Heinkels, classics with a difference

I share your concern, but there are a couple of things in Cezeta's favour: Vectrix was perhaps a touch ahead of its time; things progressed in the last few years - especially battery technology. In one of the clips this guy says they want to use Tesla's batteries, for example.

For another, Cezeta has something neither Fonzarelli nor Vectrix could claim: authentic heritage.

Also, Fonzarellis might be electric, but they look like any generic Chinese el-cheapo 50cc. This one... love it or hate it, but it certainly stands out :)

Edit: according their official page, it will be build in the Czech Republic. ( ... which isn't to say some components aren't Chinese... I'm sure they are! )

• 03-25-2017 01:16 PM In reply to

Distribution both to the USA and to Australasia from the end of 2018 onwards

I see in the UK it's 7390 pounds excluding vat so add another 20% = 8868 pounds . Exchange rate of 7390 is around $12087 + our tax add on means don't think i will see many about Sad

Idea That price difference to a average run of the mill petrol 125/150 scooter would buy quite a bit of fuel and servicing Stick out tongue

• 03-25-2017 01:21 PM In reply to

pyrah:

Distribution both to the USA and to Australasia from the end of 2018 onwards

I see in the UK it's 7390 pounds excluding vat so add another 20% = 8868 pounds . Exchange rate of 7390 is around $12087 + our tax add on means don't think i will see many about Sad

It appears this will be a limited run of 600 so you're right :)

But if it goes well, they might carry on with a regular model. Either way, this probably is never going to be a cheapie. Then again, neither is Vespa  - yet it doesn't seem to hurt them too much.

• 03-25-2017 01:33 PM In reply to

The electric version

cezeta electric scooter designboom

Yep first run is 600 scooters but if we are getting with the Usa at the end of 2018 some of the 600 don't mean they're doing well in europe does it . Or maybe do you think another batch is planned by then Stick out tongue

Talking of Vespa here is a auction for one you may like click

• 03-26-2017 12:57 PM In reply to

pyrah:

Over $195,000 for this POS that can't even stand upright?!? I think I'll pass :)

• 03-26-2017 01:59 PM In reply to

ferrix:

pyrah:

Over $195,000 for this POS that can't even stand upright?!? I think I'll pass :)

LOL that was Vespas best and safest sidestand ever just place the running board onto the curb or lean against a wall simples as the meerkat would say Stick out tongue

• 03-26-2017 10:26 PM In reply to

HHmm, I was wondering about the name...it is , in effect a CZ-etta! In other words, a scooter version of the famous CZ  motor bike.

As u may know, many brands were having a crack at a scooter circa, 1960;;The Triumph Tigress comes to mind as well as the Vellocette Viceroy...and this Cezetta was CZ's attempt at a scoot!

Good luck with the electric one.....to answer an earlier poster, not too many Fonzies around

Aprilia 200ie
Page 1 of 1 (11 items)

ADVERTISEMENT

©2007 ScooterSales.com.au