Scooter
Community

in
ADVERTISEMENT
Honda

Indian vespa anyone

Last post 04-09-2017 08:24 PM by pyrah. 27 replies.
Page 1 of 2 (28 items) 1 2 Next >
Sort Posts: Previous Next
  • 04-05-2017 04:25 PM

Indian vespa anyone

Came across this advert in just bike think the vespa vxl is an indian built one for there own market . But not bad if the quality is there at $4500 + orc for the 125cc and 150cc at $4780 + orc there 2016 machines  wonder how they ended up in australia ?

johnnyshogshop.com.au

Tha' can allus tell a Yorkshireman, but tha' can't tell 'im much
  • 04-05-2017 07:08 PM In reply to

Re: Indian vespa anyone

HHmm...interesting. ya'd think it could be even cheaper.

I wonder if they are OK and if bits from Italian Vespa are a direct fit?? Might specs be lower/diffetrent?

Interesting.

Re matters Indian,I'm toying ( slightly) with the idea of buying a Royal Enfield 500 classic but reviews online seem to indicate rust.....dodgy brakes+ too much vibration at speed.

Aprilia 200ie
  • 04-06-2017 02:29 PM In reply to

martindemo:

I wonder if they are OK and if bits from Italian Vespa are a direct fit?? Might specs be lower/diffetrent?

Interesting.

Re matters Indian,I'm toying ( slightly) with the idea of buying a Royal Enfield 500 classic but reviews online seem to indicate rust.....dodgy brakes+ too much vibration at speed.

Yep RE 500 probably vibrate a bit over 60 mph especially for testers used to singles with counterbalance and multies of oriental extraction . Rust shouldn't be too much of a concern in god's own unlike the salt laden roads of the UK . Believe some of the early drums where sometimes a bit oval hopefully now eradicated . Biggest problem i can see is living with the rediculass service intervals Big Smile

Image result for overloaded royal enfield

• 04-06-2017 02:51 PM In reply to

martindemo:

Interesting.

Think most parts interchangable if i remember right  mostly the suspension altered to suit India's fantastic roads

Image result for indian scooter rally

• 04-06-2017 05:01 PM In reply to

I hope that you're right about the beefed-up suspension: such a scoot could be marketed here as a "Vespa Bushman" ...or similar...kinda an outback scoot.

It would be more fair-dinkum--and cheaper --than that explorer ( or whatever it is called) model that they are pushing now

Aprilia 200ie
  • 04-06-2017 05:11 PM In reply to

Yep, i've seen a few video review online- even from head wobblers- and these pretty well show the mirror as being useless after abt 60 mph. I'm planning to go bush -thus my interest in this - and that much vibes are vibes of the wrong sort.

there's a very nice RE 500 near me but looks sh+t due to rust...and it ain't that old.

I love the look of the thing and the chance to tinker on a nice solo cylinder is fun....t

Aprilia 200ie
  • 04-06-2017 06:47 PM In reply to

Yep, re vibes,  i'd be checking out this review from about 1:30......

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GWJ3-gBWFmU

does like nice tho....

Aprilia 200ie
  • 04-06-2017 07:16 PM In reply to

Oh, and while we're on this topic, I assume that LML in Australia is dead?? pretty sure they were allied with Gasoline.

Pity, coz they looked ok too

Aprilia 200ie
  • 04-06-2017 09:44 PM In reply to

martindemo:

Oh, and while we're on this topic, I assume that LML in Australia is dead?? pretty sure they were allied with Gasoline.

Pity, coz they looked ok too

Yep LML to all intent and purpose is dead in OZ though Gasoline still advertise a 2017 ? Star @ $4490 + orc that personally i will give a miss to Smile

• 04-06-2017 09:51 PM In reply to

I will be following with interest Md your Royal Enfield Classic 500 direction. Will you test ride one? I see more RE machines about over the last12 months. All power to an image. I think if I was going to tip myself back into motorcycling I might consider the Guzzi V7111. It's a size thing, as these things are physically not that large and would have ride character. But there are about four bikes on the short list.

I do like Bikesales.com calendar product release post going forward over 12 months. I see the Yamaha XMax 300, NMax 155 & Tricity 155 all listed but no formal release times confirmed. It is difficult to imagine that the Tricity 155 will make an appearance before stocks of the 125 & 125ABS units are mostly all sold.

• 04-07-2017 12:07 PM In reply to

Hi Asps,

Long story short, I will be moving to Central West of NSW ( Bathurst -Lithgow) fairly soon but no rush. The 200 Scab will not do the job on distances like this so  I'm looking at Alternative,,,,,Bev 35o being one.

Royal E 500 struck me as being a fun alternative but all reviews come back with the vibration at speed and weak rear drum brake issue: no good if yr going the 65 kms between Lithgow and Bathurst, hoping to sit on 110 kph.

This review from the LA Times pretty well says it for me.    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GWJ3-gBWFmU

Unless I can get a fairly new one REAL cheap or they bring out new models that dress brakes/vibes issue, I'll probably pass....

Current thinking is a older BMW "airhead": we shall see.

Re release times of bikes, ya'd wonder why Yamaha didn't realease the bigger Tricity in the first place as that 125 is too underpowered IMHO

Aprilia 200ie
  • 04-07-2017 02:17 PM In reply to

martindemo:

Hi Asps,

martindemo:

Long story short, I will be moving to Central West of NSW ( Bathurst -Lithgow) fairly soon but no rush. The 200 Scab will not do the job on distances like this so  I'm looking at Alternative,,,,,Bev 35o being one.

Royal E 500 struck me as being a fun alternative but all reviews come back with the vibration at speed and weak rear drum brake issue: no good if yr going the 65 kms between Lithgow and Bathurst, hoping to sit on 110 kph.

his review from the LA Times pretty well says it for me.

Unless I can get a fairly new one REAL cheap or they bring out new models that dress brakes/vibes issue, I'll probably pass....

Current thinking is a older BMW "airhead": we shall see.

Re release times of bikes, ya'd wonder why Yamaha didn't realease the bigger Tricity in the first place as that 125 is too underpowered IMHO

martindemo:

Wink Maybe for Tassi and there rego categories Stick out tongue

Image result for TazImage result for Tricity

martindemo:

Would think one of the 300cc class of motorbikes from Honda Kawasaki or Yamaha (KTM ?) would be a better bet and reasonably cheap to buy run and insure either naked or clothed Smile

Image result for honda yamaha kawasaki 300s

• 04-07-2017 07:23 PM In reply to

Martin, this guy has just bought a new 350 version and a few weeks later bought a 500, I've been following simply because I'd like to hear a real world use review and this might just do the trick.
    http://advrider.com/index.php?threads/my-new-bike.1198246/

I've always liked the idea of an RE but I suspect the 21st century might be a little hard on something not far removed from the 19th.
    This guy seems to like his...
    <iframe width="560" height="315" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/cGUK3TbSHFY" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

Tend to agree with Pyrah, the newer 300 class can be bought a year old with less than 10000k on the clock for not a great many Beer tickets and as a sensible, practical choice tick a lot of boxes.
    But that's not what we are really discussing is it ?

• 04-07-2017 08:47 PM In reply to

Like you Md I recently read a review covering the Continental GT. Although the reviewer enjoyed some nostalgic aspects about the bike he stated that it might be unfit for extended journeys citing overall discomfort, items mentioned by you. I once owned a Suzuki 500GT, the only two stroke I ever really tamed, but after 250-300k day runs your whole body would buzz, tingle for some time after stepping from the bike. Not unduely uncomfortable, but weird. Discomfort is not character. Or is that an age related statement?

An old loved air head could be good, but they have dried up a little, harder to find. I purchased new from Tom Byrne in Sydney the second last air head R100R Classic - the last edition - sold to the public (not the Mystic). A great looking bike for its type I thought; a great styling exercise: registration UU11. This bike represented the type of riding I wanted to come back to. But being a roadster I could not run comfortably with the BMW touring club, who regularly ran at 135-45kph. The R100R did not have the legs for this sustained speed; happiest at the legal limit, like me, now, mostly. I stuggled at times to find 98 octane on distant runs, so would use leaded fuel, still available at the time, to blend with half a tank (24ltr tank) of 98. The dealer told me it would be fine, and the bike seemed to gather some extra legs with this blend. If you could find a loved one of these I know you would be happy. A guy flew down from Queensland to purchase this mint condition bike, which he then rode home.

I'll enjoy taking the journey with you ...

• 04-07-2017 09:24 PM In reply to

yep, a simple more modern bike would be better but, at my age it's also about a bit of fun , as Gunna implied.

thanks for that good info re airheads, Asps....they are pretty thin on the ground.

Pyrah, nice idea re a modern 400 but I'm for an older look. Maybe like that Yammie twin 400 you guys were talking about recently?

Aprilia 200ie
Page 1 of 2 (28 items) 1 2 Next >

ADVERTISEMENT

©2007 ScooterSales.com.au