Scooter
Community

Ride report for April 29th

Last post 04-30-2017 12:00 PM by Rod Fountain. 0 replies.
Page 1 of 1 (1 items)
Sort Posts: Previous Next
  • 04-30-2017 12:00 PM

Ride report for April 29th

Bon Jorno or G'day--cos it was a great day for riding , crisp,sunny with a hint of breeze as we gathered at Hungrys West Gosford

5 regulars were joined by 2 newcomers---Dave from Toukley on a MP3 and Carl who rode up from Revesby in Sydney on a Piaggio X7

Ettalong and the Italian Festival was our destination and we took off through East Gosford ,Green Point Yattalunga and Kincumber to get on Empire Bay Drive and approach it over the Rip bridge .

The tall massive and stately gum trees as you pass through Yattalunga are always a delight ,plus the view as you come around into Daleys Point looking down onto the waterway development of St Huberts Island and the Rip Bridge. Coming off the bridge you may notice on your left a stone memorial which commemorates Governor Philips attempt to enter Brisbane Water ,but the current going out was too much for his oarsmen and he had to return another day

The festival was in full swing and even parking a scooter presented problems

We gathered as a group to enter the affray but soon were separated

.I discovered an old (look who's talking )Italian gent leading a donkey as I entered and soon after I was swept up in the crowd watching and listening to a live performer singing whilst some danced and others were eating Pizzas

There was a real buzz in the air and I was offered a taste of mango liqueur which was absolutely fabulous

With the remnants of cold and torn tendons in my shoulder and having lost the others I left ,hoping that they enjoyed the rest of the afternoon

Short ,enjoyable and good company---Until the next time

riding for fun
Page 1 of 1 (1 items)

ADVERTISEMENT

©2007 ScooterSales.com.au