Scooter
Community

in
ADVERTISEMENT
Vespa

Honda EV-CUB

Last post 07-24-2017 04:27 PM by martindemo. 46 replies.
Page 3 of 4 (47 items) < Previous 1 2 3 4 Next >
Sort Posts: Previous Next
  • 07-07-2017 10:04 PM In reply to

Re: Honda EV-CUB

aspro boy:

Someone only asked me several months ago how I have managed to successfully survive Sydney roads as a cyclist all these years. 'I ride with my ears' (no wise cracks). You become tuned-in to driver conduct through engine/exhaust noises etc. So it would be a sad day for environmental progress if a cyclist was knocked down by an e-scooter. Lol. Not.

Si ‘Thi’ later
  • 07-08-2017 10:17 AM In reply to

Yep, but they don't. Also if U hit a pedestrian+ go to court, ya gonna pay......and pay....and pay.

I'm not paying for some Bondi Brazilian's back surgery if I can help it.

Aprilia 200ie
  • 07-08-2017 01:44 PM In reply to

I like that, Pyrah.....I could see me on Bondi Corso in summer wearing that..

Aprilia 200ie
  • 07-08-2017 01:46 PM In reply to

Asps, just a local thing, Aldi has push  bike gear specials coming up in a week or so.

Scroll down past the furniture+ there it is

I like the floor pump.

https://www.aldi.com.au/en/special-buys/special-buys-wed-12-july/

Aprilia 200ie
  • 07-08-2017 04:32 PM In reply to

martindemo:

Asps, just a local thing, Aldi has push  bike gear specials coming up in a week or so.

I like the floor pump.

Hmm... they also have a sale on booze... I had some Aldi wine before, for a non-connoisseur like myself it was perfectly acceptable.

• 07-08-2017 05:02 PM In reply to

Yes Ferr, there is some good buys among their wines, totally drinkable and mighy cheap.

Aprilia 200ie
  • 07-08-2017 07:12 PM In reply to

• gaz
    • Top 100 Contributor
    • Joined on 11-04-2009
    • Posts 312

Hope they've improved the pump.I bought one a few years ago & got a refund as it didn't work.

martindemo:

I like the floor pump.

• 07-08-2017 08:15 PM In reply to

My I think black dimond pump from kamart @ around $40 still good after a year & still pumping tyres to 110 psi 

Si ‘Thi’ later
  • 07-08-2017 08:23 PM In reply to

Saw the Aldi bike bits sale MD thank you. You have to be quick though. Aldi are good with returns; a friend purchased from Aldi a large screen TV recently, was not happy with it and they simply refunded. Not much of a drinker myself, but the odd bottle of wine purchased thoughtfully from Aldi was a good drop. Very reasonable. They do Coopers Pale Ale in bulk at a good price. Of course all this makes you feel good when your battery goes flat, just in case you are thinking we have deviated off topic.

My bike shop over the last 12 years has been Cheeky Transport at Newtown. It is just a different vibe - with interesting builds and general stuff. They build a lot of touring and commuter bikes to customers specifications/requirements. I see hand built bikes go out the door that make most scooters look cheap. They were an early Surly bikes stockist and build many bikes of varing brands around the 14 speed Rohloff Speedhub. You love what you love I guess.

• 07-21-2017 04:25 PM In reply to

pyrah:

Believe Zero is pulling out of Australia for the second time 

Yep confirmed Zero have pulled the plug Stick out tongue citing a lack of interest in electric bikes plus and unfavorable exchange rate and taxes

Image result for 2017 zero

Huh?

Si ‘Thi’ later
  • 07-22-2017 09:01 PM In reply to

Over the years I have spoken to many riders who believed that part of their survival strategy, others awareness of machine presence on the road, required being heard. There was a deliberacy to increase, reasonably, the noise of their machine. We can never know how much the battery 'stealth' factor would have been a turnoff for some.

• 07-22-2017 09:53 PM In reply to

Have said before i use to be a volunteer ambulance officer and even driving with lights and siren on was still invisible to some vehicles

Image result for ambulance joke

Si ‘Thi’ later
  • 07-23-2017 05:43 PM In reply to

pyrah:

pyrah:

Believe Zero is pulling out of Australia for the second time 

Yep confirmed Zero have pulled the plug Stick out tongue citing a lack of interest in electric bikes plus and unfavorable exchange rate and taxes

Image result for 2017 zero

Huh?

While Zero pulls out, our local distributor (I'm not going to call them manufacturer, since they aren't manufacturing anything) Braap steps in - they are working on a e-bike.

I would be considerably more excited if it was anyone other than Braap, but still - something worth keeping an eye out for:

https://motorbikewriter.com/braaap-unveils-first-aussie-electric-bike/

• 07-24-2017 01:56 PM In reply to

Yes Ferr,

Following on from your post I had a google look at Braap...

Seems they're currently in court for rebirthing bikes .oh, and there's the recall of some of their bikes.

And the Feds got them for non-compliance issues.

Their bikes- the Zero-may be clean but I don't think that they are

Aprilia 200ie
  • 07-24-2017 03:55 PM In reply to

martindemo:

Yes Ferr,

Following on from your post I had a google look at Braap...

Seems they're currently in court for rebirthing bikes .oh, and there's the recall of some of their bikes.

And the Feds got them for non-compliance issues.

Their bikes- the Zero-may be clean but I don't think that they are

Yes, that's what I meant when I said I'd prefer anyone else rather than Braaap... but then, you never know. The other day I saw a clip on youtube of someone test riding their Moto3 bike and liking it... and that E-bike in the pictures seems to be Moto3 frame + electric drivetrain... unless this is just a test mule and the final product will be different.

Anyway, cautious approach seems to be required here but I'm not going to completely write them off either.

Page 3 of 4 (47 items) < Previous 1 2 3 4 Next >

ADVERTISEMENT

©2007 ScooterSales.com.au