Scooter
Community

Upgrading from Piaggio Fly recommendations

Last post 11-29-2017 02:04 PM by shurik. 54 replies.
Page 1 of 4 (55 items) 1 2 3 4 Next >
Sort Posts: Previous Next
  • 09-22-2017 04:24 PM

Upgrading from Piaggio Fly recommendations

Hi everyone. Had my Piaggio Fly 150i for about 5 years now. 30,000km later, it's time for an update. Haven't researched the new models yet, but from looking at the latest Fly - there are little if any differences. So probably will upgrade to a 200-300cc model. Preferably within a $5,000 price guide, but can go a little higher.

Any recommendations? Have to say, I was very happy with the Piaggio, so was thinking of maybe going for one of the Vespa models.

Thank you

• 09-22-2017 07:41 PM In reply to

Re: Upgrading from Piaggio Fly recommendations

Hi 

Can you get a 300 vespa for $5000 ?

• 09-22-2017 10:25 PM In reply to

jpfvita:

Hi 

Can you get a 300 vespa for $5000 ?

No even the GTS 150 3v is over 6 grand and welcome back i missed you even if no one else did Stick out tongue

Si ‘Thi’ later
  • 09-22-2017 10:30 PM In reply to

Yeah I looked them up, bloody expensive. The 300 definitely looks good, might have to double my budget though. Hopefully they are worth the money. Don't really see how spending $6-7k for a 150cc Vespa when I can get the Piaggio 150 for about half price.

• 09-22-2017 10:46 PM In reply to

Honda SH 150 is $4790 otr here in SA Kymco 200s range (163cc) should be well under your budget  or maybe see how close to 5 grand you can get a Suzuki Burgman 200 for . Lets face it scooter sales are stagnant nothing much new on the market so bargain hard the balls in your court at the moment Big Smile

Si ‘Thi’ later
  • 09-23-2017 08:43 PM In reply to

Pyrah makes some worthy recommendations here. I sight the Agility 16 in ever increasing numbers. Honda are doing great deals on their scooter range until the end of September - worlds longest sale. I see Freedom Motorcycles at Brookvale have the new SH 150 at an attractive price (NSW).

And the little, not so little Burger 200 is something, surprisingly, I could tip myself into. You could even get out of the city on enjoyable B road adventures.  I sat on one again today. With 41ltr underseat cavenous storage you might even save by not needing a top box. You should be able to pick up a low mileage pre-loved unit within your budget.

• 09-23-2017 09:54 PM In reply to

Thought of another the SYM HD2 if  only you can find otr for less than $5000 instead of the $6000 think 171cc  11.2 kw so should go alright Smile

Si ‘Thi’ later
  • 09-23-2017 10:06 PM In reply to

Lol thanks pyrah  I think 😵

And the HD2 look pretty good aswel 

• 09-23-2017 10:12 PM In reply to

A Burgman 200 for sure if you could get hold of one 

• 09-23-2017 10:30 PM In reply to

Hi shurik,

Are you willing to buy used? And whereabouts are you? Also, does your budget include the money you would get selling the Fly (assuming that is what you do)?

In Sydney/NSW you could buy a second hand GTS250 or GT200 for your budget with a little patience. More likely to find a good one in that price range buying in winter, ie. non-riding season for some peeps. It will likely have a few kms on it, but with a regular service history both those scoots/engines have got good reputations for reliability.

Good luck with your search. Ride safe, J

Ride safe.
    _________

Riding: Doc, a 2009 Derbi GP1 250
  • 09-24-2017 09:24 AM In reply to

If yr in Sydney, Scooteria on P-matta Rd at Stanmore have some good prices on Sym in the size that U want...Symphony 200 at $3800, HS 2 at $5000.

NO idea if this is on-road cost

http://www.scooteria.com.au/scooters

Aprilia 200ie
  • 09-25-2017 01:19 PM In reply to

Thanks for the suggestions everyone. I'll hit the shops this/next weekend to get a feel for the options. Before I got my Fly, I was very close to getting a Kymco, glad I didn't. Over the years I've noticed how the wear and tear look at both and my Fly almost looks new (aside from physical damage) and always kept outside in the sun/rain. Most Kymcos (and other brands actually) rust away and look "old".

At this point leaning more towards GTS250, but as I said, need to get out there and see what's available first. :-)

• 09-25-2017 01:21 PM In reply to

I'm in Sydney. And I would prefer to get new or very low kms second hand. Will just need to increase my budget more toward $8/9k to be realistic. 

jshowyin:

Hi shurik,

Are you willing to buy used? And whereabouts are you? Also, does your budget include the money you would get selling the Fly (assuming that is what you do)?

• 09-25-2017 01:34 PM In reply to

You could twist a dealers arm and ride away with a new run-out Vespa GTS 250 for $8k (NSW). No ABS or traction control, but .... capable scootering.

You have to like their limited colour choice, but these remaining 250s represent good value compared to an iget 150 Prim or Sprint 

• 09-25-2017 01:50 PM In reply to

Are the ABS/Traction extra features or a different model altogether? I was trying to find out how old the current model is and if there is anything new coming out soon. Always prefer to get the latest model, even if it means paying/waiting more.

aspro boy:

You could twist a dealers arm and ride away with a new run-out Vespa GTS 250 for $8k (NSW). No ABS or traction control, but .... capable scootering.

Page 1 of 4 (55 items) 1 2 3 4 Next >

ADVERTISEMENT

©2007 ScooterSales.com.au