Scooter
Community

Yamaha Tricity 155 - a story

Last post 02-05-2018 07:21 AM by aspro boy. 4 replies.
Page 1 of 1 (5 items)
Sort Posts: Previous Next
  • 01-30-2018 10:06 PM

Yamaha Tricity 155 - a story

I'm a heads-up starter to buy one of these scoots. It's complicated. Well I am if you can actually feel supported buying this product. The presentation and demonstration set-up for the Yamaha Tricity 155 at the recent Sydney Motorcycle Show could seduce you to believe Yamaha had faith in capturing a market share with this uprated machine. But there the story (or support) seems to end. There seems little willingness for dearlers to hold them as stock. They'll order one with a deposit, though. And all dealships are a considerable distance from the inner urban jungle. Yamaha have not supplied a demonstrator, to anyone, either. None of this makes sense to me. I have never appreciated it can be so hard to spend money.

And the same equation could be applied to Yamahas other small capacity scoots: Delight 125, Nmax 155 (when it arrives). These scoots will also be marketed outside of their natural habitat. It is difficult to imagine any real sales numbers being generated.

The dealer at Kogarah won't get one in until they have shifted a Tricity 125, currently floor stock (I won't hold my breath). Next options are Paramatta, then Meadowbank, heading to Liverpool or Campbeltown. And I live at Bondi. Add to this short service intervals and it starts to stack as all too hard.

Shake a leg Yamaha. I did receieve a nice colour booklet with all 2018 models inclusive. Oink

• 01-31-2018 10:15 PM In reply to

Re: Yamaha Tricity 155 - a story

yes asps, i recall U saying that no-one near the east has one on the floor....crazy, IMHO.

And, yes, re the 125 at Kogarah. Unless it's mighty cheap, why would the punter not wait for the 155 ?

Similar but understandable here in Lithgow. I have talked Xmax 300 with the guys down the street who are happy to get one in...assuming I'm buying.

Mind U , with the Ag Bikes and B I G road bikes that seem to be the staple up here, I kinda get it unlike U , living in "Scooter Central", Sydney East...BUT NO YAMMIE DEALER NEAR U WILL SELL U A 155 SCOOTER!

Aprilia 200ie
  • 02-02-2018 08:34 AM In reply to

Yep, to me it is like wanting a fish meal, but by-passing the fish markets, heading down to hire a boat, then steaming out Sydney Heads 28k to the continental shelf to drop a line over the side hoping to catch something worthwhile. Would you? It appears they're not selling these scooters, you must go out and energetically buy one.

Sounds like you have settled comfortably in Lithgow MD. Good to hear from you. And I think your choice for the Yammie 300, for where you now live, a good one. What eventually happened to the Scarb? 

I hope others continue to post occassionally. There has been some meaningful and helpful information shared on this site.

Yes, I miss Pyrah as I am sure most of us do. But I also still miss Santa Claus, but Christmas goes on regardless.

• 02-04-2018 09:15 AM In reply to

Yeah, Yamaha Australia has never been very interested in their own scooter products. I believe that was always a bit of an issue with T-Max as well - getting one was one thing, finding someone at Yamaha knowledgeable and willing to service/repair it quite another.

It's a shame.

• 02-05-2018 07:21 AM In reply to

Thanks for the heads-up take on the Yamaha scooter story. It becomes self evident when you become involved. You wonder why they bother, then.

I haven't let go of the idea of the 155 Tricity just yet, but be buggered if I am going to let Yamaha make it hard for me.

Page 1 of 1 (5 items)

ADVERTISEMENT

©2007 ScooterSales.com.au