Scooter
Community

Yamaha Tricity 155 - Owner Review

Last post 03-31-2019 05:45 PM by aspro boy. 15 replies.
Page 2 of 2 (16 items) < Previous 1 2
Sort Posts: Previous Next
  • 03-31-2019 05:45 PM In reply to

Re: Yamaha Tricity 155 - Owner Review

Yamaha Tricity 155 @ 1 year and 3k: these are not big numbers, but enough to formulate my impressions. This is a capable scooter, but not a refined one. I guess it was to keep the price down in an endevour to seduce buyers toward this non traditional format. It is fit for purpose. I don't believe multi leaning wheel will become mainstream, but I see this format being adopted steadily; Honda has now picked up the baton for their future X-Adventure.

Pros: handbrake - flat floor - protective front apron - small but feisty motor - security

Cons: weight - trickle speed tight cornering - grumbly exhaust note - firm ride (suspension) - feisty but small motor - it's not Honda quality

It is a terrific utilitarian scooter, with the ability to do loaded shopping and across city trips capably. It has been subject to a Yamaha recall recently, with the cheap plastic coolant bottle feed hose subject to premature deterioration (these sort of things are a phaf if the dealer is not local). I do think about replacing it come next summer, just for last rides pleasure, but I can't identify with what. It does have certain character that draws you in. 

Will they do a Tricity 300?

Page 2 of 2 (16 items) < Previous 1 2

ADVERTISEMENT

©2007 ScooterSales.com.au