Scooter
Community

2020 Yamaha Tricity 300

Last post 05-06-2021 05:22 PM by aspro boy. 17 replies.
Page 2 of 2 (18 items) < Previous 1 2
Sort Posts: Previous Next
  • 03-09-2021 09:09 PM In reply to

Re: 2020 Yamaha Tricity 300

You made it happen, Tony. I have learnt from you to just give a few rides a go. If it doesnt work out, then try something else.

I pass a white 155 parked alongside a cycleway traverse to Bunnings in Alexandria. The reason I mention this unit over the many others I see is that he also had his tricked with a few 'goodies', including a larger screen. I thought it looked good. But recently he converted back to the original screen. I've been wondering why since. The NMAX 155 is certainly popular about these parts.

Enjoy! Touch base again and let me know how you are travelling with this ride.

• 05-05-2021 06:49 PM In reply to

How are things Mark . . .

The NMax is going along fine (2500kms) - Have fitted some extra parts so as to "tart" it up a bit. Averages mearly 50km per litre.

Initially the ride was a bit hard, but is ok now - it handles well for a smaller bike. I have fitted a screen to keep out the cold a bit.

So far, so good ...

Cheers

• 05-06-2021 05:22 PM In reply to

Hi Tony, I'd like to confess that it is good to hear from you. Over the last weeks I have been thinking to drop you a line, but the weather has been so good following a shabby summer that I have been out n about doing what I call 'picnic' rides; packing some lunch and a book, then heading to somewhere idyllic on one of my rides. And so it's been.

The NMax 155 is still a popular choice about these parts - even though a nearest dealer is some distance away. A local, large dealer informed me only last week that they have secured a Yamaha franchise for all LAMS units. This is an overdue stategic move by Yamaha in my view. 

The NMax 155 trumps the PCX 150 with extended service intervals. And for much courier work this offers a better platform. Small scooter courier work in this part of the world resembles busy bees around the hive.

The latest PCX 160 (landed) is now a four valve 157cc unit, not 149cc. I'm assuming the service intervals have been extended to compete with the Nmax 155.

What is of interest is the change in legislation: if not landed by November this year, no bike under 125cc can be sold without linked bakes or better. No bike 125 or over can be sold without ABS front and rear. This knocks Honda about considerably-- no ADV 150, PCX 160, SH 150, CT125, Monkey 125. The NMax 155 is a survivor in this category. The Vespa 150s will suffer unless upgraded. But at what price will the improved spec. Vespa 150 be offered? Silly money for a 3 valve air cooled 150 I would think. 

Meanwhile I contine to enjoy the GTS300 hpe Supetech for rides farther away from home - and the CT125 for local shunting. The CT is wickedly useful about these parts - and a 'character' ride.

It's good to hear that you're enjoying the NMax. It's a feisty little motor. What screen to you affix?

Speak soon .... Mark

Page 2 of 2 (18 items) < Previous 1 2

ADVERTISEMENT

©2007 ScooterSales.com.au