Scooter
Community

Theft white Piaggio Fly

Last post 06-04-2020 11:32 AM by tonyr. 3 replies.
Page 1 of 1 (4 items)
Sort Posts: Previous Next
  • 05-31-2020 12:20 PM

• sam77
    • Top 500 Contributor
    • Joined on 04-16-2011
    • Posts 40

Theft white Piaggio Fly

Hi, just letting you know that someone stole my white 2010 Piaggio Fly 150cc (rego 1FB128) from Mosman Park WA last night. The bike was in excellent condition. The strange thing is when I went looking for it this morning I saw a white Piaggio Fly in Claremont with a big orange reported sticker on it and thought great I’ve found it. I went over to it and noted that it had damage but then realised it wasn’t my bike. It was a 125cc with rego 1EE899. That scooter was set up for Uber eats or some delivery service. The plates were on the bike so it’s not as if they wanted to put those plates on my bike ? What are the odds though of seeing another stolen white Fly on the same day...

Anyway if anyone knows anything or sees it in WA please let me know. 

If the thieves return the bike undamaged I’ll give $250 cash for it no questions asked. 

Thanks

ggbooth@ozemail.com.au

update; went looking for the bike the next day was driving up a street when three young kids (white males) about 10-15yo sped out

of a lane on my bike. I turned around and tried to chase them but they sped off. They obviously are local to Mosman Park

Western Australia. I’ve emailed all the local schools and will put out flyers (not that the parents could give a sheit). Apparently several scooters have been stolen and dumped in the last 3 weeks.

I suppose the moral of the story is to lock up your bike and assume the thieves will come for it.

• 06-01-2020 11:29 AM In reply to

Re: Theft white Piaggio Fly

Sam -

Hope you recover your bike.

If you do, buy a front/rear disc lock - then you are unlikely to ever have the bike stolen again.

Cheers

• 06-04-2020 09:44 AM In reply to

• sam77
    • Top 500 Contributor
    • Joined on 04-16-2011
    • Posts 40

update: bike was followed to a house near Kwinana, 3 suspects arrested and bike recovered.

• 06-04-2020 11:32 AM In reply to

Good news Sam - happy scooter-ing .

Cheers

Page 1 of 1 (4 items)

ADVERTISEMENT

©2007 ScooterSales.com.au