Scooter
Community

in
ADVERTISEMENT
Vespa

My new Daelim NS125

Last post 06-26-2009 08:36 PM by Jubbo70. 58 replies.
Page 3 of 4 (59 items) < Previous 1 2 3 4 Next >
Sort Posts: Previous Next
  • 03-22-2008 09:59 AM In reply to

• petegailey
    • Top 10 Contributor
    • Joined on 03-03-2008
    • Cleared off, up the Mid Nth Coast
    • Posts 7,090

Re: My new Daelim NS125

Ive found a site where you can download a free daelim NS125DLX service manual. It is a huge download (nearly 45mb) but its all there and its free. Go to http://www.scootdawg.com/page3 and follow the links
    Daelim NS 125: Mighty 1st scoot from Korea that punched way above its weight. Sold
    Vespa GTS 250: Modern Retro brilliance. I'll ride it til it dies.Traded in on a maxi.
    Suzuki DR650: "That Thing" Excellent Single 650 thumper chook chaser that was too tall. Sold
    Yamaha T Max: Best Maxi out there and serious canyon racer. Sold
    Triumph Bonneville: Modern Retro brilliance with the sweetest parallel twin.
    BMW F800R: The Naked Hun. Great intro into sports bikes.
    Gilera Runner FXR 180: 2 stroke scooter missile from Piaggio.
    Gilera Nexus 500. Sexy like red Italian stilettos.
    Yamaha RZ250RR: Retro Japanese 2 stroke racer.
  • 03-22-2008 12:27 PM In reply to

Perhaps Allen can upload this to our "Downloads" section as we have a number of NS125 owners.

cheers 

------------------------------------------
    David
    Vespa GTS 300 Super
  • 03-26-2008 03:59 PM In reply to

• allen
    • Top 10 Contributor
    • Joined on 07-19-2007
    • Sydney NSW Australia
    • Posts 6,248

yes will do anything like that just shoot me a link and we can put it on scootercommunity

Advertise your scooter for FREE on Scootersales.com.au
    www.scootersales.com.au
    www.quadsales.com.au
  • 03-31-2008 06:47 AM In reply to

• Makk
    • Not Ranked
    • Joined on 03-31-2008
    • Sydney
    • Posts 3

Gday pete & paul,

I'm Another happy Daelim owner like u guys.

Me & my brother both have the silver Daelim's ( i was trying to get the gunmetal grey but it wasnt to be not in stock), take it to work everyday. Like Pete i dont touch the car anymore, it just much more fun to ride around with the scooter (my wife doesnt agree), i remind her i drive a bus in Sydney for a living.

Just glad to find out other happy owners, of the NS 125.

Thanks to the Gents from Scooter HQ, i called & hassled them quite a few times about the Daelim when i was researching before i bought it.

A week later my brother bvought one too. Another happy commuter.

I   

• 03-31-2008 08:30 PM In reply to

• Paul Jam
    • Top 200 Contributor
    • Joined on 10-26-2007
    • Brisbane - Southside
    • Posts 130

Hi Makk,

Good to hear from another satisfied Daelim customer!  It really is surprising that there aren't more dealers around selling them, I guess that just makes us a bit more exclusiveWink.  I really don't have anything bad to say about the ns125, just feels rock-solid with all it does.

• 03-31-2008 10:33 PM In reply to

• Makk
    • Not Ranked
    • Joined on 03-31-2008
    • Sydney
    • Posts 3

Gday Paul i actually left out of my previous post, that when i was reseaching the Ns 125 i only found your review (from your first postings on this site) was the only review i can say that i found on the net in australia about an owner reveiwing an Ns 125.

So i have to thank you for being candid & honest in your review. B'cos you helped me into making the right decision.

"It really is surprising that there aren't more dealers around selling them" you posted.

I actually asked the importer in sydney the same question, they said they never got around to structure a dealership system, but they were looking into it.

I also agree that the daelim is rock solid & as far as i know is the best 125 out there that isn't highly priced & gives max performance for the money we paid.

I just read at scooter hq that they're bringing in the efi version of the daelim 125cc.

That's interesting...

• 04-01-2008 08:49 PM In reply to

• petegailey
    • Top 10 Contributor
    • Joined on 03-03-2008
    • Posts 7,090

Ive got 1700 on the clock now and the scoot has really settled in nicely. Ride 50plus k's/day. In the beginning it was sometimes a little 'gravely' but now is running like a sewing machine. I sometimes yearn for some extra cc's when im up over 100k/h and I hit a hill ..but hell, its a commuter and its perfect for that (and being able to get to 130 would probably get me into trouble}.. I still havn't got to compare it with other scoots but it feels good to me. I think Zoot at Annandale are still dealing them if anyone is interested. Hey Makk, What was it that made you and your bro choose the daliem? Also where are the blind spots when you are ridding around a bus? Just taken to wearing one of those fluro vests. daggy but good for visibility. Also got a good pair of leather gauntlets for the cool mornings. It has been fantastic scooter weather in Sydney lately but how do you keep knees warm in winter. Good to have you guys on the road.
    Daelim NS 125: Mighty 1st scoot from Korea that punched way above its weight. Sold
    Vespa GTS 250: Modern Retro brilliance. I'll ride it til it dies.Traded in on a maxi.
    Suzuki DR650: "That Thing" Excellent Single 650 thumper chook chaser that was too tall. Sold
    Filed under:
  • 04-01-2008 11:48 PM In reply to

• Paul Jam
    • Top 200 Contributor
    • Joined on 10-26-2007
    • Brisbane - Southside
    • Posts 130

Glad you found my review helpful in making your decision Makk.  At that stage had only just got the daelim, but several months on and 2000km's later I still love it and don't regret my choice of scoot at all.  I found reviews on the NS125 on the previous incarnation of this forum, which helped me to make my decision.  Certainly is handy to have access to all the info this forum provides.

Thanks pete also for the link to the NS125 service manual.  Have downloaded it and although most of it is probably out of my league to put to use, is a very good resource to have.

• 04-02-2008 12:02 AM In reply to

Paul Jam:
    Thanks pete also for the link to the NS125 service manual.  Have downloaded it and although most of it is probably out of my league to put to use, is a very good resource to have

Even if you use a dealer to service your scoot, workshop manuals can come in handy if for example you want to change a globe and need to know how to get to it.  Owners manuals often do not help much with minor maintenance issues.

David
    Vespa GTS 300 Super
  • 04-02-2008 10:20 AM In reply to

Hi guys, this is my first post but have read a few of the threads. I also bought an NS125 the other day and it is good so far. I am used to high horsepower sports bikes and motard bikes so I am getting used to the scooter feeling rather than the feeling of my other bike which is a KTM 525. Anyway bought the scoot to ride to work with my gf on the back (KTM is one seat and very high maintenance) so i wanted decent power big comfy seat, big fuel tank and good quality with low maintenance. I went in to buy a EuroMX150 but test rode it I didn't like the seat (personal preference it felt like it tipped me forward and my gf was a little bit cramped) I also felt like I definitely didn't want any less power than that so bought the NS125 and got a good deal off the scooter HQ guys who were super helpful.

So i am really happy with the scooter so far, it is comfy, fast enough for my low speed inner Brisbane commute (i can never have enough power). The only downer i have had so far is that i went to buy an open face helmet yesterday in bris, rode the scoot over to the valley at lunch time to another scooter shop and the guy instead of selling me a helmet decided to trash talk my scoot. I was wondering on the way over there if they'd be weird that i bought it elsewhere and then went in there for a helmet and thought no way, but yes this guy seemed put out. I had a helmet in one hand, the cash in the other and he wants to know how much i paid and then said it was a bad deal and he would never take it as a trade in, he made out he had never heard of the brand etc. Just a load of BS which i laughed off and i am happy with my scooter so its all good but i won't be going there again. He also tried to sell me a jacket which i didn't like and a scooter that was totally inappopriate for my requirement.

Happy scootering people, glad to be zipping around on my Daelim, its sweet. To be honest the part i am loving most is wearing my suit (with leather jacket) on the bike and the open face helmet so much better than having to change into bike gear and full face just to crawl along at 20kph. Also 15 mins to work now instead of 40 and commute cost for the two of us just got drastically reduced.

• 04-02-2008 11:02 AM In reply to

Glad you're happy with it. I can't believe that a Scooter Shop would bad mouth any Daelim product as they are brilliant scooters, just look at the feedback here. I've had three NS125's and about to have number four now my mighty Mio100 has a new owner.

www.scooterhq.com.au

Where the scooters roam free
  • 04-02-2008 12:07 PM In reply to

Scooter HQ:

Glad you're happy with it. I can't believe that a Scooter Shop would bad mouth any Daelim product as they are brilliant scooters, just look at the feedback here. I've had three NS125's and about to have number four now my mighty Mio100 has a new owner.

Sadly I am not surprised that a scooter shop would bad mouth an opposition product,  I've seen that sort of thing time and time again in sorts of areas of business,  what these "clowns" don't seem to comprehend is that most people see through them and recognise their rantings as unprofessional behaviour.

So instead of the bad mouthing a competitors product winning the customer over, they lose a prospective customer for all time Sad 

David
    Vespa GTS 300 Super
  • 04-02-2008 01:41 PM In reply to

• Makk
    • Not Ranked
    • Joined on 03-31-2008
    • Sydney
    • Posts 3

G'day Pete,

What was it that made you and your bro choose the daliem?

Well i better start from the begining,  i was researching on the net about scooters, i was looking in the range of 125 to 250.  Then settled for a 125cc scooter, as i was gathering all my data, i was looking at everything about 125cc scoots from brakes (disk or drum), servicing schedule, Weight of the scooter & looks etc..  But the most important for me was performance, power or power to weight ratio. So i had it down to about 3 scooters Daelim ns 125, Peuguet Jetforce (i would have bought the compressor if it was available in Aus.) & Honda @ 125. I scratched the Honda (although the most powerful) the rear brakes were drum, then i scratched the jetforce b'cos i found numerous blogs that said that the jetforce had to be revved up to really get going off the mark. So i settled with the daelim.

I have to admit i was just after the most bang for my buck. a right balance between power, weight, performance & looks. The Dealim Ns125 seemed to be pretty much it in the 125 cc range available in australia.

I'd deffinely go for the Derbi Gp1 250 in the 250cc range though...

Went directly to the importer Asia Motors in Moorebank which are the importers of the scoot to Australia (as far as i know) & purchased the scoot.

My brother was initially going to purchase a Suzuki GS 500, once he rode my scoot he loved it & a week later decided to get one as well.

We've never looked back ever since, coming up on 900k's.

Pete, you & Paul Jam have done quite a few k's, thats good to hear that you guys havent had any major problems with the scoot.

Pete asked "Also where are the blind spots when you are ridding around a bus"?

Mate unfortunately there are quite a few blind spots on the bus & it changes from bus to bus, different makes, different lengths , the most important one's as far as i know (i'm no expert) is the front door area & just behind it on the left hand side of the bus, just underneath the bus driver &  immediatly behind on the righthand side.

I just want to say ever since i've been riding a scooter my view on motorcyclists in general have changed.  But i never forget that if i or anyone (as a motorcylist) am involved in a crash (god forbid) that i (the motorcyclist) will be coming off second best from it. So don't try to wiz around (cutting up, going in between lanes) any heavy vehicle wether bus, truck etc. I witness it everyday on the streets in sydney & have witnessed some nasty accidents involved with heavy vehicles &/or motorcyclist, bycycle riders with fatalities.

Lets not forget the human factor of it being impossible for a heavy vehicle driver to see everything & concentrate on everything around him all the time.

• 04-02-2008 07:35 PM In reply to

• petegailey
    • Top 10 Contributor
    • Joined on 03-03-2008
    • Posts 7,090

Thanks for the post. I couldn't afford Italian and I had it narrowed down to a bolwell hd200 or the daelim. It was bang for the buck that I was after plus I couldn't find a bad review on the daelim and the bolwelll was nearly $5grand on the road. I probably will upgrade one day but i plan to ride the daelim for some time yet. Sobering stuff on riding around the wheels of heavy vehicles. thanks for that. Enjoy the indian summer.
  • 04-16-2008 08:01 AM In reply to

• Messiahmonkey
    • Top 500 Contributor
    • Joined on 04-15-2008
    • Port Macquarie ( Gods Country)
    • Posts 68

Paul,

It appear that you obviously did not ask or try a helmet in the storage of the VS 125 as my full face helmets fits  just i might add though.

I have the metalic maron / red vs 125 though i do have some issuse with it (refer to my scoota review post), but overall i'm impressed.

I bought my Vs for $3400 registered & delivered from Tamworth, but one thing i'm pissed of with is the fact that i'm gunna have to ride to Tamworth twice ( in the frigggin winter mind you) just to get my warranty / issuse fixed & serviceing as there is no dealer in Port Mac.

What is the Daelim  125 worth?

What features are there better or worse as oppossed to the VS 125?

Does it really work out to be a cheaper scoot in comparison to the extra features?

Please if some one can, make a comparison of features & specs between the 2 scoots.

Kind Regards

Ron. 

Kind Regards
    Ron.

Bolwell VS 125 Metalic mooron / red of course!
Page 3 of 4 (59 items) < Previous 1 2 3 4 Next >

ADVERTISEMENT

©2007 ScooterSales.com.au