ADVERTISEMENT

Scooter
Community

Is JiaJue Scooters good value for Money and what is the top speed?

Last post 12-31-2012 08:08 PM by tracktune. 132 replies.
Page 1 of 9 (133 items) 1 2 3 4 5 Next > ... Last »
Sort Posts: Previous Next
  • 02-07-2008 10:40 PM

• MaccaDbig
    • Not Ranked
    • Joined on 02-07-2008
    • Mount Isa
    • Posts 5

Is JiaJue Scooters good value for Money and what is the top speed?

Hi Guys and Girls, I am new to the scooter would and am wondering if the JiaJue scooters good value for money as I mechanically minded on small engines and would do all repairs and servicing my self.  Would it be possible to get 105kmph out of the 150cc if broken in properly?  For example proper servicing, changing any cheap parts ie hoses/airfilters etc.

Thanks for your information. Big Smile

• 02-07-2008 11:58 PM In reply to

Re: Is JiaJue Scooters good value for Money and what is the top speed?

MaccaDbig:

Hi Guys and Girls, I am new to the scooter would and am wondering if the JiaJue scooters good value for money as I mechanically minded on small engines and would do all repairs and servicing my self.  Would it be possible to get 105kmph out of the 150cc if broken in properly?  For example proper servicing, changing any cheap parts ie hoses/airfilters etc.

Certainly the price of the JiaJue scooters is attractive,  but the performance of their 150cc scooters (top speed 90-95 km/h) is woeful compared with the likes of many smaller engine Taiwanese, European or Japanese scoots. 

I've ridden a current model Honda Lead 100cc that was able to easily reach 90 km/h,  the likes of the Bug Agility 125, Vmoto Monaco 125, Bowell Jet 100, Bolwell VS125, Yamaha BeeWee 100, Vespa LX125 despite their smaller engines would all perform better and all come with a FULL warranty not just a partial parts warranty from an e-Bay supplier.........  If you read the full warranty conditions of the JiaJue, some major parts only have a 6 month parts warranty and some parts are not covered at all, such as piston rings, bearings, clutch, drive belt etc!

Personally, if money is a major consideration, I would prefer to buy a used quality scoot rather than touch an e-Bay "no-name" scooter with uncertain quality and/or parts supply. 

Deklan 

“It’s not the destination but the journey”
    Vespa GT200 in Grigio (Smokey Grey)

• 02-08-2008 06:16 AM In reply to

I agree with Kiwi, Mac. 

I remember a conversation similar once cropped up back at the scootersales forum and I expressed my agreeance on the matter then too BUT  I wasn't prepared to rubbish them that quickly or tar them all with the same brush.  Now I don't have the experience that some in the industry have had with these "chinese" scoots but in the dirt bike side of things some examples were reported to be exceptional. Again I can't say which ones but as the sister-in-law to an Aussie Motorcross champ told me , they (the family) got hold of a couple of these "chinese" dirt bikes and they were great. Being up to their eyeballs dyed in the wool, motorcross and dirt hoons, they thrashed the living daylights ourt of them. They however did have to change a number of bolts in one and near the whole lot in some plus some some fiddly parts like footpegs. Bolts and things were just plain mild steel so they changed them to hi-ten stuff and stainless cages for the footpegs and away they went. 

BUT with this in mind, I still think I wouldn't be using them for the road, daily commuting etc but I wouldn't hesitate in having it as a track hack/weapon that you not afraid to drop while learning or something you can tamper/fiddle with and not be afraid to do something wrong with.  Maybe even cut and chop and turn it into a drag bike.  ME? I'd really like to have a lower more leaned forward race bike postion with clip on race bars like the big sports bike have.  Again, just something I'd use for the track.

Well, just my thoughts..... Have fun and take care whatever you do.....

Ya just can't beat having a good tinker.....
  • 02-08-2008 08:53 AM In reply to

• allen
    • Top 10 Contributor
    • Joined on 07-19-2007
    • Sydney NSW Australia
    • Posts 6,163

any links to JiaJue?  interested to have a look myself at what they are .

Advertise your scooter for FREE on Scootersales.com.au
    www.scootersales.com.au
    www.quadsales.com.au
  • 02-08-2008 09:01 AM In reply to

• allen
    • Top 10 Contributor
    • Joined on 07-19-2007
    • Sydney NSW Australia
    • Posts 6,163

found it through a google where i found this thread was on top. You cant knock them for price $1850.

The thing for me would be watching a newbie to scooters etc place the front wheel and do a pre delivery of the scooter. It just scares me. How you pre deliver a scooter equals what the thing is going to feel like in the future. How safe it is and how long it will last. Pre delivery on chinese product is CRITICAL.

But if you know all about this dont have an issue and are willing to go through the registration process then 1800 bucks is dirt cheap. The thing wont last forever and you need to realise that youve purchased on price. Apart from this i would expect it to start, run and go and stop just like scooters in this mould do.  

www.scootersales.com.au
    www.quadsales.com.au
  • 02-08-2008 09:03 AM In reply to

• allen
    • Top 10 Contributor
    • Joined on 07-19-2007
    • Sydney NSW Australia
    • Posts 6,163

good feedback Kiwi

www.scootersales.com.au
    www.quadsales.com.au
  • 02-08-2008 11:01 AM In reply to

Never trust a scooter that has a name similar to a floppy eared star wars character, I always say.

• 02-08-2008 11:04 AM In reply to

Not another NS125 look a like.

I'd never buy a scoot without seeing it and riding it. One thing you have to ask is where do you get parts from. I know scooter dealers & bike shops won't work on some of the lesser known imports.

www.scooterhq.com.au

Where the scooters roam free
  • 02-08-2008 11:41 AM In reply to

allen:
    found it through a google where i found this thread was on top.

It amazes me how often when I "Google" for information on scooters that I find ScooterCommunity in the top 5 or 10 places,  and frequently I find ScooterSales there too!!    Great stuff Allen. 

Deklan 

“It’s not the destination but the journey”
    Vespa GT200 in Grigio (Smokey Grey)

• 03-02-2008 06:34 PM In reply to

hi guys, i am actually thinking of purchasing the jiajue as my first bike. Ive read all the comments in this post and it is making me think twice lol..

it fits my price range and i will purely be buying it to run around in..wont be used too often. Just to and from work which is a 15min ride and rides to the local shops for essentials. im not much of a traveller. 

can anyone assure me of any positives of the jiajue if any? lol and in your opinion if it would be ok as a first choice buy for myself as a beginner in regards to the use and needs of mine which ihave stated? You guys have been of great assistance.

cheers 

• 03-02-2008 08:24 PM In reply to

I know nothing of the brand but generally the Chinese make good engines and transmissions but crap body panels and even worse paint jobs. Make sure you can get parts for the thing, probably throw the original tyres in the bin and flog it until it dies. The most you'll lose is $1850. If that is all you can afford then it will probably be way more reliable than some old car for the same money. (and it will probably last longer and cost less to run)

• 03-02-2008 09:20 PM In reply to

lol cheers haddles.

• 03-02-2008 09:46 PM In reply to

Just saw an ad on Ebay for them. There is a photo of one showing how a slab of Bundy fits under the seat. That's the sort of Sh*t that sells scooters. They reckon you can get 2 bottles of wine in there as well! Here is a company that has asked the customer what they want. Lockable matching topbox only $55 extra. Probably get another slab in there too.

• 03-02-2008 10:03 PM In reply to

Just reading their website quote" the products have wined many honorary titles such as “State reliable products”, “State quality supervised products” and “State non-complaint feedback”.

I like the fact that they come to you in a carton by courier and you have to assemble them yourself (tool supplied!?!) that would be pretty cool doing it yourself. (Imagine the instructions. Fashion the wheel tightening hexagonal in a wise clockwards motion until grip has been obtained sufficient to ensure lockage of the armature within the structure)

The only downside that I can see is the possibly woeful resale, but don't kid yourself, I got offered $200 trade in for my Bug Jive which cost more than the JiaJue did and was fully predelivered. Needless to say i'm keeping the Jive till it dies and it is showing no signs of it yet.

• 03-03-2008 01:00 AM In reply to

Hm,..........personally I wouldn't purchase a scooter especially a minor brand over eBay. This is because by going to a reputatable dealer you can see a range of displays, they provide you with services and you get to maintain an ongoing relationship with them. They are always just a phone call away, gives you free advice and you will feel a bit more relaxed knowing that nothing is going to go wrong.

Whilst you are mechanically minded, you might not have access to shop manuals, parts and items could be of a different size to other brands. You might end up having more trouble in the long run. You are less likely to find people that would know about that specific scooter, so people might not be able to talk about your problems. Also, if you are thinkin of upgrading to another scooter later on, then the resale value of these lesser brands are about nothing.

I personally would pay extra to get the services of a dealer. If everyone started selling scooters on eBay and there is no longer any shops, then we would lose all that great service, display, talk to a real person, etc... I think money well spent.

Yamaha Vino 125
Page 1 of 9 (133 items) 1 2 3 4 5 Next > ... Last »

ADVERTISEMENT

©2007 ScooterSales.com.au