Scooter
Community

in
ADVERTISEMENT
Vespa

newbie here

Last post 05-08-2008 07:53 AM by spydie. 2 replies.
Page 1 of 1 (3 items)
Sort Posts: Previous Next
  • 05-07-2008 07:36 PM

• spydie
    • Not Ranked
    • Joined on 05-07-2008
    • Posts 2

newbie here

hi to everyone. my name is viscount, i'm currently here in crete greece.

i just recently bought a brandnew piaggio fly 100 and i was a bit surpized upon learning that the unit was made by zongshen piaggio based on the paperworks from the dealer.

i heard before that there was a tie-up between piaggio & zongshen a couple of years back.

i am wondering if the 125 version is also from zongshen piaggio?

no offense to zongshen, just wondering if all the new piaggio fly models are made by zongshen piaggio. 

• 05-07-2008 08:00 PM In reply to

Re: newbie here

zonshengmotor.com 

yep it seems that way i wouldnt be so worried about having an asian made scooter....

if they wanted to china could produce any product as good as anywhere in the world...

been to veitnam etc...? there is more scoots and moped on the road than people and pizzas and pastas in Italy...

the chinese know ther stuff.... but there is some garbage... as mentioned in another thread... it's the brand now that you look to for quality, not the country of origin

BMW fine german cars you say..... most of the bm's on the road around the word were never born in germany, but that dosent seem to worry anyone...

piaggio knows their stuff, im sure zhong it on the ball...

at least it didnt say Piaggio made by Very Happy Lucky seafood and power equipment company china

• 05-08-2008 07:53 AM In reply to

• spydie
    • Not Ranked
    • Joined on 05-07-2008
    • Posts 2

Re: newbie here

i was not really worried.

i'm sure piaggio would not put their reputation at stake.

although the odo indicates that it has run up to 60km only, it had no trouble going uphill at about 45km/h.

the fairings seems fairly good including the fit.

tomorrow i will pickup the insurance papers and i'll have another reason to take it for a spin. Big Smile

Page 1 of 1 (3 items)

ADVERTISEMENT

©2007 ScooterSales.com.au