Scooter
Community

Scooter Community Polos etc - Where to from here?

Last post 07-30-2008 10:24 PM by kiwiscoota. 37 replies.
Page 1 of 3 (38 items) 1 2 3 Next >
Sort Posts: Previous Next
  • 07-26-2008 12:06 AM

Scooter Community Polos etc - Where to from here?

Hi Guys,

Thanks so much for the great feedback regarding the shirts.  And a big Thanks for your patience and trust.

Keep me informed on how they go like after your 1st wash, etc etc.

I will do another run in the near future for those who are keen to jump on the Polos Band wagon.

I have to laugh at Dak comment about Polos in winter, Jumpers in Summer. What's so wrong with that? K-mart, Big-W and those places do it all the time. But it did take a long time from first idea to final ordering.

Now before anyone asks what's next, I've been thinking that aside from all the chintzy keyrings and things, I'd like to get some quality stuff on the drawing board.

Neck Warmers. Haven't dismissed them all together But an Item that would meet mixed reactions I think. I'm not a big fan of wooly, knitted stuff around my neck especially when riding but I'm sure there are some folks who love em. But not sure the demand would justify the quota needed. But will keep them in mind.

Beanies. Still got them on my mind and have acquired a few more quotes on some different types including a microfleece type. plus having 4-5 different colours to choose from should be interesting.

Caps.  Yep, still coming but like the shirts, I'm not overly happy with getting just any flame ridden, lightened splashed fancy baseball cap and am have some custom coloured quotes replies pending and should find out in the next day or so.  Shouldn't take as long as the shirts for the turnaround.

Stubbie Cooler. Yep Can't forget these favourites. Will get these ready for summer..... or if anyone likes warm beer during the winter???

Weekender Shoulder Bag Now another thing I thought would be cool for us scooterist is something to hold our valuables and some extras when we go on our rides. Not overly big or cumbersone but something to toss over the shoulder that should be able to hold keys, camera, phone, wallets & purses sunnies etc. Big enough to carry it but small enough to fit in your seatbox, topbox etc etc

Can I ask if there are anyone interested in Lanyards. I'd really like to do some lanyards but I need to order a minimum of hundred to be able to do them. Great for well anything from keys to mobiles to security swipe cards. They'll have safety breakaway clips and depending on cost and demand etc will be anything from a simple webbing type to a full embroidered webbing type.

I can look into keyrings as well but maybe someone else can jump on the bandwagon and help get something like this out there.

Anyway, will keep you informed

Play safe in the wet and wintery weather.

Cheers

K

Ya just can't beat having a good tinker.....
  • 07-26-2008 09:04 AM In reply to

Re: Scooter Community Polos etc - Where to from here?

K-star:
    Neck Warmers. Haven't dismissed them all together But an Item that would meet mixed reactions I think. I'm not a big fan of wooly, knitted stuff around my neck especially when riding but I'm sure there are some folks who love em

K-star:
    Stubbie Cooler. Yep Can't forget these favourites. Will get these ready for summer..... or if anyone likes warm beer during the winter

Yes please!!! There's two things we have plenty of down here- cold necks and cold Boags.

Forgot my neckwarmer this morning, and thought my head was going to fall off... 

Tassie's number one scooter dealer.

www.scootershoplaunceston.com.au

info@scootershoplaunceston.com.au
  • 07-26-2008 11:24 AM In reply to

• Denni
    • Top 50 Contributor
    • Joined on 09-27-2007
    • Gold Coast
    • Posts 994

Love the shirt. 

Have sent you a e-mail K-Star re the lanyard.

Wouldn't it be great if we could get scoot covers made with the logo on them. Both my scoots go under cover in the garage. The coat would more than likely be prohibitive but one can dream! 

Knitted  mobile phone covers would good to. 

Just thinking out loud. 

Trusty 'Beo has found a new home.
    New adventures on the BMW 650.

• 07-26-2008 01:20 PM In reply to

the scooter shop:

K-star:
    Neck Warmers. Haven't dismissed them all together But an Item that would meet mixed reactions I think. I'm not a big fan of wooly, knitted stuff around my neck especially when riding but I'm sure there are some folks who love em

Ah yes, the Taswegians.  There's a couple of options and I'll tell you about them . The first is like the dedicated neckwarmer, like a mini boobtoob for your neck and the other is just your basic neck scarf but with they could fly off unless you wrap them on and secure them with your helmet strap or something.

Ok so will see what I can come up with.

Stay Tuned

• 07-26-2008 09:07 PM In reply to

• mttttt
    • Top 50 Contributor
    • Joined on 10-01-2007
    • Brisbane - North
    • Posts 659

I'd be happy with a nice (good quality) t-shirt

Logo position options -
    1. with a larger logo on the back
    OR
    2. smaller logo the front (upper left)
    OR
    3. a medium size logo in the middle chest area

Colours could be -
    1. white
    2. grey marle
    3. black

As for other items I am interested in: mobile sock (mentioned earlier), lanyard, long-sleeve t-shirt, etc!

....and as expected, my wife is NOT interested in me wearing Scooter Community underwear Wink
    Ride a Yamaha CygnusX!
  • 07-26-2008 09:16 PM In reply to

I would love a patch for my Corazzo 5.0. Cool Yes I know I've mentioned it before, several times, I live in hope of people showing interest! Stick out tongue Maybe I'll have to buy another shirt & cut the logo out of it to use on the jacket. Hmm
    Wanda
    Today 50 (2,500km), Montego. Fly (2,500km), Le Grande (7,000km), Vespa PX (200km), Vespa GTS250ie (46,000km), now looking at the world through Ruby coloured glasses on a Vespa GTV300ie Vie Della Moda.
  • 07-26-2008 11:21 PM In reply to

ScootaNut:
    I would love a patch for my Corazzo 5.0. Cool Yes I know I've mentioned it before, several times, I live in hope of people showing interest! Stick out tongue Maybe I'll have to buy another shirt & cut the logo out of it to use on the jacket. Hmm

Snap!!! Nice suggestion, ScootyNut!!! Leave it with us and I'll see what I can find....  Ok More interest in Lanyards from mike so will pursue them as well now.

• 07-27-2008 06:48 PM In reply to

• Dakoda
    • Top 10 Contributor
    • Joined on 09-27-2007
    • Brisbane Bayside
    • Posts 6,372

I am happy with ALL the suggestions

2008-Venice White Aprilia Scarabeo 200 "Marty"
    48,000kms and wriiten off. RIP 2008-2012
    2012 - 2009 Red Aprilia Scarabeo 200
    Named Bomber. 8,000kms in 5months
  • 07-27-2008 06:56 PM In reply to

I'd be interested in the Lanyards and the Patches  Yes

Deklan 

“It’s not the destination but the journey”
    Vespa GT200 in Grigio (Smokey Grey)

• 07-27-2008 10:02 PM In reply to

We have a number of good suggestions for some great stuff but I fear that for me to undertake everything we'd like to do or have would take for ever because I'll be unable to fund it all at once and so would be dragging it out over a longer period of time.

So if there are any generous folk with a good helping of patience, we could get a few more things underway soon.

By this I mean, some of the things we'd like need to be ordered in greater lots than the shirts were. Patches and keyrings can be anywhere from 100-250 upto a 1000 minimum order quota.

Caps, beanies etc are ok at about 50-100 for some places I've looked at.

T-shirts whilst having smaller minimum orders are something that's needed in a range of sizes.

Black Satin embroidered Boxers for Mttttt are a little easier to come by. Minimum order is one and they cost about $1000 each..... Sorry, Mike, you will have to wait because they can't do embroidery small enough for a thong 'kini.

Anyway, what happens is that after the initial outlay of whatever a cost might be for something, you'll get it all back once the items are sold (that's where the time/patience factor comes into it.) and maybe a little more if we add on a $1 or $2 for "administration, packaging & Handling fees etc etc or beer money"

You don't have to do it on your own as I can always help, or even just do it for you and just keep channelling funds back to whoever contributed for whatever items get sold. Whatever is easiest for folk... I think is also fair to that the contributing person has a major hand in designing/choosing elements of their certain item and people would know who to thank/blame.....LOL!!!

Just a suggestion if anyone is interested.  thoughts? Input? Suggestions?

• 07-28-2008 09:11 AM In reply to

• allen
    • Top 10 Contributor
    • Joined on 07-19-2007
    • Sydney NSW Australia
    • Posts 6,248

yeh the suggestions are great and really I just need to throw it open to the members. Kstar did all the work on the shirts with really no help from me and some design work from dozer. 

So really if you have contacts for items then we can do it individually if required. i.e You know somebody that does lanyards then Im quite happy to work with that person to secure the order and contribute funds wise.

Kstar would now have enough artwork to go around as well so the hard work has been done. Maybe we just go in priority of what we want to do first. The shirts took a bit of time due to it being a small run, Kstars own design and finding the right supplier was the biggest hassle. So I would think it should all flow nicely from here.

Anyway well done K on the shirts. Looking forward to mine  

Advertise your scooter for FREE on Scootersales.com.au
    www.scootersales.com.au
    www.quadsales.com.au
  • 07-28-2008 12:19 PM In reply to

• Dakoda
    • Top 10 Contributor
    • Joined on 09-27-2007
    • Brisbane Bayside
    • Posts 6,372

Keyrings!  Now that is something we will all use

2008-Venice White Aprilia Scarabeo 200 "Marty"
    48,000kms and wriiten off. RIP 2008-2012
    2012 - 2009 Red Aprilia Scarabeo 200
    Named Bomber. 8,000kms in 5months
  • 07-28-2008 04:36 PM In reply to

• allen
    • Top 10 Contributor
    • Joined on 07-19-2007
    • Sydney NSW Australia
    • Posts 6,248

Got my polo today, looks great. Thanks for the effort K. Photo coming as new avatar with the shirt on.....  

Advertise your scooter for FREE on Scootersales.com.au
    www.scootersales.com.au
    www.quadsales.com.au
  • 07-28-2008 05:30 PM In reply to

• mttttt
    • Top 50 Contributor
    • Joined on 10-01-2007
    • Brisbane - North
    • Posts 659

K-star:

T-shirts whilst having smaller minimum orders are something that's needed in a range of sizes.

Black Satin embroidered Boxers for Mttttt are a little easier to come by. Minimum order is one and they cost about $1000 each..... Sorry, Mike, you will have to wait because they can't do embroidery small enough for a thong 'kini.

Just a suggestion if anyone is interested.  thoughts? Input? Suggestions?

Hey Craig, think I'll pass on the underwear offer Smile

But as for helping with some of the groundwork/legwork for future 'items', let me know how I can help.....anything from sourcing, to requesting quotes, chasing etc, etc....just let me know!

...but DEFINITELY NO ON THE BOXERS/THONGS/OTHER FORMS OF UNDERWEAR Wink
    Ride a Yamaha CygnusX!
  • 07-28-2008 06:22 PM In reply to

allen:

Got my polo today, looks great. Thanks for the effort K. Photo coming as new avatar with the shirt on.....  

thank god the shirt is on, don't think i could stomach a avatar with the shirt offIck!

unless you are posting on the wrong website/forumWink

argentum melle
Page 1 of 3 (38 items) 1 2 3 Next >

ADVERTISEMENT

©2007 ScooterSales.com.au