Scooter
Community

Best scooters for leaving V8 utes behind?

Last post 09-14-2008 04:34 PM by Dakoda. 45 replies.
Page 1 of 4 (46 items) 1 2 3 4 Next >
Sort Posts: Previous Next
  • 08-03-2008 11:11 AM

Best scooters for leaving V8 utes behind?

Mack Truck
  • 08-03-2008 01:58 PM In reply to

Re: Best scooters for leaving V8 utes behind?

Suzuki Burgman ?

Deklan 

“It’s not the destination but the journey”
    Vespa GT200 in Grigio (Smokey Grey)

• 08-03-2008 03:56 PM In reply to

• Keeper75
    • Top 50 Contributor
    • Joined on 09-27-2007
    • Macarthur, NSW
    • Posts 627

If you are talking at the petrol bowser then anything. Stick out tongue

Otherwise I like Kiwi's suggestion of a 650 Burgman. I think a Nexus, T-Max or Silverwing would also go well. Then there are the Xciting, Fuoco, Satelis and Scarabeo which are all 500's.

The big Burger would be fun though.

A bartender is just a pharmacist with a limited inventory.
  • 08-03-2008 04:23 PM In reply to

satelis verified but not a hsv

argentum melle
  • 08-03-2008 10:00 PM In reply to

• Sonefive
    • Top 500 Contributor
    • Joined on 04-22-2008
    • Nth Beaches
    • Posts 62

Why would you bother, I didn't think riding a scooter was about beating a V8 , rather the opposite. Sounds a bit unsafe to me
  • 08-03-2008 11:04 PM In reply to

Sonefive:
    Why would you bother, I didn't think riding a scooter was about beating a V8 , rather the opposite. Sounds a bit unsafe to me

Well put,  who needs that kind of performance.  I for one don't need to burn off V8's  but then I don't feel the need to prove my manliness Wink

Deklan 

“It’s not the destination but the journey”
    Vespa GT200 in Grigio (Smokey Grey)

• 08-03-2008 11:46 PM In reply to

It's just a fun question.

Mack Truck
  • 08-04-2008 06:36 AM In reply to

ColdCola:
    It's just a fun question.

I'm not usually in the game of trying to leave V8s behind, but I did stay neck and neck with a V8 HSV Clubsport up to when I backed off at 80 (which was the posted speed limit) on Saturday. Smile

Riding the Derbi GP1 250 - "The Grin Machine!"
  • 08-04-2008 07:40 AM In reply to

All you need is enough poke to get infront of cars at the beginning of every traffic light cycle and out of harms way.

Besides , riding scooters means We as road users decided We wanted to save on petrol , time and space in the daily commute. Not race everything and sound loud like most normal motorbikes out there. Im happy with 100cc 's and 90km/h top speed :)

www.ozhonda.com
  • 08-04-2008 11:43 AM In reply to

• Pegasus
    • Top 50 Contributor
    • Joined on 10-18-2007
    • Kingsley, Perth. WA
    • Posts 1,041

I recently wrote a post about pretty much the same thing. http://www.scootercommunity.com.au/forums/t/6190.aspx

The X8 definitely does it.Big Smile

Ride safely everyone.
    Piaggio X8 250ie
    38,000km
  • 08-04-2008 04:49 PM In reply to

bennjamin:

All you need is enough poke to get infront of cars at the beginning of every traffic light cycle and out of harms way.

Besides , riding scooters means We as road users decided We wanted to save on petrol , time and space in the daily commute. Not race everything and sound loud like most normal motorbikes out there. Im happy with 100cc 's and 90km/h top speed :)

You shouldn't really speak on behalf of all scooter riders. Not everyone is in it for the same reasons as you may be.

Anyway, you've avoided my question. If  " All you need is enough poke to get infront of cars at the beginning of every traffic light cycle and out of harms way " then do you have enough poke to get in front of V8 utes and therefore out of harm's way?

Mack Truck
  • 08-04-2008 04:56 PM In reply to

Sonefive:

What exactly is the opposite of beating a V8?

Mack Truck
  • 08-04-2008 05:36 PM In reply to

You shouldn't really speak on behalf of all scooter riders. Not everyone is in it for the same reasons as you may be.

Anyway, you've avoided my question. If  " All you need is enough poke to get infront of cars at the beginning of every traffic light cycle and out of harms way " then do you have enough poke to get in front of V8 utes and therefore out of harm's way?

True , i generalized. but my point is if you wanted to simply pull on v8 utes (assuming they are accelerating heavily to get ahead at everylight) then "you" would of bought a proper motorbike to begin with. Answering your question IMO , my personal scoot does have enough poke to get out of harms way in all encountered traffic light situations including numerous fast cars p platers and the like.Ive never been or held up cars or v8 utes behind me so fingers crossed thats good enough. Thatsmy scooter (beewee 100) and im sure its on teh lower end of the scooter world so most others here over 100cc should have no problems.

Stay safe ! :)

www.ozhonda.com
  • 08-04-2008 05:40 PM In reply to

Mio 100

Tassie's number one scooter dealer.

www.scootershoplaunceston.com.au

info@scootershoplaunceston.com.au
  • 08-04-2008 05:42 PM In reply to

• Dakoda
    • Top 10 Contributor
    • Joined on 09-27-2007
    • Brisbane Bayside
    • Posts 6,372

My Yamaha Jog used to beat anything off the line (till I got to the other side that is).  I dont really care anymore, unless its a necessity for my safety.

2008-Venice White Aprilia Scarabeo 200 "Marty"
    48,000kms and wriiten off. RIP 2008-2012
    2012 - 2009 Red Aprilia Scarabeo 200
    Named Bomber. 8,000kms in 5months
Page 1 of 4 (46 items) 1 2 3 4 Next >

ADVERTISEMENT

©2007 ScooterSales.com.au