Scooter
Community

in
ADVERTISEMENT
Vespa

Piaggio X7 NICE

Last post 04-25-2010 08:54 AM by Speedfight2. 13 replies.
Page 1 of 1 (14 items)
Sort Posts: Previous Next
  • 09-17-2008 05:30 PM

Piaggio X7 NICE

While visiting the boys at Revolution Burleigh this morning I noticed they had A Demo X7 sitting there..before I could say "could I"...I was thrown the keys and Ushered off on it.

My first few km where distracted by the uncomfortable seating position but later realised I could put my feet up (The Jason recliner style) and was forgotton about. Its nice to have a high screen as standard and weather and wind protection was excellent. Just a little buffeting around the helmet but nothing major. Suspension was superb compared to my old Sportcity that would buck and jolt on the smallest of bumps..the X7 just soaked everything up like you where riding on a super slick race track. This is one scooter that you could cover some serious miles on. Just so easy sitting on the freeway into a headwind with no stress at all on the body. My ride took me south over the border via the Tugun bypass down to Cabarita then back along the Coast.I just didnt want to get off this thing, its superb handling thru the twistys of northern NSW back roads bumps and all, just held and tracked unswerved by shocking road conditions. Braking was superb as I expected and could lock up either wheel at will. Throttle response was instant, acceleration stonking. I love the executive look of the scooter, not a try hard, elegant and stealthy, not big, heavy and bulky like a Maxi but a presence still the same.

The illumination of the lights on the dash where a little faint (very hard to see the blinkers in daylight) that would be my only gripe as otherwise a great all round package. The Vespa still comes out in front for tight flickable fun which leaves me with that big fat grin..so I would have to keep her and have the X7 as the fast sweeping mountain tourer.

Vespa PX150
    Polini 177
    Match ported
    Opened rotary pad
    Mip cut crank
    Sip 24si carb
    Cosa 22 primary upgear
    Polini exhaust
  • 09-17-2008 05:49 PM In reply to

• SteelMoon
    • Top 75 Contributor
    • Joined on 05-04-2008
    • PERTH , WESTERN AUSTRALIA
    • Posts 420

Cool [H] Re: Piaggio X7 NICE

X7 paggio scooter are very nice .
    jimscoot:

While visiting the boys at Revolution Burleigh this morning I noticed they had A Demo X7 sitting there..before I could say "could I"...I was thrown the keys and Ushered off on it.

My first few km where distracted by the uncomfortable seating position but later realised I could put my feet up (The Jason recliner style) and was forgotton about. Its nice to have a high screen as standard and weather and wind protection was excellent. Just a little buffeting around the helmet but nothing major. Suspension was superb compared to my old Sportcity that would buck and jolt on the smallest of bumps..the X7 just soaked everything up like you where riding on a super slick race track. This is one scooter that you could cover some serious miles on. Just so easy sitting on the freeway into a headwind with no stress at all on the body. My ride took me south over the border via the Tugun bypass down to Cabarita then back along the Coast.I just didnt want to get off this thing, its superb handling thru the twistys of northern NSW back roads bumps and all, just held and tracked unswerved by shocking road conditions. Braking was superb as I expected and could lock up either wheel at will. Throttle response was instant, acceleration stonking. I love the executive look of the scooter, not a try hard, elegant and stealthy, not big, heavy and bulky like a Maxi but a presence still the same.

The illumination of the lights on the dash where a little faint (very hard to see the blinkers in daylight) that would be my only gripe as otherwise a great all round package. The Vespa still comes out in front for tight flickable fun which leaves me with that big fat grin..so I would have to keep her and have the X7 as the fast sweeping mountain tourer.

• 09-17-2008 06:23 PM In reply to

Re: Piaggio X7 NICE

Good review. I didn't really like the X7 - liked the dash but found the lights behind it weren't bright enough, found the top of the windscreen being right in my line of sight distracting and of course the weight of the scooter ... but this is probably as much me grizzling because it's just not the GTS250ie. *sigh*

Steve@Ace I want another sit on the Vespa. First time I'd come straight off the Fly & wasn't used to the weight of a bigger scoot. Having ridden the LG for 6 months I may well handle the GTS better. Please? Promise I won't drool on it too much.

Wanda
    Today 50 (2,500km), Montego. Fly (2,500km), Le Grande (7,000km), Vespa PX (200km), Vespa GTS250ie (46,000km), now looking at the world through Ruby coloured glasses on a Vespa GTV300ie Vie Della Moda.
  • 01-03-2009 08:06 PM In reply to

Hey, I've only joined here recently, this Scoot interests me, you said the acceleration was 'stonking', how would it compare to say the Firenze 250?

• 01-03-2009 08:17 PM In reply to

Hiya Scooboy69. Welcome to the forum! I just did a search & found a bunch of reviews of the Firenze -

http://www.reviewcentre.com/reviews106225.html

Hopefully someone who has ridden both will step up & give you a comparison on the power soon but the best way to find out if either, or neither, bike is for you is to test ride! Take a look at the features, specifications & especially the service schedule of both bikes, especially if you might be doing long rides frequently.

As an example - when I was riding my Bolwell LeGrande 200 (requiring servicing every 2500km as per all Bolwells) doing 20km daily commutes one way during the week plus maybe 100km-200km joy rides on the weekend the bike needed servicing every other month.

Wanda
    Today 50 (2,500km), Montego. Fly (2,500km), Le Grande (7,000km), Vespa PX (200km), Vespa GTS250ie (46,000km), now looking at the world through Ruby coloured glasses on a Vespa GTV300ie Vie Della Moda.
  • 01-04-2009 10:13 AM In reply to

Yeah, thanks Scootachic Smile

I went in yesterday to have a look at the Piaggio X7 & Xevo 250's at Peter Stevens in Melb, but unfortunately their service sucks ass!

The guy was arrogant & not really interested apart from saying he rides a GSXR600 motorbike or something.........like I give a sh*t!?

Will have to find another dealer in Melb, unfortunately PS probabaly have the most stock, haha, oh well.

• 01-04-2009 11:42 PM In reply to

Plenty of stock available of X7 and Xevo right now, and if you are in Melbourne most Piaggio dealers would be able to get hold of them in a day or two. Check the Piaggio website.

I was pleasantly surprised to see them in the top 8 list of scooters in Scooter magazine, but they've pretty much nailed what its designed to do, and it performs that function exceptionally well. There is such a great range of 250cc scooters featuring the Quasar engine that its easy to overlook the X7 because many of the bells and whistles have been dispensed with.  Good luck with your test riding!

Ace Scooters - practitioners to the scooter addicted.

www.acescooters.com.au
  • 04-18-2010 02:02 PM In reply to

• Jobbie
    • Top 150 Contributor
    • Joined on 04-05-2010
    • Craigmore, SA
    • Posts 238

I went into PS Melbourne about two weeks ago to look at the X7, but they didn't have one. They tried to offload the 250 Evo on me instead. They lost a sale that day...

A tip for Peter Stevens- Geelong and Melbourne- make room for a Piaggio X7 Evo 300ie in the showroom. Don't show it to me on a computer screen. I can do that myself in the comfort of home. Smile

But, yes, it is a very nice scooter. Great colours, too.

Aprilia Sportcity 125 2007.
    Aprilia Scarabeo 250 2010.
  • 04-18-2010 04:04 PM In reply to

When I was looking shops that sold motorcycles just did not seem interested in talking about scooters.

Honda Elite 1990-1996
    Bug Bandit 2004-2009
    Piaggio X7 250ie 2010-
  • 04-21-2010 12:33 AM In reply to

Jushavinfun:

When I was looking shops that sold motorcycles just did not seem interested in talking about scooters.

thats cause scooters are gay!!!!!!!!1 only women ride em!!!!!!!!! hahaha you must be really girly hahahahahah you are a lady man hahahahahahahahahahahahah

/s

:)

Piaggio 250 BV type R

Aprilia Scarabeo 250ie
  • 04-23-2010 09:37 PM In reply to

• petegailey
    • Top 10 Contributor
    • Joined on 03-03-2008
    • Cleared off, up the Mid Nth Coast
    • Posts 7,090

Jobbie:

But, yes, it is a very nice scooter. Great colours, too.

Ive just had the delight of riding an X7 300 and it is a fantastic scoot, and at a really good price. Great way to get a Quasar 300 between your legs.

Daelim NS 125: Mighty 1st scoot from Korea that punched way above its weight. Sold
    Vespa GTS 250: Modern Retro brilliance. I'll ride it til it dies.Traded in on a maxi.
    Suzuki DR650: "That Thing" Excellent Single 650 thumper chook chaser that was too tall. Sold
    Yamaha T Max: Best Maxi out there and serious canyon racer. Sold
    Triumph Bonneville: Modern Retro brilliance with the sweetest parallel twin.
    BMW F800R: The Naked Hun. Great intro into sports bikes.
    Gilera Runner FXR 180: 2 stroke scooter missile from Piaggio.
    Gilera Nexus 500. Sexy like red Italian stilettos.
    Yamaha RZ250RR: Retro Japanese 2 stroke racer.
  • 04-24-2010 12:59 PM In reply to

Give us a comparision of your bike and the x7 Pete please. 

I was looking at the vespa b4 the x7 came out.

Old style v new, what do they handle like?

Did the clock work. Mine keeps going out of time.

Yellow Peugeot - Speedfight II 2006 - sold
    White Piaggio - X7 300 2010
  • 04-24-2010 06:00 PM In reply to

• petegailey
    • Top 10 Contributor
    • Joined on 03-03-2008
    • Cleared off, up the Mid Nth Coast
    • Posts 7,090

The X7 300 is a real sports scooter. It's faster off the mark, has better acceleration up hills and has a higher top speed than the Vespa GTS 250. The bigger wheels on the X7 give it more stability on the road. Its very well balanced with the petrol tank under the floor and a low centre of gravity. It also has great ground clearance and you can really put it hard into corners. It was real delight to ride and I just felt like racing it all the time. A lot of the extra acceleration is because of the Quaser 300 (278cc) engine and a GTS 300 might be closer in grunt. I think the X7 looks sharp in a sports bike style and it has great storage. but the bottom line is that its such FUN to ride.The X7 has got some minor flaws like lack of a trip meter, or side stand, the mirrors are a bit wide especially when filtering and the seat a little small. Also your feet are quite high compared to the Vespa but as I said, these are really minor and I soon adjusted to them. I only figured out how to adjust the clock on the last day so I cant tell you if it kept good time.

I thought I was going to be spoiled when I went back to the Vespa but surprisingly I wasn't. The GTS is still sharp off the mark, good enough for any Sydney riding. The small wheels are very responsive and you can duck and weave so easily. Although the GTS won't beat the X7 in a drag it will get there, just a little slower but still quick enough to be fun. I like the seat and the brakes on the GTS better, and I still love the classic design of the Vespa. The difference wasn't enough to sell the GTS and buy an X7. The real comparison would probably come if I was trying to decide between an X7 300 or a GTS 300. Then it would be hard to go past the X7 especially when the cost difference is nearly $2000.

Both Allen and I were really impressed with the X7. When I test rode the  250 18 months ago I didn't like it, but my few days on the X7 300 recently really changed my mind. I cant work out why they were so different so maybe Ive changed over the last year and a half. Anyway I dont think many people will be disapointed with owning one.

Daelim NS 125: Mighty 1st scoot from Korea that punched way above its weight. Sold
    Vespa GTS 250: Modern Retro brilliance. I'll ride it til it dies.Traded in on a maxi.
    Suzuki DR650: "That Thing" Excellent Single 650 thumper chook chaser that was too tall. Sold
    Yamaha T Max: Best Maxi out there and serious canyon racer. Sold
    Triumph Bonneville: Modern Retro brilliance with the sweetest parallel twin.
    BMW F800R: The Naked Hun. Great intro into sports bikes.
    Gilera Runner FXR 180: 2 stroke scooter missile from Piaggio.
    Gilera Nexus 500. Sexy like red Italian stilettos.
    Yamaha RZ250RR: Retro Japanese 2 stroke racer.
  • 04-25-2010 08:54 AM In reply to

Thanks Pete. Great report.

Yellow Peugeot - Speedfight II 2006 - sold
    White Piaggio - X7 300 2010
Page 1 of 1 (14 items)

ADVERTISEMENT

©2007 ScooterSales.com.au