Scooter
Community

Sydney "Coz We Can" Ride

Last post 07-24-2017 06:10 PM by gaz. 4846 replies.
Page 1 of 324 (4847 items) 1 2 3 4 5 Next > ... Last »
Sort Posts: Previous Next
  • 10-08-2008 12:33 PM

• Jax
    • Top 10 Contributor
    • Joined on 08-23-2008
    • Sydney
    • Posts 3,129

Sydney "Coz We Can" Ride

Sunday 11 Oct at a civilised hour...

Meet at the Shell garage on Epping Rd at 9.30am

Now, anyone who knows me, knows that I can't navigate west of Glebe so I propose we take the M2 (with tolls) so I can't get too lost.

If someone else knows a route to avoid tolls (but not get too caught up in traffic) then feel free to step up and lead.

2nd meeting point would be Shell at Richmond at 10.30am (or later if you rely on me to get you there.)

Up the Bells Line in time for lunch at Mt Victoria pub (although I recommend wandering down the road to the pie shop).

Who's in?

Need scooter parking? www.mcnetwork.com.au on the web or on your iPhone or Android phone
    MCNetwork - using Google maps to plot every parking spot, every dealer, every shop - linked to every product for your scooter.

• 10-08-2008 12:48 PM In reply to

• petegailey
    • Top 10 Contributor
    • Joined on 03-03-2008
    • Cleared off, up the Mid Nth Coast
    • Posts 7,090

Re: Sydney "Coz We Can" Ride

Im game.
    Daelim NS 125: Mighty 1st scoot from Korea that punched way above its weight. Sold
    Vespa GTS 250: Modern Retro brilliance. I'll ride it til it dies.Traded in on a maxi.
    Suzuki DR650: "That Thing" Excellent Single 650 thumper chook chaser that was too tall. Sold
    Yamaha T Max: Best Maxi out there and serious canyon racer. Sold
    Triumph Bonneville: Modern Retro brilliance with the sweetest parallel twin.
    BMW F800R: The Naked Hun. Great intro into sports bikes.
    Gilera Runner FXR 180: 2 stroke scooter missile from Piaggio.
    Gilera Nexus 500. Sexy like red Italian stilettos.
    Yamaha RZ250RR: Retro Japanese 2 stroke racer.
  • 10-10-2008 10:08 PM In reply to

• Drebin
    • Top 150 Contributor
    • Joined on 06-26-2008
    • Sydney
    • Posts 167

I'd love to but I'm flying solo with the kiddies this weekend...I'll keep an eye out for my Sydney rides though as I'm super keen for my first!

SYM/Bolwell/Scoota...HD200
  • 10-11-2008 04:48 PM In reply to

• petegailey
    • Top 10 Contributor
    • Joined on 03-03-2008
    • Posts 7,090

Ill meet you at the shell space station at Lanecove. It looks as if it will be a good day for a ride.
    Daelim NS 125: Mighty 1st scoot from Korea that punched way above its weight. Sold
    Vespa GTS 250: Modern Retro brilliance. I'll ride it til it dies.Traded in on a maxi.
    Suzuki DR650: "That Thing" Excellent Single 650 thumper chook chaser that was too tall. Sold
  • 10-11-2008 05:36 PM In reply to

• Jax
    • Top 10 Contributor
    • Joined on 08-23-2008
    • Sydney
    • Posts 3,129

See ya there... can't wait !!

Need scooter parking? www.mcnetwork.com.au on the web or on your iPhone or Android phone
    MCNetwork - using Google maps to plot every parking spot, every dealer, every shop - linked to every product for your scooter.

• 10-12-2008 08:29 PM In reply to

• petegailey
    • Top 10 Contributor
    • Joined on 03-03-2008
    • Posts 7,090

Fantastic Sunday ride out to Richmond, up the Bells line of road to Mt Victoria, lunch then and back down the mountain for afternoon drinks in Windsor and back home, 330 k's & seven hours later. Beautiful weather, fantastic company, great ride. Three road bikes & four scooters on the ride we were able to stay together and travel well in formation. The Daelim was the smallest scoot but was able to keep up with the big boys. A group ride is certainly a great way to see the world and an excellent source of heaps of good tips and knowledge. Thanks every one.
  • 10-12-2008 08:33 PM In reply to

• petegailey
    • Top 10 Contributor
    • Joined on 03-03-2008
    • Posts 7,090

Pete and his wonderful PX200. It is an easy scooter to tinker and adjust. and Pete does just that!

• 10-12-2008 09:00 PM In reply to

• petegailey
    • Top 10 Contributor
    • Joined on 03-03-2008
    • Posts 7,090

And how good is the Daelim!

Just had its 10 000k service and didn't miss a beat. Even got its photo taken by a speed camera, lucky it was front on. Even though it is a 125 it was able to keep up with the group which included 3 big road bikes, and the 250, 200 & 150cc scoots.(the last two have been hotted up).

Well all except the climb up Mt Tomah where a 2k steep climb slowed me down to 60k/h. But that was only 2ks in over 330 travelled and I soon caught up to the group after the road leveled out. Most of the day it sat on 90 to 100 k/h and just purred along. The Bells line of road is a big ask for a 125 and a 95kg rider but the Daelim was able to handle it no problems. It constantly amazes me. Fuel consumption was 27 ks/l and this is with the throttle on full for most of the trip. This road is definately a 250cc+ tour but that didn't worry the Mighty Daelim. It just wanted to run with all the big bikes.

Well done

• 10-13-2008 12:39 PM In reply to

• Jax
    • Top 10 Contributor
    • Joined on 08-23-2008
    • Sydney
    • Posts 3,129

It was indeed a fantastic ride ! The sun was shining, the road was (mostly) free of cars, the company was great, and the food was excellent.

First stop was McCrap for brunch so Jen could consume some extra caffeine

Then up the Bells Line where Peter resisted doing running repairs on the side of the road.

Cutting across Darling Caus to the Greatest cafe in Mt Victoria - (next to the cop shop) for a feast of home-made pies and excellent coffee in a divine little hideaway amongst the cherry blossums.

Peter had the good grace to wait until we got to a service station before he broke down. However a quick strip-down of the engine (along with a barrage of "helpful" suggestions from the rest of us)  and we were soon on our way.

petegailey:
    The Daelim was the smallest scoot but was able to keep up with the big boys.

There is another way that sentence could be structured Big Smile Big Smile the big boys waited for the little scoot.... but I gotta say - not many people know how to group ride properly and it is a real pleasure to ride with a crowd who know what they are doing !!

Next week PINK RIBBON RIDE !!

• 10-13-2008 02:05 PM In reply to

• petegailey
    • Top 10 Contributor
    • Joined on 03-03-2008
    • Posts 7,090

Yeah. Thanks guys! For your patience and knowledge!

• 10-13-2008 03:37 PM In reply to

looks like it was alot of fun... let me know when there is a ride a 100cc newbie can cope with... only done 56 kms so far... Embarrassed

Sally the pink mio has been traded in for a dark blue HD200evo!!!
  • 10-13-2008 04:18 PM In reply to

• petegailey
    • Top 10 Contributor
    • Joined on 03-03-2008
    • Posts 7,090

purplelou:

looks like it was alot of fun... let me know when there is a ride a 100cc newbie can cope with... only done 56 kms so far... Embarrassed

There are some easy runs around the Nth Shore that would be good for a Newbie on a 100cc scoot. Bobbin head would be good, or the Northen Beaches or even Berowra Ferry out and Galston Gorge home. It'd be good to get some k's on the mighty mio. Lets organise it.
  • 10-13-2008 04:28 PM In reply to

• Drebin
    • Top 150 Contributor
    • Joined on 06-26-2008
    • Sydney
    • Posts 167

purplelou:

I'm with you 'lou'..I'm an L-plater with ~300kms under my belt....:)

• 10-13-2008 04:44 PM In reply to

• petegailey
    • Top 10 Contributor
    • Joined on 03-03-2008
    • Posts 7,090

Drebin:

I'm with you 'lou'..I'm an L-plater with ~300kms under my belt....:)

What parts of Sydney do you ride?
  • 10-13-2008 04:58 PM In reply to

• Drebin
    • Top 150 Contributor
    • Joined on 06-26-2008
    • Sydney
    • Posts 167

Hey Pete,

I'm in the lower north shore and commute into Darling Harbour area..so far besides that and an appointment out at Five Dock..not much else :(

Page 1 of 324 (4847 items) 1 2 3 4 5 Next > ... Last »

ADVERTISEMENT

©2007 ScooterSales.com.au