Scooter
Community

Sydney "Coz We Can" Ride

Last post 07-24-2017 06:10 PM by gaz. 4846 replies.
Page 267 of 324 (4847 items) « First ... < Previous 265 266 267 268 269 Next > ... Last »
Sort Posts: Previous Next
  • 01-20-2014 08:00 PM In reply to

Re: Sydney "We Ride COZ We Can" SUN 19 JAN: Road Trip

jshowyin:

Mike Holland:

Thats funny! I thought I normally leaned inwards on corners! Surprise

Mike

Maybe that's you taking off right out of the Pie? :)

Nah that's Mike doing his famous slalom trick using the reflectors on the road as markers.....;-)

Life without a Tmax is possible, but would almost be useless…
  • 01-20-2014 10:41 PM In reply to

• petegailey
    • Top 10 Contributor
    • Joined on 03-03-2008
    • Cleared off, up the Mid Nth Coast
    • Posts 7,090

Big Smile Nah that's Mike doing his famous slalom trick using the reflectors on the road as markers.....;-)

CrazyCam:

Hi Peter.

What's the story of the wee Cagiva?

Maggies cousin lives in Candelo. When we visited we started talking bikes and he showed me his rare 125cc Cagiva that apparently goes like the clappers. Commutes to Bega on it. Had some amazing stories about the hp when he put on a GP carbie, He's also got another one in bits which looked like a neglected project. It is a pretty sweet looking 2 stroke imo.

Daelim NS 125: Mighty 1st scoot from Korea that punched way above its weight. Sold
    Vespa GTS 250: Modern Retro brilliance. I'll ride it til it dies.Traded in on a maxi.
    Suzuki DR650: "That Thing" Excellent Single 650 thumper chook chaser that was too tall. Sold
    Yamaha T Max: Best Maxi out there and serious canyon racer. Sold
    Triumph Bonneville: Modern Retro brilliance with the sweetest parallel twin.
    BMW F800R: The Naked Hun. Great intro into sports bikes.
    Gilera Runner FXR 180: 2 stroke scooter missile from Piaggio.
    Gilera Nexus 500. Sexy like red Italian stilettos.
    Yamaha RZ250RR: Retro Japanese 2 stroke racer.
  • 01-21-2014 08:03 AM In reply to

• CrazyCam
    • Top 150 Contributor
    • Joined on 04-15-2013
    • Beecroft, NSW
    • Posts 211

petegailey:

CrazyCam:

Hi Peter.

What's the story of the wee Cagiva?

Maggies cousin lives in Candelo. When we visited we started talking bikes and he showed me his rare 125cc Cagiva that apparently goes like the clappers. Commutes to Bega on it. Had some amazing stories about the hp when he put on a GP carbie, He's also got another one in bits which looked like a neglected project. It is a pretty sweet looking 2 stroke imo.

It's a lovely wee machine, and, since I've just got it's brother a Planet, or possibly a Raptor 125, I was interested.

It is certainly the kinda bike you'd like to have a spare one in the shed. Wink

Warning: Posting may contain traces of sarcasm and/or nuts.

regards, CrazyCam
  • 01-22-2014 08:21 PM In reply to

• Jax
    • Top 10 Contributor
    • Joined on 08-23-2008
    • Sydney
    • Posts 3,129

Re: Sydney "We Ride COZ We Can" SUN 26 JAN: Straya Day

So.... what we doin.... where we going?

Need scooter parking? www.mcnetwork.com.au on the web or on your iPhone or Android phone
    MCNetwork - using Google maps to plot every parking spot, every dealer, every shop - linked to every product for your scooter.

• 01-23-2014 05:52 PM In reply to

• petegailey
    • Top 10 Contributor
    • Joined on 03-03-2008
    • Posts 7,090

Dunno...depends on the weather i spose, where'd ya like to go?

Daelim NS 125: Mighty 1st scoot from Korea that punched way above its weight. Sold
    Vespa GTS 250: Modern Retro brilliance. I'll ride it til it dies.Traded in on a maxi.
    Suzuki DR650: "That Thing" Excellent Single 650 thumper chook chaser that was too tall. Sold
  • 01-23-2014 05:58 PM In reply to

I have a wedding to go to on Sunday. Sad

• 01-23-2014 06:38 PM In reply to

• petegailey
    • Top 10 Contributor
    • Joined on 03-03-2008
    • Posts 7,090

Re: Sydney "We Ride COZ We Can" THURS 21 JAN: The joys of riding mid week.

Jshowyin on his Derbi GP1 and me on phatVespa decided a mid week ride was in order. Jared wanted to do the Putty but rain was threatening making that idea a bit hit and miss. We decided to meet up anyway and see what eventuated.

Rode north up the freeway to Berowra, then down to Berowra Waters Ferry and out to the Stone House Cafe at Maroota. After morning tea we decided to do Sackville Ferry and out along Bullridge Rd to join the Putty on the ridge above Colo River. It sure was grey and we could see the rain hanging on the ridges but the road was still dry so we set off to Colo Heights. By the time we got there the road was wet and there was slight drizzle. Should we ride on or turn back. Decided to gas up and try for Grey Gums and make up our mind there.

Put on our wet wheather gear expecting to hit rain somewhere, and arrived at Grey Gums after 50ks in drizzle and cloud but looking at the puddles we seemed to have missed the heavy stuff and as the cloud was lifting we decided to go for Broke. By the time we got to the last 20ks of twisties the Putty Road was dry again and by Broke the weather had turned hot so we ditched our wet weather gear, refueled and rode on to Wollombi, where again we got into drizzle, didnt stop and continued thru to Kalnura where we had a late lunch. It was drizzling all the way past Peats Ridge before easing up and we had a dry Old Rd for the trip home. We ended up having an excellent 7hr 400k ride and managed to avoid any major rain at all. The Derbi and the Vespa loved it, both scoots have the 250cc Quasar engine and were well matched for the run. I have to say its great to be riding these roads mid week, minimal traffic, low police presence although we saw one rider getting a ticket, and you have the cafe's to your selves.

• 01-24-2014 04:00 PM In reply to

Nice to see the Yellow Peril out and about, inspite of the dents. Glad you got the handlebars straightened.

Didn';t Jared tell you he has a Malossi 268 cc cyl and head like mine? Not a 250 any more.

Nice pics as usual, Pete. Always make me wish I was there too.

Mike

• 01-24-2014 04:16 PM In reply to

• petegailey
    • Top 10 Contributor
    • Joined on 03-03-2008
    • Posts 7,090

OK Here's my idea for Stralya Day. Meet at AKUNA BAY coffee shop on Liberator General San Martin Drive, Ku-Ring-Gai Chase, at 8am.

https://maps.google.com.au/maps?q=West+Head+Lookout&ll=-33.646135,151.235905&spn=0.073595,0.142736&oe=utf-8&client=firefox-a&fb=1&gl=au&hq=west+head&hnear=0x6b129838f39a743f:0x3017d681632a850,Sydney+NSW&cid=1413084007856630407&t=m&z=14&layer=c&cbll=-33.645789,151.235052&panoid=xAOHVg3ofQkGzqvJEDMXNA&cbp=12,42.77,,0,3.86

Why 8am? Coz you can get into the park before the ranger gets at the gate. If you're late and the ranger is there its $11. Then we'll do a romp around the Ku-ring-gai Chase National Park including West Head and then up the peninsular to Palm Beach before heading back to Northbridge for a spot of boating. Early start but it could be fun.

• 01-24-2014 04:58 PM In reply to

• CrazyCam
    • Top 150 Contributor
    • Joined on 04-15-2013
    • Beecroft, NSW
    • Posts 211

Mike Holland:

Didn';t Jared tell you he has a Malossi 268 cc cyl and head like mine? Not a 250 any more.

Actually, Mike, I don't remember you telling me that about your scooter when we had the wee .....err...cough...."comparison" out of Pie, when I was on the Gilera.     Wink

Warning: Posting may contain traces of sarcasm and/or nuts.

regards, CrazyCam
  • 01-24-2014 05:51 PM In reply to

• petegailey
    • Top 10 Contributor
    • Joined on 03-03-2008
    • Posts 7,090

"Didn';t Jared tell you he has a Malossi 268 cc cyl and head like mine? Not a 250 any more."

No I didn't know he had a big head, If he was a hoon like me I might have guessed but jshowyin is very considered out on the road. Not like some on this forum. Big Smile

CrazyCam:

Actually, Mike, I don't remember you telling me that about your scooter when we had the wee .....err...cough...."comparison" out of Pie, when I was on the Gilera.     Wink

Actually Mike has the fastest "250" out there, well it would be if he dumped the top box and mounted a fly screen. Zip it!

• 01-25-2014 12:11 PM In reply to

• Jax
    • Top 10 Contributor
    • Joined on 08-23-2008
    • Sydney
    • Posts 3,129

petegailey:
    Meet at AKUNA BAY coffee shop on Liberator General San Martin Drive, Ku-Ring-Gai Chase, at 8am.

Ok - I'm in. I'll set my alarm.

Need scooter parking? www.mcnetwork.com.au on the web or on your iPhone or Android phone
    MCNetwork - using Google maps to plot every parking spot, every dealer, every shop - linked to every product for your scooter.

• 01-25-2014 12:25 PM In reply to

• petegailey
    • Top 10 Contributor
    • Joined on 03-03-2008
    • Posts 7,090

BUMP

petegailey:

OK Here's my idea for Stralya Day. Meet at AKUNA BAY coffee shop on Liberator General San Martin Drive, Ku-Ring-Gai Chase, at 8am.

https://maps.google.com.au/maps?q=West+Head+Lookout&ll=-33.646135,151.235905&spn=0.073595,0.142736&oe=utf-8&client=firefox-a&fb=1&gl=au&hq=west+head&hnear=0x6b129838f39a743f:0x3017d681632a850,Sydney+NSW&cid=1413084007856630407&t=m&z=14&layer=c&cbll=-33.645789,151.235052&panoid=xAOHVg3ofQkGzqvJEDMXNA&cbp=12,42.77,,0,3.86

Why 8am? Coz you can get into the park before the ranger gets at the gate. If you're late and the ranger is there its $11. Then we'll do a romp around the Ku-ring-gai Chase National Park including West Head and then up the peninsular to Palm Beach before heading back to Northbridge for a spot of boating. Early start but it could be fun.

• 01-25-2014 09:20 PM In reply to

• Eccles
    • Top 100 Contributor
    • Joined on 02-25-2008
    • Lane Cove, Sydney
    • Posts 317

Peter E is bringing Captain Cook!!

--------------------------------------------------
    Current Rides..
    14 BMW R1200RT LC
    16 BMW R1200R
  • 01-26-2014 10:22 PM In reply to

• Jax
    • Top 10 Contributor
    • Joined on 08-23-2008
    • Sydney
    • Posts 3,129

Let me be the first to say what an EXCELLENT DAY we had... I'll let Pete's photos show you what we did...

but here's a teaser:

Page 267 of 324 (4847 items) « First ... < Previous 265 266 267 268 269 Next > ... Last »

ADVERTISEMENT

©2007 ScooterSales.com.au