Scooter
Community

Sydney "Coz We Can" Ride

Last post 07-24-2017 06:10 PM by gaz. 4846 replies.
Page 320 of 324 (4847 items) « First ... < Previous 318 319 320 321 322 Next > ... Last »
Sort Posts: Previous Next
  • 04-11-2016 11:49 AM In reply to

Re: Sydney "Coz We Can" fair weather ride Sunday 10th April

Rod, there is an SCSC group that meets at Corelli's on Tueday evenings. I have never attended this group, so I cannot say how well attended it is. The online frorum is dead. I have tried to keep it alive, but I am the only one who has posted there in the last two months, except for one post from Fraggles (Lee) who is in England at the moment.

I didn't bother going to the April Sunday run as the weather was not promising. The March run was attended by Colin and myself, so we drank coffee, chatted, and went home. The previous few runs have had about 3-4 attendees. If a number of members post on the forum that they intend to attend the Sunday run, then I will join them, but I can't see that happening.

Regarding my helmet, the one I am wearing now, a Nolan N42, was bought several years ago, but not worn because of its terrible wind noise. I painted the old one that I have been wearing, but then decided it was too old. The padding had deteriorated and it was uncomfortable. So I scrapped it. I am now wearing the noisy one, buit plan to replace it soon, in a colour that will go with the scooter  -  blue, silver, white or something. Silver (chrome?) with a blue emblem on the side would be great.

Mike

• 04-11-2016 06:24 PM In reply to

Re: Sydney "Coz We Can" fair weather ride Sunday 10th April

Lol you sure do Mike, 

I had a proper belly laugh.

• 04-12-2016 01:17 AM In reply to

• petegailey
    • Top 10 Contributor
    • Joined on 03-03-2008
    • Cleared off, up the Mid Nth Coast
    • Posts 7,090

Re: Sydney "Coz We Can" Gailey rambling on.

Nice 300 Mike. Can't wait for your thoughts and mods!

Got into Sydney this afternoon, 480ks down the Pacific in good time, sticking to the 110 speed limit most of the way, very pleasant weather, although ive never seen so many highway patrol cars out in one day. Stopped counting after 15! They were everywhere fishing for state revenue.

I was riding the f800r. Id just given it an oil and filter change and it was purring. The  only problem was the combination indicator switch  on the handle bar was playing up and the L hand indicator wasn't working. After finding out the price of a replacement switch, over US$250 plus shipping I got onto some OS forums and saw that BMW had been replacing them in US Canada and GB and they had a history of unreliability. The long and the short of it was I rang pro cycles in Hornsby and asked if they were replacing them in aus. They said yes and to drop in and they'd do it while I waited. I was pretty happy when I turned up at 3.30 this arvo and 30 mins later I was back on the road with blinkers for gratis. Good consumer service considering the bike is 6 years old and well out of warranty.

I also got to have a look at the new zero electric motorcycle. Electric has caught my attention of late, I'd love to take one of these for a squirt sometime, but around $23,000 it's not bang for buck, considering what else is in that range.  like the  new Thruxtons that I also got to drool over  Geese they're a beautiful piece of kit.

I was a bit surprised how quickly I'd lost my city dexterity in the traffic. Even more so when I pulled out the Gillera 180 and rode it across town in peak hour this evening. All a bit hairy for a while, was the real cautious country boy in the ring with heavyweight city traffic.

I got a bigger surprise riding behind a yellow Vespa GTS when I recognised the plates as phatVespa. Followed the rider as she turned off to the road to my old flat. I introduced myself as her scoots previous owner and we had a jolly chat about the wonderful phatVespa that's still running strong! It was great to see the old girl looking so good. And the fact she lived next door to my old place, synchronicity in the city. but enough of this ramble, I need to go to bed.

Daelim NS 125: Mighty 1st scoot from Korea that punched way above its weight. Sold
    Vespa GTS 250: Modern Retro brilliance. I'll ride it til it dies.Traded in on a maxi.
    Suzuki DR650: "That Thing" Excellent Single 650 thumper chook chaser that was too tall. Sold
    Yamaha T Max: Best Maxi out there and serious canyon racer. Sold
    Triumph Bonneville: Modern Retro brilliance with the sweetest parallel twin.
    BMW F800R: The Naked Hun. Great intro into sports bikes.
    Gilera Runner FXR 180: 2 stroke scooter missile from Piaggio.
    Gilera Nexus 500. Sexy like red Italian stilettos.
    Yamaha RZ250RR: Retro Japanese 2 stroke racer.
  • 04-12-2016 01:51 AM In reply to

Hi Pete

The thruxtons are nice looking bikes but I read they and the new bonnies are being called back because of fault. 

Something about a bogie tool at the factory. 

Anyway petrol is supposed to roll down one of the leads straight into the electrics and could cause a fire. 

• 04-12-2016 01:07 PM In reply to

jpfvita:

Hi Pete

The thruxtons are nice looking bikes but I read they and the new bonnies are being called back because of fault. 

Something about a bogie tool at the factory. 

Anyway petrol is supposed to roll down one of the leads straight into the electrics and could cause a fire. 

Triumph Motorcycles has issued a recall for the new Street Twin and Bonneville T120 motorcycles in the UK and US over a potential fire hazard due to a fuel leak. A total of 48 bikes have been recalled in the UK and a smaller number in the US, with the models having been manufactured from September 7, 2015 to November 21, 2015

• 04-12-2016 02:03 PM In reply to

Pyrah that was my up to the minute important news. !!

And you even bloody well got all the facts

Always raining on my parade [:'(]

• 04-12-2016 02:31 PM In reply to

jpfvita:

Pyrah that was my up to the minute important news. !!

And you even bloody well got all the facts

Always raining on my parade [:'(]

Thanks for the reminder read about it last week and forgot about it Embarrassed

• 04-12-2016 02:39 PM In reply to

Great pictures pete now where have i seen a red bike with yellow shocks before i remember Big Smile

• 04-12-2016 04:27 PM In reply to

• Jax
    • Top 10 Contributor
    • Joined on 08-23-2008
    • Sydney
    • Posts 3,129

Re: Sydney "Coz We Can" Mo's broken record.

Need scooter parking? www.mcnetwork.com.au on the web or on your iPhone or Android phone
    MCNetwork - using Google maps to plot every parking spot, every dealer, every shop - linked to every product for your scooter.

• 04-12-2016 04:32 PM In reply to

Jax:

WOW nice one Yes

• 04-12-2016 08:10 PM In reply to

• petegailey
    • Top 10 Contributor
    • Joined on 03-03-2008
    • Posts 7,090

Nice one jax! And Mo.

Daelim NS 125: Mighty 1st scoot from Korea that punched way above its weight. Sold
    Vespa GTS 250: Modern Retro brilliance. I'll ride it til it dies.Traded in on a maxi.
    Suzuki DR650: "That Thing" Excellent Single 650 thumper chook chaser that was too tall. Sold
  • 04-14-2016 10:15 PM In reply to

• fluffy
    • Top 150 Contributor
    • Joined on 06-26-2009
    • Earlwood
    • Posts 241

Mo looks nicely run-in then.

Brad

Tmax, Naughty Kimmy.
    Mavis the Beverly, a feisty shunter, sold!
  • 04-16-2016 10:26 AM In reply to

• Eccles
    • Top 100 Contributor
    • Joined on 02-25-2008
    • Lane Cove, Sydney
    • Posts 317

Sydney We Ride Coz We Can: Sunday 17th April NBSC Scooter run

Being the 3rd Sunday of the month, we'll meet up with the Northern Beaches Scooter Club at the Inch Cafe on Pittwater Rd MonaVale 9am. Route and destination decided over coffee and brekky at the meet.

--------------------------------------------------
    Current Rides..
    14 BMW R1200RT LC
    16 BMW R1200R
  • 04-26-2016 09:38 PM In reply to

• Eccles
    • Top 100 Contributor
    • Joined on 02-25-2008
    • Lane Cove, Sydney
    • Posts 317

Sydney We Ride Coz We Can: GRO Ride to Wiseman's Ferry - Sunday 1st May

A shorter GRO ride this month that may roll-on to the full loop back home via Spencer. We'll gather at the new meeting location, BP Servo, at the roundabout of Yanko and Kendal Sts West Pymble at 8:15 am to depart at 8:30 for the GRO meet at Richmond. Rumor has it even Pete G will be able to make this one. Cool

Monthly ride – Wisemans Ferry – May 2016 @ McDonalds Richmond
    May 1 all-day

Come and join another GRO for a great autumn outing before it gets colder for winter. We’re heading to one of our favourite destinations, Wisemans Ferry, with a revamped route along some new country roads. This is a fairly short ride so if you’re short of time, a bit nervous, or a very new rider this might be your ideal first ride with us! If you’re keen for a longer ride, a popular option is to continue along the river after lunch, through to Spencer, Peats Ridge, and back down the Old Pacific Highway.

Date: Sunday 1st May, 2016
    Meet: McDonalds, 69 March Street, RICHMOND
    Destination: Wisemans Ferry Inn, Old Northern Road, WISEMANS FERRY
    Time: 9.30am for a 10:00am departure

Route map: GRO_Wisemans_Ferry_ride

--------------------------------------------------
    Current Rides..
    14 BMW R1200RT LC
    16 BMW R1200R
  • 04-28-2016 04:46 PM In reply to

• petegailey
    • Top 10 Contributor
    • Joined on 03-03-2008
    • Posts 7,090

Re: Sydney We Ride Coz We Can: GRO Ride to Wiseman's Ferry - Sunday 1st May

Yep I'm in. Might even have my hands on a Piaggio X10 for a review and pics.

Just got in from Vic which included an interesting 2 day loop through the Grampians. Getting out towards Pyrah country

Report and pics coming. 

Gee I love the convenience of parking two wheels at the airport. Two weeks, no hassles, no cost, 50 metres from the terminal, too easy.

Page 320 of 324 (4847 items) « First ... < Previous 318 319 320 321 322 Next > ... Last »

ADVERTISEMENT

©2007 ScooterSales.com.au