Scooter
Community

Sydney "Coz We Can" Ride

Last post 07-24-2017 06:10 PM by gaz. 4846 replies.
Page 322 of 324 (4847 items) « First ... < Previous 320 321 322 323 324 Next >
Sort Posts: Previous Next
  • 05-29-2016 06:01 PM In reply to

Re: Sydney We Ride Coz We Can: I nearly bought a scooter today....

test rode the new BMW 650GT and 650C Sport, great bikes but temptation by this italian beauty go the best of me.....

2013 Got my Ls
    - Honda Forza 300 great scoot, gone to a good home :-(
    - Kawasaki Ninja 300 barely learner legal

2014 Got my Ps
    - Honda CBR125R no soul, but good learner and economic
    - BMW F700GS my go anywhere touring monster, now ready for the big trip around OZ
    - Suzuki DRZ400E How this is learner legal beats the crap out of me ??? excellent trail bike
    - Honda CRF250L very civilised city and trail machine

2015 Wife said no more bikes

2016 Took one year to convince the wife :-)
    - Moto Guzzi California 1400 Custom
  • 05-29-2016 10:08 PM In reply to

• petegailey
    • Top 10 Contributor
    • Joined on 03-03-2008
    • Cleared off, up the Mid Nth Coast
    • Posts 7,090

Sweet temptation! That's one hell of a scooter Gabe. Congratulations!

Daelim NS 125: Mighty 1st scoot from Korea that punched way above its weight. Sold
    Vespa GTS 250: Modern Retro brilliance. I'll ride it til it dies.Traded in on a maxi.
    Suzuki DR650: "That Thing" Excellent Single 650 thumper chook chaser that was too tall. Sold
    Yamaha T Max: Best Maxi out there and serious canyon racer. Sold
    Triumph Bonneville: Modern Retro brilliance with the sweetest parallel twin.
    BMW F800R: The Naked Hun. Great intro into sports bikes.
    Gilera Runner FXR 180: 2 stroke scooter missile from Piaggio.
    Gilera Nexus 500. Sexy like red Italian stilettos.
    Yamaha RZ250RR: Retro Japanese 2 stroke racer.
  • 05-30-2016 06:58 AM In reply to

Thanks Pete, I would like to get one of those C650 Sport scoots, next yearly bonus perhaps :-) , here is another pic of the Moto Guzzi 1400 California Custom...

2013 Got my Ls

2014 Got my Ps
    - BMW F700GS my go anywhere touring monster, now ready for the big trip around OZ
    - Suzuki DRZ400E How this is learner legal beats the crap out of me ??? excellent trail bike

• 05-30-2016 03:41 PM In reply to

Very nice Gabe

I hope I'm not the only one that thinks you need to change the pipes. Stick out tongue

• 05-30-2016 03:59 PM In reply to

jpfvita:

Very nice Gabe

I hope I'm not the only one that thinks you need to change the pipes. Stick out tongue

Wink Nothing wrong with using up the old MZ exhausts Stick out tongue

• 05-30-2016 05:16 PM In reply to

I got to admit these are kind of big :-)

2013 Got my Ls

2014 Got my Ps

• 06-03-2016 04:53 PM In reply to

• Eccles
    • Top 100 Contributor
    • Joined on 02-25-2008
    • Lane Cove, Sydney
    • Posts 317

Congrats twowheels,

My the cruisers are getting quiet popular these days with CWCers. Are you gonna be breaking it out this Sunday? Cool

--------------------------------------------------
    Current Rides..
    14 BMW R1200RT LC
    16 BMW R1200R
  • 06-03-2016 05:05 PM In reply to

• Eccles
    • Top 100 Contributor
    • Joined on 02-25-2008
    • Lane Cove, Sydney
    • Posts 317

Sydney We Ride Coz We Can: GRO Ride Narellan to Shellharbour - Sunday 5th June

A highly recommended and enjoyable run through the Southern Highlands countryside. We'll be heading independantly to the GRO meet at Narellan Macas this time.

Monthly ride – Shellharbour – June 2016 @ McDonalds Narellan
    Jun 5 all-day

Come along and join us for a ride that takes us on a fantastic route through Southern Highlands villages, down Jamberoo Mountain Road, and on to a seaside lunch at Shellharbour. We’ll be joined at lunch by the Babes Out On Bikes (BOOBs) girls from the Wollongong area. A great chance to make some new friends and meet up with old ones.

Date: Sunday 5th June, 2016
    Meet: McDonalds, Camden Valley Way (enter from George Hunter Drive), NARELLAN
    Destination: Ocean Beach Hotel, Addison Street, SHELLHARBOUR
    Time: 9.00am for a 9.30am departure

Route map: GRO_Shellharbour_ride

Current Rides..
    14 BMW R1200RT LC
    16 BMW R1200R
  • 06-03-2016 09:51 PM In reply to

• fluffy
    • Top 150 Contributor
    • Joined on 06-26-2009
    • Earlwood
    • Posts 241

Re: Sydney We Ride Coz We Can: GRO Ride Narellan to Shellharbour - Sunday 5th June

Eccles, I know you will ride if there is a chance it wont rain, but on Sunday that chance is only 5% according to BOM, and it comes with a flood warning and a 15m swell.

Take extra gloves, and maybe stay west of the ranges? 

Brad

Tmax, Naughty Kimmy.
    Mavis the Beverly, a feisty shunter, sold!
  • 06-04-2016 08:33 AM In reply to

• Eccles
    • Top 100 Contributor
    • Joined on 02-25-2008
    • Lane Cove, Sydney
    • Posts 317

Re: Sydney We Ride Coz We Can: GRO Ride Narellan to Shellharbour - Sunday 5th June

Lol, even I have to admit that this ride being on is a remote one looking at the forecast. Shame as the route is a good'un.

Current Rides..
    14 BMW R1200RT LC
    16 BMW R1200R
  • 06-04-2016 10:08 AM In reply to

Never had Eccles down as a surfer especially on 10m swells --does he put the Beemer on his board and then hang five

Now that I would love to see

riding for fun
  • 08-05-2016 07:17 PM In reply to

• Eccles
    • Top 100 Contributor
    • Joined on 02-25-2008
    • Lane Cove, Sydney
    • Posts 317

Sydney We Ride Coz We Can: GRO Ride to Wollombi - Sunday 7th August

The CWC crew wiil gather at the BP Servo, on the roundabout of Yanko and Kendal Sts West Pymble at 8:30 am to depart shortly after for the GRO meet at Berowra. The run to Wollombi is a cracker, and with so many choices on how to scarper back into town. Hopefully the weather will be kinder this time around.

Monthly ride – Wollombi – August 2016 @ 7-Eleven Berowra
    Aug 7 all-day

Please join us to help our Northern Stars celebrate their 12th anniversary! We’ll meet up with Alison and her crew in Wollombi. It’s a fantastic ride…. and there’ll be cake too – yum!!

Date: Sunday 7th August, 2016
    Meet: 7-Eleven Servo, 965 Pacific Highway, BEROWRA
    Destination: The Wollombi Tavern, 2994 Great North Road, WOLLOMBI
    Time: 9.00am for a 9.30am departure

Current Rides..
    14 BMW R1200RT LC
    16 BMW R1200R
  • 08-11-2016 12:47 PM In reply to

• petegailey
    • Top 10 Contributor
    • Joined on 03-03-2008
    • Cleared off, up the Mid Nth Coast
    • Posts 7,090

Re: Sydney We Ride Coz We Can: GRO Ride to Wollombi - Sunday 7th August

Was passing thru Sydney on Sunday and although the bom looked pessimistic went over to Eccles's place. Eccles's mantra is "If there's any chance of it clearing we ride!" So he lent me some gear and his BMW C650 and off we went. Met up with Pete on his Monster and Tony on his Burger, and we headed out to Berowra to meet up with the GRO riders. El was there on her new Vespa 250GTS, as well as Tiff on her Sportscity and Tam n Jam and Sabastian. About 50 riders all up. Headed down the Old Road which is getting more and more heavily policed. 60k/h makes it not much fun anymore, especially with my one precious point.

The weather remained in our favour, had a pit stop at the Corrugated cafe, where I got to take Els Vespa for a squirt as she was unsure if it had some vibration in the wheel, sorted out the tyre pressure and was able to tell her it was normal for a Vespa and that she hadn't bought a lemon. Brought back fond memories of phatVespa as you can see by the smile on my face. Headed out for a good run to Wollombi but the queue for food was too long so the only other option was to go for Broke and back home on the Putty via Grey Gums. There has been some excellent re surfacing on the first 20ks of twisties on the putty and it was great to be back on this beautiful riding road.

Got to have a good ride on the BMW C650 which I'm beginning to warm to. All my previous reluctance about this big scooter faded away. It certainly is a top maxi with heaps of grunt, excellent suspension and handling, perfect for a run like the Putty, the more I rode it the more confident and comfortable I felt and it was easy to see why Eccles gives the sports bike such a chase. It was a big run on the open road and the 4 scooters all handled themselves with aplomb. Late breakfast at Grey Gums before back home over Sackville Ferry then out to Berowra ferry, back up to the Hwy on a re surfaced road up the mountain which is a cracker. Got in at dusk with just under 400ks on the clock. It was a great day with my old mates on my favourite roads and not a drop of rain.

Oh and congratulations to Tam n Jam for tieing the knot. True romance CWC style. Why Coz they could!

Daelim NS 125: Mighty 1st scoot from Korea that punched way above its weight. Sold
    Vespa GTS 250: Modern Retro brilliance. I'll ride it til it dies.Traded in on a maxi.
    Suzuki DR650: "That Thing" Excellent Single 650 thumper chook chaser that was too tall. Sold
    Yamaha T Max: Best Maxi out there and serious canyon racer. Sold
    Triumph Bonneville: Modern Retro brilliance with the sweetest parallel twin.
    BMW F800R: The Naked Hun. Great intro into sports bikes.
    Gilera Runner FXR 180: 2 stroke scooter missile from Piaggio.
    Gilera Nexus 500. Sexy like red Italian stilettos.
    Yamaha RZ250RR: Retro Japanese 2 stroke racer.
  • 08-11-2016 07:50 PM In reply to

Good to hear from you Pete great pics and looks like it was a fun day. 

Because of my bad leg havent been able to ride much at all lately but I do love looking at everyone rideing lifts me makes me feel much better. 

• 08-11-2016 08:08 PM In reply to

jpfvita:

Good to hear from you Pete great pics and looks like it was a fun day. 

Because of my bad leg havent been able to ride much at all lately but I do love looking at everyone rideing lifts me makes me feel much better. 

Yep love the bronze ? colour of the Vespa

Page 322 of 324 (4847 items) « First ... < Previous 320 321 322 323 324 Next >

ADVERTISEMENT

©2007 ScooterSales.com.au