Scooter
Community

Sydney "Coz We Can" Ride

Last post 07-24-2017 06:10 PM by gaz. 4846 replies.
Page 323 of 324 (4847 items) « First ... < Previous 320 321 322 323 324 Next >
Sort Posts: Previous Next
  • 12-10-2016 12:37 PM In reply to

Re: Sydney We Ride Coz We Can: GRO Ride to Wollombi - Sunday 7th August

4 MONTHS GONE BY ?

Image result for where's everyone gone

• 01-01-2017 09:07 AM In reply to

Happy New Year - 2017

Hi gang,

Thought I'd bump this post along - haven't posted here for ages...

Anyway wanted to share Jenny's new ride.

First a reminder of the outgoing one.

The new one....

Stats - Make Thoroughbred, Model Julian, Size 16 hands, Power 1 hp, Age 8 - actually a really nice machine, ex Hong Kong racer with excellent heritage.

Safe riding to all in 2017.

Ian

Life without a Tmax is possible, but would almost be useless…
  • 01-01-2017 01:02 PM In reply to

Re: Happy New Year - 2017

Nice one Yes when i lived in New Zealand we had a failed racehorse and also a trotter the racehorse was docile enough but could wind up to really gallop on the beach The trotter was fun as  didn't like to walk so was always a constant battle at pony club if you wanted to go slow . But great all the other times and also a great jumper too Big Smile

Image result for horse cartoon

• 01-01-2017 09:04 PM In reply to

• petegailey
    • Top 10 Contributor
    • Joined on 03-03-2008
    • Cleared off, up the Mid Nth Coast
    • Posts 7,090

White Fang:

Stats - Make Thoroughbred, Model Julian, Size 16 hands, Power 1 hp, Age 8 - actually a really nice machine, ex Hong Kong racer with excellent heritage.

Safe riding to all in 2017.

Ian

Great to see the white fang and cowgirl jen are still about and collecting. cwc splintered a bit in 2016 but we still think of eachother, especially when im trying to do some spanner work  on my latest collection of chook chasers. hope 2017 brings us together for some rides. all the best, pete g

Daelim NS 125: Mighty 1st scoot from Korea that punched way above its weight. Sold
    Vespa GTS 250: Modern Retro brilliance. I'll ride it til it dies.Traded in on a maxi.
    Suzuki DR650: "That Thing" Excellent Single 650 thumper chook chaser that was too tall. Sold
    Yamaha T Max: Best Maxi out there and serious canyon racer. Sold
    Triumph Bonneville: Modern Retro brilliance with the sweetest parallel twin.
    BMW F800R: The Naked Hun. Great intro into sports bikes.
    Gilera Runner FXR 180: 2 stroke scooter missile from Piaggio.
    Gilera Nexus 500. Sexy like red Italian stilettos.
    Yamaha RZ250RR: Retro Japanese 2 stroke racer.
  • 01-02-2017 12:12 AM In reply to

Nice to see you back Pete Yes great little bikes are all the Yamaha with the 175cc 2T engines  Cool

• 01-06-2017 10:42 PM In reply to

• Jax
    • Top 10 Contributor
    • Joined on 08-23-2008
    • Sydney
    • Posts 3,129

Coz We Can does South West Rocks

Need scooter parking? www.mcnetwork.com.au on the web or on your iPhone or Android phone
    MCNetwork - using Google maps to plot every parking spot, every dealer, every shop - linked to every product for your scooter.

• 01-16-2017 11:32 AM In reply to

Rod Fountain:

The logical question is --Why is the Vespa Club doing well in melbourne --after all Sydney is the dominant city in Australia so why cant somebody get off their butt and get the Sydney Vespa club up and active

Is it because no one cares or has the time --Gee in victoria they even have what they call a "safe Schools program where they encourage young children to decide on what sex they want to be They are so advanced that they dont want men and women anymore --no males or females and everyone must use the same toilet regardless of age and the CMFEU rules supreme and virtually runs the state.

What with all that  crooks cheats and  gender benders they can have a successfull Vespa club and Sydney cant --There has to be something real wrong .

Right. That's it. I'm done.....

This used to be a good forum, I used to enjoy logging on to this site and reading some great stories, conversations, and interesting tech tips. However, it has now degenerated into a constant rant by a singular individual on all things evil in the world. There is not a topic or post that he has not criticised or cast some sort of demeaning comment about or introduced some political rant. What happened to all the interesting people with interesting stories that used to frequent this site? Where are you Jax, Pete Gailey, Eccles, White Fang, etc. etc. If you want to be critical of the government go to a political site to vent your frustration. This is a Scooter Site we dont give a toss about safe schools here.

Why have the Scooter clubs gone to facebook? I'll bet it's to keep you out of their conversations.

Oh, and one more thing.... it's called the the Old Pacific Highway, or Old road, not the bl**dy Serpent. there is no serpent. There will never be a serpent no matter how hard you try....

Adios, sayonara, chao, and farewell.  

Jenshore. 16th Jan 2017.

(second post)

2015 BMW C650 GT Special Edition
    2012 BMW C650 GT, gone
    MaxSYM 400i.. gone
    Sym Firenze 300i... gone
    Royal Enfield C5... gone

Only a biker knows why a dog sticks its head out of the window
  • 01-16-2017 03:49 PM In reply to

All the best and safe travels Jenshore Yes

• 01-16-2017 10:38 PM In reply to

• Jax
    • Top 10 Contributor
    • Joined on 08-23-2008
    • Sydney
    • Posts 3,129

Jenshore:
    What happened to all the interesting people with interesting stories that used to frequent this site? Where are you Jax,

Poor Jenshore - got sucked into the acid-tripping RF vortex.

I don't own a scooter anymore - but feel free to come hang out with me on Fb. 

Need scooter parking? www.mcnetwork.com.au on the web or on your iPhone or Android phone
    MCNetwork - using Google maps to plot every parking spot, every dealer, every shop - linked to every product for your scooter.

• 02-08-2017 05:23 PM In reply to

• petegailey
    • Top 10 Contributor
    • Joined on 03-03-2008
    • Posts 7,090

Whats happening

Whats Happening?

I'm feeling a bit rermiss re not much posting from up the mid north coast so I thought Id put a few good pics together if anyone's still out there. Im not doing as much riding these days except for linking up with the local Ulysses crew or buzzing around on my smaller cc machines. Ive had fun restoring a couple of vintage trail bikes but only the Honda XL250 is registered.

Jax dropped in early January in the Mercabago with inny or miney strapped on the back and a new flash drone in a case, so we set off to shoot some aerial footage around SW Rocks. Bloody amazing footage from this little quadcopter. I eventually cut a small film about Mangroves from the footage she gave me. Its got nothing to do with scooters but here's the link if anyones interested, https://vimeo.com/202019444

Next to turn up was Elliot on his new "little bird". He'd traded in his BMW 650GT maxi on another boxer. When Elliot arrives its dust off the leathers, pump up the tyres and lets go riding. Had to put a new battery in my F800R after i had no luck getting the old one to hold a charge. We went out to Gladstone to meet up with the Ulysses crew and there was a fair interest with Elliots new toy. The weather was good and in the next two days we rode nearly 1000ks. I'd lost a bit of match fittness over the last 6 months but it didnt take too long to get back into the swing of it. 

Day 1 we headed 100ks up the Hwy to Coffs, then took the Coramba road to just south of Grafton, before turning left on the Armidale road to Ebor. This road is a cracker especially after Coutts Crossing where it winds up and down this canyon, lots of 45k/h twisties with reasonable tarmac through wild mountain forest. At Tyrringham we could have cut across to Dorrigo but decided to continue out to Ebor and then back to Dorrigo on the stunning Waterfall Way, one of my favourite roads thats for sure, great tarmac with beautiful scenery dropping away on both sides of the road. Had a quick lunch stop in the Go before descending Dorrigo Mountain to the valley below, then back onto the Pacific south to SW Rocks with a slight dirvirsion through Bowraville. Elliot was happy with his new bike, even if it was naked, and I had a great ride on the Orange Beastie which hadn't been on the road much of late, which for me is hard to go past as far as BMW's are concerned.

Day 2 took us south to Wauchope and onto the Oxley for a 160k blat up to Walcha via Gingers Creek, had a good burger for lunch at the Royal Cafe before retracing our steps  back down the mountain and out to the Pacific Hwy and north to SWR. We were very restrained and for most of the time stuck pretty well to the speed limit which was a change for us, but our licences have both taken a beating lately and we had only 2 points between us.

I have to say it was great to be out again with my old mate putting the big ks up. Its one of the things I miss about not being in Sydney and doing our weekly rides around and about. I wonder if Elliot will miss his mighty 650GT which he proved as being one of the great Maxis. I still have my Gilera's which are both excellent machines although the Runner is still in Sydney and is bloody useful as my city beastie.

Day 1's route downloaded from Elliots GPS

Daelim NS 125: Mighty 1st scoot from Korea that punched way above its weight. Sold
    Vespa GTS 250: Modern Retro brilliance. I'll ride it til it dies.Traded in on a maxi.
    Suzuki DR650: "That Thing" Excellent Single 650 thumper chook chaser that was too tall. Sold
  • 02-08-2017 05:49 PM In reply to

Re: Whats happening

Well don't care much about your mango video

But your pics of bikes and scootes plus the way

you talk about the rides I have missed very much .

So glad to hear from you again Pete take care .

• 02-08-2017 05:55 PM In reply to

Re: Whats happening

Nice report Pete Yes someone was showing me one of those drones the other week very advanced piece of kit with amazing picture quality

Image result for drone cartoon

• 07-22-2017 06:41 PM In reply to

• petegailey
    • Top 10 Contributor
    • Joined on 03-03-2008
    • Posts 7,090

Sunday ride

Down in Sydney for a few days staying with Eccles and need a ride with the cwc crew so at late notice we're going to go out for scoot tomorrow.  Meeting at the 7/11 Mobil at Berowra at 9am for a romp on the old familiar roads, most likely end up around Wisemans for lunch, but who can tell. I'll be riding my little red  Gilera 180 runner which has just got a new cylinder and piston, and having its first run since leaving fritzy's shop. There should be a mixed bag of scooters and bikes, the weather looks cool and fine and I'm looking forward for a good day out with the crew. Anyone who reads this is welcome too join us.

• 07-23-2017 08:11 PM In reply to

• petegailey
    • Top 10 Contributor
    • Joined on 03-03-2008
    • Posts 7,090

Re: Sunday ride July 23 2017

We had an early start with Eccles and I heading off soon after 7am on a cold and sunny morning. Eccles on his r1200 and me on the little red Gilera fxr180. My fingers were soon freezing which made sense when Eccles told me it was only 3C. We headed up to the Pie in the Sky with the view of getting a test ride on one of the new BMW 310R's. I've been keen to try out this little sports bike and see how good the engine was. Pro cycles at Hornsby have been giving test rides of their range based at the pie which provides the perfect venue for a test blat along the old road, the perfect place to see how a bike handles the twisties and the hill.

It didn't take long to be impressed by the 310R. Small and light, it took off like a scalded cat, very well balanced through the tight stuff, good brakes, and plenty of grunt up the hill. For a bike built in India it was reall well crafted, am I being racist? Then engine revved out to about 9000 rpm and it had a real nice feeling once you got to these higher revs. This 300 class is a very interesting proposition ideal for commuting and plenty of fun to boot. I had it accelerating up the hill at 110 and it had more in it. Eccles was equally impressed.  For a taller rider it could seem small but for me it fitted well, and for about $7 grand it was a very nice piece of kit. Both Eccles and I are eagerly awaiting the gs version which should be out later this year. It would be well worth considering for a first step into motorcycles or if you were down sizing, well built and definitely capable of freeway speeds.

After our tests we joined up with the other crew for a loop north along the old rd to Somersby, Mangrove mountain, and down to the river for a burger at Spencer, hub of the universe. Then it was over the ferry at  Wisemans, and the Maroota, Glenorie loop, before heading back to the pie via Berowra Waters. A bit over 200ks on 4 scooters and 3 bikes. I was very pleased with the improvements to the road since last riding them, especially the Wisemans Windsor road and the run up from Berowra Ferry which is like a race track now. There were heaps of riders out and about enjoying such perfect weather and road conditions.

All in all it was a cracker of a ride. Sydney doesn't get much better than this and it was great catching up with the cwc crew again. The Gilera handled the ride really well and the newly rebuilt engine bedded in nicely. It was also great riding with a group of other scooters again, especially Petes PX and I spreading the sweet scent of two stroke across the countryside, ably led by Eccles on great roads, in great weather, great food and great company, Why? Coz we Can

• 07-23-2017 11:13 PM In reply to

Re: Sunday ride July 23 2017

Nice Heinkel Yes

Page 323 of 324 (4847 items) « First ... < Previous 320 321 322 323 324 Next >

ADVERTISEMENT

©2007 ScooterSales.com.au